Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jnyrcr View Post
Is this the one r40victim?
Thanks man! I'd given up on it!
Old 06-02-2009, 06:09 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Cap or no cap running 10.5 in my 4wd and LPF speedo?

Where you at?
Old 06-02-2009, 10:00 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by charly71 View Post
i run the venom pro esc and its pretty much the same esc as the speed passion made bye the same company it has the program box and has all the same settings as a speed passion and man i love this thing! no more hauling my 1100.00 lap top to the dusty track just plug my little box in and make my changes. im gonna grab a new speed passion for my up coming kyosho sp and will not even think about buying anything else. speed passion is the bomb. quality stuff im shell shocked its not more popular than it is. looks like they are finaly getting some respect
Funny thing your not running a Speed Passion, just because they look alike doesn't mean small details like the entire software design isn't completely different

Try a Speed Passion you'll see a difference
Old 06-02-2009, 09:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

o run a speed passion 1.1 and a speed passion 13.5 in my b44 and i love it i let a couple of the local sponser guys try it and they so want that system and my setup
Old 06-03-2009, 06:46 PM
Tech Adept

I run the LPF version 1.1 in my XXXT-CR, mostly with 17.5 and 13.5 motors. Would I notice any change upgrading to version 2.0? Also, would the LCD programming box or the super capacitor be items I would want? Thanks.
Old 06-03-2009, 08:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default differences

The main thing you will notice is they made it more powerfull on the top end of the power band on the 2.0s . The programming box is real handy you can make alot smaller adjustments to the speedo. You will notice the main difference on power on the 17.5 and 13.5 motor it will add some punch.
later Jeremy
Old 06-03-2009, 08:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

What I noticed was a big boost in punch......I had to gear down 2 teeth because the motor was getting a little hot.....but it had way more torque and top end charge than the lpf 1.1 or the gt 1.1

The smaller cap was a bonus too
Old 06-03-2009, 09:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 132 (100%+)

does anyone know what size motor the 3300kv m chassis motor is like a 13.5 or 17.5 or ??? thnx
Old 06-03-2009, 10:19 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Jeremy Blair View Post
The main thing you will notice is they made it more powerfull on the top end of the power band on the 2.0s . The programming box is real handy you can make alot smaller adjustments to the speedo. You will notice the main difference on power on the 17.5 and 13.5 motor it will add some punch.
later Jeremy
Thanks, if I get the programming box will it work with my version 1.1s also?
Old 06-03-2009, 10:48 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by RCMaster1 View Post
Thanks, if I get the programming box will it work with my version 1.1s also?
The lcd box only works with the 2.0 speedos.......8th scale systems also
Old 06-17-2009, 11:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Clint -- after hearing about how much the guys at Checkered Flag like the Speed Passion, I finally took the leap... Elmo was impressed, and I got to try his truck -- I was impressed with how smooth the SP combo was...

I'd PM'd Shawn and he steered me to Stormer and I ordered:
SPR98802LPF GT Competition Brushless ESC v2.0 Low Profile, LPF
SPRSPF135 13.5R Brushless Motor

Anyone have advice on settings for Offroad Truck?
How about for Dirt Oval Sprint Car?
(I race both classes at the RC Race Barn, and may try it in either one...)

I'm currently running Novak in the Offroad truck -- looking for an edge over the other Novak users...

Last edited by tfrahm; 08-02-2009 at 10:20 PM.
Old 06-18-2009, 02:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default hey

Hey Tony I remember you from when I came to Jeff City a coulpe of times. With the 13.5 you wont need to change much on settings to start off with just set the lipo cut off and if you like drag brake go to about 15%. Once you get it geared right you will notice the 2.0 speedo has a little more top end than the Novak stuff. Don't be affraid to gear it up the SP 13.5 likes more gear. If you need anything just hit me or Clint up and we can answer any questions.
later Jeremy
Old 06-18-2009, 06:56 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Jeremy Blair View Post
Hey Tony I remember you from when I came to Jeff City a coulpe of times. With the 13.5 you wont need to change much on settings to start off with just set the lipo cut off and if you like drag brake go to about 15%. Once you get it geared right you will notice the 2.0 speedo has a little more top end than the Novak stuff. Don't be affraid to gear it up the SP 13.5 likes more gear. If you need anything just hit me or Clint up and we can answer any questions.
later Jeremy
Thanks for the tips...

I also have a dumb "newbie" question -- I assume a sensor cable comes with either the motor or the ESC? If not, I need to get one on order ASAP...
(I guess that's the price I pay for being so used to Novak stuff -- their sensor cable is attached, so I never even thought to ask about it on the SP stuff until now...)

Thanks again.
Tom

Last edited by tfrahm; 06-18-2009 at 10:30 AM.
Old 06-18-2009, 10:51 AM
Tech Fanatic

Tom you will need the longer sensor wire.....the motors come with a shortty
Set ups.........motor wise or chassis wise either way pm me and ill give ya the low down on what I've been using at checkered flag

Try and make it up here one weekend with elmo and ill let ya wheel my truck to see if you like the set up
Old 08-02-2009, 10:17 PM
Tech Master

Default "Hidden" LED on GT 2.0 LPF..??

OK -- good news and weird news...

I got the "carbon fiber" GT v2.0 LPF and UltraSportsman 13.5R wired up (finally - it sat on the workbence for a while)...

Good news is it works... the weird news is that it drove me crazy trying to set it up/calibrate it to the radio... The problem is that I had to rely on ONLY the "beeps" because the LED is "hidden" and essentially invisible. it seems to be hidden inside the case, because under normal conditions NOTHING is visible. If I turn out all the room lights in my workshop so it is pitch black and turn on the ESC, I can look in the small 'window' in the side of the case (near the wiring posts) and very FAINTLY see the light -- it looks like I'm actually seeing a reflection of the led off the inside of the case...? WEIRD...

By listening for the "beeps", I was able to setup/calibrate it to my radio, and with the included "box", I can adjust any settings I need, so I guess it's all good, but I have to ask "whats up" with the LED... At least I will be able to get track time with it this weekend -- I can't wait...!

Anyone have and info..?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.