Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Hyper STe 1/12 Questions >

Hyper STe 1/12 Questions

Hyper STe 1/12 Questions

Old 04-29-2009, 03:21 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Hyper STe 1/12 Questions

You probably saw my other thread asking if the CRT.5 with a RCM chassis or the Hyper STe was better and people said that either one would be fine so I'm going with the Hyper STe because it's only $199 total. I have a pretty good idea of what speed I want and what I'll be doing with it. I'm looking for around 40mph and I'll spend most of my time bashing. The jumps won't be anything that amazing when I'm driving at my house prob nothing over 8 feet. I'm basically looking for something a little bit bigger than my RC18T yet small enough for me to have fun in the small area I have to drive.

Where I'll be driving 80% of the time:

15 by 20 area that I might make a few jumps for. It's in my backyard so if I can't drive in the front yard or street I'll have a small backup place.

Won't do much here but some speed runs on the gravel. I loved watching my friends Pede fly down this. It's smooth on the sides but is pretty rough in the middle.

Normally have 2 cars parked here but around 25% of the time it's empty so I could drive in the gravel some.

Just a pictures showing both the above 2 pictures together. I would probably spend 15% of my time driving here.

This is my small dirt front yard. My dad is a landscaper so there will almost always be a dirt pile for me to carve a jump out of and I have some plastic skateboard jumps and I'm going to make some wood ones this summer. The only thing I would do here is get speed and then jump in this area so I land in dirt and not on asphalt. Around 55% of my time will be spend driving here.

This is the street that doesn't have much traffic so I could do plenty of speed runs.

Other direction of the street. All of the remaining time would be spend here doing speed runs or gaining speed for jumps in the front yard.

Now for the questions:

Do you think this will be able to hold up to the bashing I'm going to be doing at least 80% of the time?

I know it's a new car but do you think that it will have a little bit of aftermarket support? (Just in case there is a weak spot or something)

Do any other bodies fit? (The stocker is ok but I don't like how it has the mold for a pipe)

What is the size of the battery tray?

My proposed set-up:

Motor
http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...hless_Inrunner

I know it's not the best but for $30 you can't go wrong. Some of the reviews claim people running them in 1/8 buggies with good luck so a Hyper STe 1/12 should be a walk in the park.

Battery
http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...0mAh_3S1P_25C_

I keep hearing such great things about these batteries so I thought I would use one for my build.

ESC
http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...idProduct=8993

Kinda iffy about this ESC but it's made by HobbyKing which makes the Zippy packs and from what I understand the eZRun ESC's so I'm hoping it would be just as great. I'm going to wait for some reviews or other members to try it first though. If this is a no-go then I'll have to get a MM or maybe a MM-Pro if they are out by the time I need to get an ESC.

I hope you can help me decide on what to get and most importantly if this will suit my needs.

(Sorry if the pictures are too big)

Thanks in advance,
Nicholas