Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Top Flite Magnetic Balancer >

Top Flite Magnetic Balancer

Top Flite Magnetic Balancer

Old 06-17-2009, 02:45 AM
Tech Master

Default Top Flite Magnetic Balancer

Has anyone used one of these for balancing 1/10 buggy wheels? I'm looking to get a balancer and it lookds good and is about 1/2 the price of a Du-Bro. Not even thinking about a Hudy, those are just through the roof on cost!
The manual says it can do car wheels, but i'd like to know if anyone has actually done it succesfully and without much pain!
I'm going to post this in the on-road section too incase anyone there has used it
Old 06-17-2009, 08:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 163 (100%+)

For 1/10th scale buggy tires its fine. For 1/10th scale truck tires, its kind of iffy because the magnets aren't that strong. (But you can take apart an old computer disk drive and get really strong magnets you can stick on the Top Flite.)

I had one and sold it because I got a Matt Francis balancer and that is my preference, but they are hard to find.