Wiki Posts
Search

Associated RC8B -Electric

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2009, 05:40 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default Associated RC8B -Electric

Ok, so i've looked. Is there really no thread for this buggy?

Anyway,
anybody have one yet? I'm looking at the "Limited Edition" version. If you know, what's the difference between the two?

More questions coming!

Regards,
Steve
Old 06-17-2009, 05:52 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...d-edition.html

The limited edition is not based on the RC8E, but it does have the big bore shocks. Would be tough to find new as it is a ....limited edition.

I don't think there is an electric kit based on the new RC8B FT.
Old 06-17-2009, 08:18 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I looked for the rc8e limited edition and there are a couple places that have it still. Tower discontinued it a couple months ago. And there is no rc8b-e.
Old 06-17-2009, 11:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by currentking
And there is no rc8b-e.
We should use this thread to list the part numbers and stuff that must be done to turn a FT RC8e into an "RC8Be". I'll keep updating this post to list all of the parts we'll need.

89234 Factory Team Aluminum Top Plate (Blue)

Last edited by Leodis; 06-18-2009 at 01:00 AM.
Old 07-02-2009, 01:11 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Anyone run the plastic big bore shocks that come on the RC8e kit? I would think they would be lighter than the RC8B's big bores...
Old 07-02-2009, 01:49 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

They would be lighter but its not an advantage in the slightest, i just added about 85 grams of weight to the right hand side of my FT RC8E to balance the car out, it tilts the scales at nearly 4kg now fully loaded and ready to race, on the track it feels like it weighs 2kg though to drive, the HP and agility of the buggy is amazing, more weight helps put that power to the ground.

I would imagine the plastic bodies to be a bit of a reliability issue... they might be stronger than they look but 1/8 scale is a rough class, one big hard hit and they might break open...
Old 07-02-2009, 03:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Leodis
We should use this thread to list the part numbers and stuff that must be done to turn a FT RC8e into an "RC8Be". I'll keep updating this post to list all of the parts we'll need.

89234 Factory Team Aluminum Top Plate (Blue)
i already have one and it looks sweet on my ride!!
Old 07-02-2009, 03:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dougyunker
Anyone run the plastic big bore shocks that come on the RC8e kit? I would think they would be lighter than the RC8B's big bores...
they are allitle lighter but while racing this weekend we had a big ramp and i landed flat on the ground and my shock literally snapped in half...my whole car was full of oil and nasty lol i didnt do bad that day just one time i came down and landed on the ground other than the downside and it broke lol Big Bores here I come!!!
Old 07-02-2009, 11:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NJA82
They would be lighter but its not an advantage in the slightest, i just added about 85 grams of weight to the right hand side of my FT RC8E to balance the car out, it tilts the scales at nearly 4kg now fully loaded and ready to race, on the track it feels like it weighs 2kg though to drive, the HP and agility of the buggy is amazing, more weight helps put that power to the ground.

I would imagine the plastic bodies to be a bit of a reliability issue... they might be stronger than they look but 1/8 scale is a rough class, one big hard hit and they might break open...

Funny i read this now as i just fixed my "Limited RC8E" by moving the center diff/ motor mount over ( to the outside) about 3/16"
this solved the 2.5 oz weight diff from left/ right.
IMO adding weight to an allready heavy car makes it respond like a 3 toed tree slug, and stop as fast as a MACK truck pulling a load of cows.
My buggy is down to 7 lbs 12 oz with a 5000 mah 4s battery and the tekin buggy combo + a shit ton of Titanium screws and aluminum nuts and some reall pretty stuff from GHEA.
Old 07-03-2009, 04:50 AM
Tech Regular

I dont agree at all man, i have raced 1/10 off road for a long time and to be honest even the RC8 weighing in heavier with the added weight it still fells very nimble, i can throw it around just as fast as a 1/10 scale. The extra stability and planted feel from the extra weight is more of an advantage than it being lighter and bouncier on the track.... I am not a believer in making cars lighter these days, once upon a time it was an advantage for battery life and power but for stability there is a massive disadvantage to a light car, with 4S lipo and brushless power any 1/8 buggy has stupid power to burn, nitros weigh less but they also have a lot less torque and acceleration which keeps them planted, unless your a ace electric driver that can control the car with perfect throttle control having light weight and big power will give you slower lap times.
Old 07-03-2009, 12:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

Im not sure what kinda tracks yer racn on, but here it is usualy dusty and slick and sometimes really rough. ive found on these tracks the Nitro guys were running away from me on turn exit and out braking me on turn entry.
This was before i put my car on a diet, since then it has evened the playing field and also cut down on parts breakage.
i agree that you can get "to light" but you have to realize a bone stock L 2.0 is as light as my RC8 that has 500$ in lightweight aftermarket parts. im sure the new "B" car is a little lighter, but my "limited Edition" was nearly 9lbs when stock with a MMM combo and 5000 4S battery.

traction is all about having the right tire for the job, and a setup that puts maximum footprint to the track in all conditions.
Old 07-03-2009, 06:56 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CRCDUDE
Funny i read this now as i just fixed my "Limited RC8E" by moving the center diff/ motor mount over ( to the outside) about 3/16"
this solved the 2.5 oz weight diff from left/ right.
IMO adding weight to an allready heavy car makes it respond like a 3 toed tree slug, and stop as fast as a MACK truck pulling a load of cows.
My buggy is down to 7 lbs 12 oz with a 5000 mah 4s battery and the tekin buggy combo + a shit ton of Titanium screws and aluminum nuts and some reall pretty stuff from GHEA.
Be careful moving the center diff. I read on this forum somewhere that another RC8E owner did the same thing. He ended up moving it back because the articulation built up too much heat on the drive shafts. He was also looking to balance the car from L to R.

-Steve
Old 07-03-2009, 08:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NJA82
I dont agree at all man, i have raced 1/10 off road for a long time and to be honest even the RC8 weighing in heavier with the added weight it still fells very nimble, i can throw it around just as fast as a 1/10 scale. The extra stability and planted feel from the extra weight is more of an advantage than it being lighter and bouncier on the track.... I am not a believer in making cars lighter these days, once upon a time it was an advantage for battery life and power but for stability there is a massive disadvantage to a light car, with 4S lipo and brushless power any 1/8 buggy has stupid power to burn, nitros weigh less but they also have a lot less torque and acceleration which keeps them planted, unless your a ace electric driver that can control the car with perfect throttle control having light weight and big power will give you slower lap times.
When u have a lighter vehicle you cant run the same setup or it will handle like you describe. You have to also "lighten" your setup so to speak. I will make sure to send the note to all perofessional racing teams that they should make their cars heavier so they dont react as quickly......
Old 07-04-2009, 04:48 AM
Tech Regular

No need to be a smart ass, and for your information, most of the factory guys dont use the lightweight options even there own sponsors have availible, doesnt that say something?

Im not saying my car weighs "like a mack truck full of cows" im just simply stating that there is no need to spend bulk amounts of money on lightweight parts and mess around with the chassis etc. when simply adding some weight fixes the balance issue and seems to have no worries on the driving style of the car, i am an experienced racer/driver and have good feel for setups so i am making an honest fairly accurate opinion for people to take on board.
Old 07-04-2009, 05:46 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I agree with NJA82!

Adding some weight is a great way to balane the ride. Touring car drivers has been doing it for a very long time. A balanced chassis will work much better then just a lighter chassis.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.