CAN I MOD THIS?????

Old 05-18-2009, 01:46 AM
Tech Rookie

Thumbs up CAN I MOD THIS?????

I have a GV V2 series nitro on-road car, but i also own a Radioshack Avalanche which i got for a Christmas present many years ago. I was wondering if there are ways to make the car go faster and mod it a bit, as i know that Electric cars can and do go fast.

Please reply with ways to help me or tell me if the car is any good. Thanks
Old 05-18-2009, 01:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

oh boy, somebody's planning another Psyco-Tyco

If you can get the body off post a pic of the chassis, some of the more expensive Shack cars can fit a regular 6 cell sub-C and a 540 or 550 motor and have room for regular hobby-grade electronics
Old 05-18-2009, 02:04 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by OTE_TheMissile View Post
oh boy, somebody's planning another Psyco-Tyco

If you can get the body off post a pic of the chassis, some of the more expensive Shack cars can fit a regular 6 cell sub-C and a 540 or 550 motor and have room for regular hobby-grade electronics
How do i post pictures of i on here?
Old 05-18-2009, 02:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

aw crap, forgot noob members have to hit a certain number of posts before they can upload pictures...umm do you have these pics on something like Photobucket or ImageShack? if so just copy & paste the URLs here and I'll post them

EDIT: scratch that, I just saw a new member attach pictures. Down near the bottom of the reply screen there's a button labeled "Manage Attachments", go from there

Last edited by OTE_TheMissile; 05-18-2009 at 02:24 AM.
Old 05-18-2009, 05:33 PM
Tech Initiate

Usually the radio shack stuff is 9.6volt junk. If thats the case, the easiest way to "supercharge" it is add more batteries.

I had great luck with adding 3 nicad AA batteries to a radioshack car. if you can find a place to mount a 2 or 3 AA battery holder on the truck and do a tiny bit of soldering you'll notice a sizable difference in speed and acceleration.

Be aware that this truck likely has no bearings. The increase in power will greatly reduce the life of the cheap plastic bushings. when they get worn out enough the gear mesh will change and the gears will strip. You'll have a bit more fun with it before it before it dies though.