Wiki Posts
Search

Mod a T4 or buy an SC10

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2009, 07:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default Mod a T4 or buy an SC10

Just as the title says, i currently have a T4-RS with a blown ESC and i am considering buying the SC10 as a replacement as opposed to buying a bunch of new parts for the T4.. Now i also have a Traxxas Slayer and the Corr style truck seems very unstable in the corners, i know my T4 was always very stable with the wide wheel base compared to the truck, body roll was non existant. Cant say the same for the CORR truck haha. Are the parts available to make the SC10 stick it down in the corners? I know they will kick the tail out on loose dirt and such but on grass and asphalt they wanna roll because of the body roll. keeping in mind im basing this assumption on a 4WD nitro versus 2 RWD electric. Would it make sense to simply mod the T4 or does the Sc10 have the cornering figured out? They way im looking at it the prive would be damn near the same haha.

Whaddya think?
Old 05-24-2009, 07:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Save your money.. fix your T4..
Old 05-24-2009, 08:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Monteman
Just as the title says, i currently have a T4-RS with a blown ESC and i am considering buying the SC10 as a replacement as opposed to buying a bunch of new parts for the T4.. Now i also have a Traxxas Slayer and the Corr style truck seems very unstable in the corners, i know my T4 was always very stable with the wide wheel base compared to the truck, body roll was non existant. Cant say the same for the CORR truck haha. Are the parts available to make the SC10 stick it down in the corners? I know they will kick the tail out on loose dirt and such but on grass and asphalt they wanna roll because of the body roll. keeping in mind im basing this assumption on a 4WD nitro versus 2 RWD electric. Would it make sense to simply mod the T4 or does the Sc10 have the cornering figured out? They way im looking at it the prive would be damn near the same haha.

Whaddya think?

I would go ahead and get the SC10. If your going to spend the money, you may as well have 2 rigs instead of one.
Old 05-24-2009, 08:42 PM
Tech Master

an SC10 would make it 3. I have a T4rs and a Traxxas Slayer already, plus a dead B3 so 4 i guess haha. Oh and theres that pesky CX2 i have kicking around I think i might wait to actually touch an SC10 before i make any decisions, they are still non existent in these parts. My initial train of thought was to buy the RTR SC10 and swap the motor and ESC out to the T4 and go brushless in hte SC10 but my driving style quite honestly will wreck the SC10 if the Slayer is any indication of how the SC10 will handle.
Old 05-24-2009, 10:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Monteman
an SC10 would make it 3. I have a T4rs and a Traxxas Slayer already, plus a dead B3 so 4 i guess haha. Oh and theres that pesky CX2 i have kicking around I think i might wait to actually touch an SC10 before i make any decisions, they are still non existent in these parts. My initial train of thought was to buy the RTR SC10 and swap the motor and ESC out to the T4 and go brushless in hte SC10 but my driving style quite honestly will wreck the SC10 if the Slayer is any indication of how the SC10 will handle.
The Slayer is junk >>> because it has narrow tires. It's basically a 4wd gas truck! Put gas truck tires on the Slayer and its good BUT then it wouldn't be a short course truck.

Put the Slayer body on your T4 and you will see the same body roll as a Slayer.

I had two Slash's, now just a body from one.
Old 05-24-2009, 10:52 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Don't bother with what has been said...

Tailor your vehicle to what is raced locally . Around here, CORR is picking up and there are only 2-3 T4/XXX-T racing anymore.

If there are 10 1/10 trucks and 2 CORR trucks in your neck of the woods, replace what is necessary and run the 1/10 truck class .
Old 05-24-2009, 10:53 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by tmail55
The Slayer is junk >>> because it has narrow tires. It's basically a 4wd gas truck! Put gas truck tires on the Slayer and its good BUT then it wouldn't be a short course truck.

Put the Slayer body on your T4 and you will see the same body roll as a Slayer.

I had two Slash's, now just a body from one.
On that note i am not racing this truck so the tire selection will not effect anything, I would assume there would be a good chunk of trimming to get truck tires under there?

My T4 is set up very low and firm, i dont get much of any body roll from it to be honest.
Old 05-25-2009, 03:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

It's more cost effective to buy a new SC10, and sell the T4 for a few bux.

SCT is the future of 1/10 truck racing
Old 05-25-2009, 03:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 110 (100%+)

Originally Posted by glassdoctor
It really is starting to look that way. I am fine with that though. Now we just need a losi or kyosho to join the fun.
Old 05-25-2009, 04:42 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by glassdoctor
It's more cost effective to buy a new SC10, and sell the T4 for a few bux.

my concern with the SC10 is, how does it handle compared to the T4 in a bashing way, right now i know my T4 "on road" will not flip if i turn hard at speeds and thats on the 4 ribs and bowties, im only concerned about it because i have a traxxas slayer CORR truck and the body roll is way to much, is the SC10 low like the T4? I still haven't been able to see one in person out here.
Old 05-25-2009, 05:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

1/10 truck isnt going anywhere...i like the CORR scale rc trucks but i think ppl will get bord of the not being able to ramp as good as us t4 ppl and will move into 1/10 when they get better..we had 37 slashes and 13 1/10 in our place one time then about 4 months later there were about 17-20 1/10 and 20-25 slashes
Old 05-25-2009, 05:23 PM
Tech Master

so youre saying mod the T4

Im very much so leaning towards that option, simply in favour of spending $250 on a motor and ESC instead of $250 on a truck THEN $250 on a motor & ESC
Old 05-25-2009, 05:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

yea mod you t4..u will like it better