Old 05-23-2009, 02:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

i balance charge mine every time and it doesnt take long
Old 05-23-2009, 04:08 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Onetrade
I will definitely check it out then. Thanks. Anyone have any other contributions?
come on down. don't start buying stuff yet.
Old 05-23-2009, 04:31 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by RB FIVE
come on down. don't start buying stuff yet.
Definetly! Talk to the locals before buying new gear! And if possible, do business with the local hobby shop at the track. If they go out of business, you can't race there anymore!

CODMAN
Old 05-27-2009, 10:28 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I would gladly buy from my local hobby store, its just that the LHS is soo much more expensive than ebay or other online stores. Like if my LHS bought the yeah racing Lipo saddle packs from ebay and sold them to me for 5-10 more, I would be more than happy to purchase them from my LHS. I hate waiting so I rather over pay and not wait. They should start stocking up on cheaper items that are made in china and sell for less than get the more expensive stuff and let it just sit in the store.
If that hobby store at LIR has good cheap lipo packs like the ones from Storm hobbies I will buy them asap. Done deal
Old 05-27-2009, 12:11 PM
Tech Regular

I understand where you're coming from. Most hobby shops around here charge much much more (sometimes nearly double) than internet shops. Luckily, I have a great little hobby shop where I race at. He sells his stuff for just a bit more than Horizon hobby does online and there are no shipping charges. So usually it does cost me a bit more by dealing with him, but I'm more than glad of it because doing this keeps him and the track in business. I only wish more hobby shops were like this...

Later!

CODMAN

I would gladly buy from my local hobby store, its just that the LHS is soo much more expensive than ebay or other online stores. Like if my LHS bought the yeah racing Lipo saddle packs from ebay and sold them to me for 5-10 more, I would be more than happy to purchase them from my LHS. I hate waiting so I rather over pay and not wait. They should start stocking up on cheaper items that are made in china and sell for less than get the more expensive stuff and let it just sit in the store.
If that hobby store at LIR has good cheap lipo packs like the ones from Storm hobbies I will buy them asap. Done deal
Old 05-27-2009, 12:27 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Like I said... I don't mind over paying a little. But its not a little, its a lot! and they refuse to bargain with you. I was about to pick up a Traxxas Jato 3.3 RTR, at my LHS it was $400 + Tax. On ebay its $360 shipped. That is a $72+ dollar difference (including Tax). How can I support them? Fine! If it was $370-380 for the total price I would do it. The place I go to don't even have a track. While the guy was pitching me that this car is his favorite and that car is his favorite oh and this one is his all time favorite he just steps away to talk to other people. lol

I should open up a Hobby shop with a track. Charge $20 a race, but sell items at ebay prices.

Even better; open a shop and set up 3 tracks! 1/10 scale off road, 1/10 / 1/8 scale on road, what else is huge in the hobby? 1/18 / 1/12?? And a nice airplane landing strip and runway. Charge $20 per person and have it open from 12pm-2am.

Get everyone to come there and even charge low prices on products.
LOL

Ok, back to reality?
Old 05-27-2009, 12:38 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

At LIR, can I practice using soft Lipo packs or do I need the hard packs to practice with? I know to race I need the hard packs. What are some good Lipo Hard packs that are not too pricey? What do I need to bring with me to the track? Can I bring the charger to charge my Lipos? How will a lesser motor make me go faster round a track?
O you are going to love this hobby, slower is faster. Its like the Bible, the first shall be last....

Just show up with a charged pack and enter your first heat and shread. You'll have a blast and then realize over time what it takes to become fast. Just don't buy junk stuff ALWAYS buy the good stuff you'll never regret it. Don't worry so much about other people and what they have and what you have etc. Go and have blast whatever that looks like for you. If you get the bug to race then you'll fall in line just fine. First time out, bring everything you own EVERYTHING.