Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Clicking noise in my traxxas slash transmission

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2009, 06:18 PM
Tech Adept

Default Clicking noise in my traxxas slash transmission

well i got a new motor and that wasnt the problem but when i hit the throttle it makes a wierd clicking noise inside the tranny but idk if its teh slipper clutch or something else need to no quick cause im racing tommorow
Old 05-22-2009, 06:24 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Leroy1234p
well i got a new motor and that wasnt the problem but when i hit the throttle it makes a wierd clicking noise inside the tranny but idk if its teh slipper clutch or something else need to no quick cause im racing tommorow
Take it apart and have a look-see.
Old 05-22-2009, 06:24 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 105 (100%+)

That 'clicking' noise in the transmission of a slash is 97% of the time a spur gear missing 1 or more teeth. It could also be a rock htat is still in the pinion or spur gear, which will lead very quickly to a broken spur.

The motor screws on the slash have a tendency to get loose and that causes the pinion (which is metal) to damage the spur gear (which is plastic). Many of us with slashes have changed the motor screw to some other brand to aviod this (It took me 3 spur gears before I made the change).

Tim
Old 05-22-2009, 06:27 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by TimF
That 'clicking' noise in the transmission of a slash is 97% of the time a spur gear missing 1 or more teeth. It could also be a rock htat is still in the pinion or spur gear, which will lead very quickly to a broken spur.

The motor screws on the slash have a tendency to get loose and that causes the pinion (which is metal) to damage the spur gear (which is plastic). Many of us with slashes have changed the motor screw to some other brand to aviod this (It took me 3 spur gears before I made the change).

Tim
i dont have the time to take apart and i had a brand new spur gear and pinion gear on it and also its making it slow
Old 05-23-2009, 01:48 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Leroy1234p
i dont have the time to take apart and i had a brand new spur gear and pinion gear on it and also its making it slow
put in a bigger pinion if you want it to go faster. As far as the clicking, take it apart and clean it and inspect it. You don't have a choice.