Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HELP with Losi XXT

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2009, 01:13 PM
Tech Rookie

Default HELP with Losi XXT

Does anyone out there know if the Robinson Racing # 9500 Alum Diff Gear for Losi XXX-NT will work in my Losi XXT truck transmission in place of the Losi 3076 gear? I don't really care about the gear ratio. I just installed a brushless motor setup in my XXT and I have already stripped the plastic gear. Or do you folks know of a solution? Thanks!!

Last edited by kerbymiller; 04-26-2009 at 04:05 PM.
Old 04-26-2009, 06:34 PM
Tech Rookie

Old 04-26-2009, 09:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

I dont think the robinson gear will work. A properly set up tranny should handly most any brushless you can throw at it, the internals are pretty much the same as what modern trucks run. If memory serves me right, the main issues I had with the XXT tranny was the center idler gear wearing out.
Old 04-27-2009, 01:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

The XXT tranny does have a much softer gears set than the newer XXX variety. Make sure you change them when you see either the idler or diff gear showing noticeable wear or they will fail on you.

None of the other truck diff gears will fit. You are stuck with the stock. I think HG made an aluminum gear for it.. but I haven't seen one in ages... even on ebay.

If you use a new set of stock gears and get the diff set correctly, you shouldn't have many problems. We used to run hot mods back in the day without gears stripping out.

Good luck!

Jerome

Last edited by JeromeK99; 04-27-2009 at 06:44 PM.