Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Getting back into the R/C scene >

Getting back into the R/C scene

Getting back into the R/C scene

Old 05-24-2009, 07:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Monteman View Post
i have also heard/read of an issue with the slash drive-train/gearbox crapping out quite fast... any merit to that? I am still leaning to the SC10 over the Slash but i had a crazy thought today that i hope i don't act on haha... one of each.

run em both stock for a while then decide which i might wanna race with haha
Its not the drive train, its the motor. Its a very inexpensive motor and a lot of pepole have been burning them up rather quickly, while others have had better luck with them.

There is no comparison between the two trucks.

The slash comes assembled with electronics and is much less than the un assembled sc10 kit. That should tell you something about cost and what you get for your dollar.

The easiest way to explain this is take any brands top of the line kit version and compare that to the same truck in the rtr verson.

The slash is the rtr and the sc10 is the kit, respectively. (for conversational purposes)