Community
Wiki Posts
Search

toe in stadium

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2009, 04:43 AM
Tech Rookie

Default toe in stadium

hi can some one help me with toe in settings for and 2 wheel drive staidium truck and camber please
Old 04-22-2009, 05:15 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by isol
hi can some one help me with toe in settings for and 2 wheel drive staidium truck and camber please
For toe, If you got a push, you might can go out about .5 degree. Most instruction manuals say 2 degrees in though. Most times i use 2degrees camber, it allows the outside tire to square up in turns and give better traction.

This is for an associated T4
Old 04-23-2009, 09:00 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I'm presently also trying to sort out my E-Firestorm setup. There is a thread for the truck elsewhere but since I'm looking at steering issues, it's relevant here I guess.

My truck has been suffering from understeer for a while now, and after increasing the steering EPA, it turn a bit better. Right now, the truck only respond well 2/3 way into the turn (throttle off). Initial turn-in wasn't great, and it went wide mid-way. Only seem to grip at the last part of the turn.
So I heard that adding camber in the front wheels helps steering, and having some bit of toe-out helps steering-in. Any suggestions, anyone?

And may I know how do I go about getting the optimum toe angle and camber degree, how do I gauge and what to look out for?

Also, having toe-in on the rear wheels aids straight line and corner exit stability. Tried that and it worked, but does too much rear wheel toe-in limit steering?

(Sorry for thread hi-jack and the multiple questions.
Old 04-23-2009, 09:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Suzukee
I'm presently also trying to sort out my E-Firestorm setup. There is a thread for the truck elsewhere but since I'm looking at steering issues, it's relevant here I guess.

My truck has been suffering from understeer for a while now, and after increasing the steering EPA, it turn a bit better. Right now, the truck only respond well 2/3 way into the turn (throttle off). Initial turn-in wasn't great, and it went wide mid-way. Only seem to grip at the last part of the turn.
So I heard that adding camber in the front wheels helps steering, and having some bit of toe-out helps steering-in. Any suggestions, anyone?

And may I know how do I go about getting the optimum toe angle and camber degree, how do I gauge and what to look out for?

Also, having toe-in on the rear wheels aids straight line and corner exit stability. Tried that and it worked, but does too much rear wheel toe-in limit steering?

(Sorry for thread hi-jack and the multiple questions.
This is an inherent problem with the E-Firestorm. The back end is very heavy with the metal gears and the motor sitting so far behind the rear axle. The only solution that I have heard of it to flip the rear arms side for side so that they sweep back and not forward. This forces you to do shocks mods and other things to make it work, but it may help the steering. I have an E-Firestorm and I have been quite unable to race it since it always wants to pull wheelies and doesn't steer worth a darn. I even stuck and spare motor on the front shock tower just for weight and it almost worked.
Old 04-23-2009, 09:25 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Thanks for the reply, so now I know it's actually a chassis limitation. Had driven some pal's XXX-T and T4 before and they turned much better, so it has since become a project to set the HPI to close in on them.

Another bit,
is it normal for 2WD trucks to wear more threads off the inner rear tire, or did I set my camber a little off?
I'm figuring the wear could be during turns, where centrifugal force help the outside wheel grab traction, but the inside wheel spins off the differential. And all that half-traction spinning is when the inner thread wears.