Community
Wiki Posts
Search

choosing off road class

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2009, 08:37 AM
Tech Initiate

Default choosing off road class

This july i will fulfill my dream of racing electric.lol. i race nitro 1/8 scale buggy's but have always wanted to race electric. i am having a hard time deciding which class though.

these are the classes they offer: (band b hobbies in sw florida)
''However, our off road track is going great. We offer 1/8 electric; 1/10 buggy open 1/10 truck open; slash stock; short course open and 1/10 4WD open.''

i think all of the classes are competitive enough and i don't have too much of a preferance. after this one month it will retire to bashing on my bakyard track so i want durabilyty as well as race qualities.

i should add that my budget is 325 bucks but i already have a servo a radio an esc and a stick pack for practice so basically 300 for a kit and a trinity comodo dragon pro...
the question is which kit????
Old 05-18-2009, 08:44 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I prefer 1/10 truck. As you know though tires for your track are a big deal. I race an assoc. t4. Great truck. The factory team kit is $234.99 on tower and if you order before the 31st then you get $20 off. The kit comes with proline holeshot tires for the rear and proline edges for the front.

You could also get a factory team b4 buggy kit. It is $224.99 with the same deal about the $20. It comes with holeshots for the rear and proline wide 4 rib for fronts.
Old 05-18-2009, 10:27 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

based on your budget and plans to do bashing in the near future, I would probably look into an SCT truck like the traxxas slash or the associated SC10 make sure and get FN Cudas front brace if you go with this).

You will get racing action in a class that appears to be growing fast, and it should be bash friendly too.

If budget wasn't an issue, I would look into a 1/8 scale electric buggy.
Old 05-19-2009, 06:04 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 109 (100%+)

I would definitely go with a Short Course truck. They are extremely fun to bash and race. In fact, a lot of the pro buggy and truggy drivers at our track are now getting into the SC classes and are saying they're having more fun than they ever had racing the buggies and truggies. I am racing in 3 SC classes (slash spec, mod slash/SC10, and SC8) and I have a blast in all of them! I just love the fact that you can bump and rub fenders the whole way around the track and not necessarily take anyone out. It makes for much more exciting racing.
Old 05-19-2009, 09:24 AM
Tech Initiate

yeah, i'm liking the sc10 more and more. most of the time when buggy's or truggys break is whits a head on collision and i like the idea of a bumper to protect mt a-arms, any upgrades neccecary???

i'm also liking the losi xxx-t cr for it's reputed durability and better ground clearance. can someone please measure the ground clearence of an sc10 for me??? thanks a lot...
Old 05-19-2009, 12:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

i dont see the slash class staying forever...but get into 8th scale electric or 10 scale truck!