Traxxas brushless thread

Traxxas brushless thread

Old 08-15-2009, 02:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

why? looks like root beer crapped on a slash with money thrown at it
Old 08-15-2009, 07:54 AM
Tech Initiate

Hay Jrz, if you really want to make it handle even better you can mount a sway bar up to the front really easy. If you want I can email you some pics of how I did mine since I haven't posted enough on here yet to post pics. And with the new cheaper kits than new era's, the sway bar don't cost much now.
Old 08-15-2009, 08:03 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

what type of wing mount is that? and how did you make the front body post?
Old 08-16-2009, 02:18 AM
Tech Initiate

Default front body mount

The wing mount is a OFN29032 or an ofna. But that code will work with Towerhobbies.com.
The front mount you can see in the pics. Take the stock mount and cut the wings off. Then take one of the body mounts off of one of the ears you just cut off and cut it down to the hight that you want for your buggy. Mine is around 1/4". Don't worry about messing up. There is a spare from the other side you just cut off. =) The on the brace that is left that goes between the tips of the shock tower there is a a little brace on the under side of that brace that you have to ground smooth so you can drill a hole to mount the body mount. And poof you got a body mount for a buggy. If it sounds difficult it aint. And the rear mount is all ready there. Just take off the slash body mount. Hope you have fun.
Old 08-17-2009, 06:27 AM
Tech Rookie

Talking Traxxas Brushless

Hi;
I turned my 1/10 scale-(Really,seems to be closer to a 1/8th IMO) Stock Slash,into a "Fire-Breathing SLASHZILLA" with a few minor changes,Very Easy,relatively inexpensive,and results are a MAJOR CHANGE in Performance!
I installed a TRAXXAS VXL-3 3305 Velonian Brushless system,Motor,ESC,along with adding a set of 4 PROLINE "EPIC" Beadlock wheels,with Proline MOAB 2.2 Tires,the Stock Slash 2.2 Wheel/tire set would probably NOT last very long,the Power that the VXL gave my Slash,even with the stock Pinion and Spur gearing, resulted in more Tire Spinning,than hooking up,even on hard pan/Asphalt. The Proline set-up really improved te Traction,handling considerably,as well as giving a larger ouside tire diameter,adding to more MPH. The only thing Strongly Urge you to add if you take my suggestions,is,to order a Wheelie Bar,the 2 wheel TRAXXAS type,Not the single wheel set-up available from other manufacturers,the Only eal drawback is that you have to remove the rear Bumper and mount to add the Traxxas Bar,Not a big geal,really gives it a more "Slick" look, plus the Wheelie bar will give the Motor protection as the bumper did,on any rollovers,the Rear Bumper really didn't add any help to keeping the body from ground contact,so,you realy aren't Losing Anything by "Losing" the bumper.
I wanted to get the FULL BRUSHLESS Experience,and was sitting on the Fence for a While,trying to decide whether to stay with the NIMH Battery Packs,or go Lipo,...I found an EXCELLENT Deal in an 11.1 V 3400 mAh,3S 18C Lipo HardCase Lipo,through Tower Hobbies,though they can be found at MANY of the Online Stores,just have to shop for the best prices.
To make a long Story Short,..yeah,I know,TOO LATE BUD,..lol!,... I was AMAZED at the INCREASE In Performance All 'Round with my Slash! Just really UNBELIEVEABLE!! You go from knowing your limitations on Turning Speeds that allow for a safe ,Non-Rollover manuever,to Having to RETRAIN your Technique and learn how to "FINESSE" the Throttle,Braking,Really launches like a BULLET from a standing start,and Accelerates just as fast,you have to really think ahead before making any turns,and allowing yourself enough time to slow down or STOP,especially in a small operating area. It's SCARY QUICK & FAST,but NOT "Un-Tameable",It's like going from driving your2007 Nissan Versa and getting into your Weekend Warrior 1971 Plymouth Road Runner with a 426 HEMI,Just have to Know your Limitations and what you Can and Can't do. You'll also have to adjust your suspension as far as Shock height,spacing,plus,raise your body mount posts to add a little more clearance for your larger tires,if you go that route. I had to shave just a bit of the wheel wells along with raising the body a bit and I have BETTER clearance than I did when the Slash was "STOCK".
ANYWAY,If thinking about going BRUSHLESS,Just research your equipment before buying,I stuck with TRAXXAS and am VERY HAPPY I did,AND,DON'T think you have to go out and gett a 6000 mAh Lipo or above to get where you want to be,..I stayed with the 3400,and was initially worried about being "Under-Powered,but,I was MORE Concerned with Frying out the Electronics and Overheating the Electronics going with a Mega High powered Lipo,...the 3400 is almost MORE than I wanted ,after getting used to the new performance curve,and along with a little supension tweaking,I'm starting to be more comfortable with the New Improved MONSTER! AND IT'S A BLAST!! I am Now Lipo/Brushless ADDICTED!!
( Photo of SLASHZILLA is my AVATAR in case you want a peek)
Have Fun,
Bob
East Hanover,NJ
Old 08-17-2009, 07:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TRAXXZILLA-FAN
Hi;
I turned my 1/10 scale-(Really,seems to be closer to a 1/8th IMO) Stock Slash,into a "Fire-Breathing SLASHZILLA" with a few minor changes,Very Easy,relatively inexpensive,and results are a MAJOR CHANGE in Performance!
I installed a TRAXXAS VXL-3 3305 Velonian Brushless system,Motor,ESC,along with adding a set of 4 PROLINE "EPIC" Beadlock wheels,with Proline MOAB 2.2 Tires,the Stock Slash 2.2 Wheel/tire set would probably NOT last very long,the Power that the VXL gave my Slash,even with the stock Pinion and Spur gearing, resulted in more Tire Spinning,than hooking up,even on hard pan/Asphalt. The Proline set-up really improved te Traction,handling considerably,as well as giving a larger ouside tire diameter,adding to more MPH. The only thing Strongly Urge you to add if you take my suggestions,is,to order a Wheelie Bar,the 2 wheel TRAXXAS type,Not the single wheel set-up available from other manufacturers,the Only eal drawback is that you have to remove the rear Bumper and mount to add the Traxxas Bar,Not a big geal,really gives it a more "Slick" look, plus the Wheelie bar will give the Motor protection as the bumper did,on any rollovers,the Rear Bumper really didn't add any help to keeping the body from ground contact,so,you realy aren't Losing Anything by "Losing" the bumper.
I wanted to get the FULL BRUSHLESS Experience,and was sitting on the Fence for a While,trying to decide whether to stay with the NIMH Battery Packs,or go Lipo,...I found an EXCELLENT Deal in an 11.1 V 3400 mAh,3S 18C Lipo HardCase Lipo,through Tower Hobbies,though they can be found at MANY of the Online Stores,just have to shop for the best prices.
To make a long Story Short,..yeah,I know,TOO LATE BUD,..lol!,... I was AMAZED at the INCREASE In Performance All 'Round with my Slash! Just really UNBELIEVEABLE!! You go from knowing your limitations on Turning Speeds that allow for a safe ,Non-Rollover manuever,to Having to RETRAIN your Technique and learn how to "FINESSE" the Throttle,Braking,Really launches like a BULLET from a standing start,and Accelerates just as fast,you have to really think ahead before making any turns,and allowing yourself enough time to slow down or STOP,especially in a small operating area. It's SCARY QUICK & FAST,but NOT "Un-Tameable",It's like going from driving your2007 Nissan Versa and getting into your Weekend Warrior 1971 Plymouth Road Runner with a 426 HEMI,Just have to Know your Limitations and what you Can and Can't do. You'll also have to adjust your suspension as far as Shock height,spacing,plus,raise your body mount posts to add a little more clearance for your larger tires,if you go that route. I had to shave just a bit of the wheel wells along with raising the body a bit and I have BETTER clearance than I did when the Slash was "STOCK".
ANYWAY,If thinking about going BRUSHLESS,Just research your equipment before buying,I stuck with TRAXXAS and am VERY HAPPY I did,AND,DON'T think you have to go out and gett a 6000 mAh Lipo or above to get where you want to be,..I stayed with the 3400,and was initially worried about being "Under-Powered,but,I was MORE Concerned with Frying out the Electronics and Overheating the Electronics going with a Mega High powered Lipo,...the 3400 is almost MORE than I wanted ,after getting used to the new performance curve,and along with a little supension tweaking,I'm starting to be more comfortable with the New Improved MONSTER! AND IT'S A BLAST!! I am Now Lipo/Brushless ADDICTED!!
( Photo of SLASHZILLA is my AVATAR in case you want a peek)
Have Fun,
Bob
East Hanover,NJ
way to long no one is going to read that huge essay
Old 08-17-2009, 08:35 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Way Too Long,Nobody's going to read ,...?

Originally Posted by sLaSh It UPP
Gee,well,why'd you take the time to reply with a "Quote" THANKS,Now MORE People Might READ it,why not take some time and read something besides R/C Forums at 10 O'Clock in the morning, HUGE ESSAY,LOL,Read some instruction booklets or some POSTS from people trying to share information instead of being the Roger Ebert of AllThat is RC and MAYBE you'll KNOW HOW TO MOVE BODY POSTS AND MOUNT WINGS,ALL BY YOURSELF like the Big Boys..... ,...,
Attached Thumbnails Traxxas brushless thread-hpim0532.jpg  
Old 08-17-2009, 10:22 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by sLaSh It UPP
personally i would rather read an essay that answers possible questions and gives good info than read a short open ended post that leaves you with more ?'s than answers, then you have to ask about what they left out and hope for a reply before thread changes directions . . .