Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Tekno's 8T 2.0 conversion kit is the business!!! >

Tekno's 8T 2.0 conversion kit is the business!!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tekno's 8T 2.0 conversion kit is the business!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2009, 09:26 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)
Default Tekno's 8T 2.0 conversion kit is the business!!!

Hey Fellaws,

i finally drove my 8T 2.0 with the tekno conversion. All I can say is "BEAUTIFUL". this kit is butter and it handled WAY better than the losi electric conversion. The 3 shoe clutch and with the 0.7mm springs is the way to go. It's the business. I personally liked direct drive before. But after finally giving tekno's 3 shoe clutch system with the 0.7mm springs a chance, I am liking this setup way better. Also, this clutch system will eliminate any need of a slipper clutch. Is very CLOSE to direct drive. You will have a lot less tire spin without sacrificing the beautiful low end torque electric motors give you. Also, i end up going with manual brakes. I have to be honest, i was missing the brake biasing. Especially on dry tracks when u need that hook sliding. And I feel a lot better knowing my motor is not being all stressed from all the hard braking from long straights.

Bottom line, if u go electric, go tekno!!! u won't regret it!!! it's the best of both nitro and electric world!!!
Old 05-03-2009, 10:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I find it much easier to drive a clutch set-up harder too. I can grab the throttle more and mash it, where I would need to be way more thought out and finesse with direct drive.

Both 2.0 kits are way sweet. Best/only way to dominate is with the Losi 2.0 conversions.
Old 05-04-2009, 04:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 267 (98%+)
Default My thought s on Tekno's 2.0 conversion kit.

I'd like to say 1/8 scale electrics would not be where they are today without Tekno and I thank you for that. My only issue with the 2.0 Tekno kit is you lose the factory flex tuned chassis Losi put so much R & D into for the 2.0. I guess your saying the perks like clutch and brake biasing out weighs the good of Losi's kit. I feel the new stance of the 2.0 needs to be accompanied by the flex tuned chassis.
Old 05-04-2009, 04:18 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Originally Posted by -WHEELMAN-
I'd like to say 1/8 scale electrics would not be where they are today without Tekno and I thank you for that. My only issue with the 2.0 Tekno kit is you lose the factory flex tuned chassis Losi put so much R & D into for the 2.0. I guess your saying the perks like clutch and brake biasing out weighs the good of Losi's kit. I feel the new stance of the 2.0 needs to be accompanied by the flex tuned chassis.
actually, there is some good amount of flex in the rear of the chassis using tekno kit. im not sure if the losi's flex tuned chassis is anything special.
Old 05-04-2009, 04:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 267 (98%+)

Originally Posted by teeforb
actually, there is some good amount of flex in the rear of the chassis using tekno kit. im not sure if the losi's flex tuned chassis is anything special.
I'm not sure either and don't have a lab to test them. I don't assume you would even be able to notice between the two chassis on the track but I greatly trust Losi. I'm really looking forward to getting my hands on a Tekno kit and get some driving experience with it and see how different it really is than my Losi Kit. I'm more than likely going to get another 2.0 for the Tekno kit. I cant bring myself to dismantle my Losi charged one.
Old 05-04-2009, 10:42 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by teeforb
Hey Fellaws,

i finally drove my 8T 2.0 with the tekno conversion. All I can say is "BEAUTIFUL". this kit is butter and it handled WAY better than the losi electric conversion. The 3 shoe clutch and with the 0.7mm springs is the way to go. It's the business. I personally liked direct drive before. But after finally giving tekno's 3 shoe clutch system with the 0.7mm springs a chance, I am liking this setup way better. Also, this clutch system will eliminate any need of a slipper clutch. Is very CLOSE to direct drive. You will have a lot less tire spin without sacrificing the beautiful low end torque electric motors give you. Also, i end up going with manual brakes. I have to be honest, i was missing the brake biasing. Especially on dry tracks when u need that hook sliding. And I feel a lot better knowing my motor is not being all stressed from all the hard braking from long straights.

Bottom line, if u go electric, go tekno!!! u won't regret it!!! it's the best of both nitro and electric world!!!
A couple pictures tell more then a thousand words.