Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree4Likes

HPI Electric RS4 MT Support Thread!

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2017, 01:52 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by ljh501
Anyone have a suggestion for the center pulleys? Do they share the part with any other vehicles? I need to replace mine, thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Not sure if these are the same, same amount of teeth and it's HPI so maybe

HPI Racing RC Car Sprint 2 Pulley Set 15T x2 85016 | eBay
Old 11-06-2017, 07:15 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Stadium
Not sure if these are the same, same amount of teeth and it's HPI so maybe

HPI Racing RC Car Sprint 2 Pulley Set 15T x2 85016 | eBay
Thanks for the info, I saw these somewhat in the course of searching. Unfortunately I could never see the other side of the pulley. Also I do know there are multiple widths among HPI pulleys? With the MT being slightly wide (the width is definitely something I wasn't able to verify online).

Last edited by ljh501; 11-06-2017 at 09:36 AM. Reason: additional info on width
Old 11-06-2017, 10:02 AM
Tech Initiate

Not sure if this is any clearer for you or if you've already seen it, I think what can be seen makes it like quite narrow so maybe wouldn't fit

Old 11-06-2017, 11:40 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Stadium
Not sure if this is any clearer for you or if you've already seen it, I think what can be seen makes it like quite narrow so maybe wouldn't fit

I really appreciate you giving me some suggestions, the info has been very helpful.

I do have a standard RS4 Pro TC and comparing the MT belt to the non-MT pulley the width is definitely concerning as it kind of rests on the sides a bit vs completely in the grooves.
Old 01-04-2018, 09:38 AM
Tech Regular

Another question for anyone who might have experience with the electric MT and a Nitro one. I'm needing some body mounts for my electric MT and am having trouble sourcing them (if anyone has to sell please pm me).

HPI has 2 separate part numbers for the trees that contain the body mounts for the electric and nitro. They each have body mounts, shock towers and lower bulk heads. The body mounts look the same, the towers/bulkheads look different.

Can anyone confirm that the body mounts are indeed the same? I have holes drilled on my body and inner so I'd like to be as exact as possible.

Thanks in advance for any info.
Old 01-30-2018, 07:42 AM
Tech Regular

Is anyone running Associated hex wheels on their MT? I'm having clearance issues on the front wheels and wanted to know if anyone else has a solution?

I can get wider hexes but I'm not 100% how wide I can go and still be able to bolt the wheels down and have no rub (I'm thinking 8mm).

I see the MT2 wide conversion hexes and imagine they will work but I'm having a hard time spending $50ish on those without knowing for sure they work well and/or not compromise things by being too wide or anything.

I appreciate any insight.
Old 02-03-2018, 04:10 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

i have my eye on one if the guy would respond to messages
Old 03-18-2018, 03:07 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Help looking for some A225 friction disc

Hey all...
Looking to get this rolling again
The friction washer is slipping...no matter how tight we adjust the nut.

Does anyone have one or a source.

Also bonus question...
What rs4 nitro parts fit.

Suspension?
Aluminium?
Thank you for your time

Last edited by fritzl65; 03-18-2018 at 03:25 PM.
Old 04-23-2018, 02:04 PM
Tech Initiate

It's good to see this thread is alive and well, mostly. This truck deserves so much more love than it gets. I'm going to start racing mine at a local track just for kicks.

Also, TBG now makes the F-150 body and the gear cover.

Body

Gear Cover

And if anyone's still looking

Body post tree

Claims to have 8 more.
Old 04-24-2018, 06:39 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Hi Ramp4ge
thanks for the reply, I bought a gear cover.
Now... do you know what aluminum parts are available?
I upgraded to a brushless and bought spare belts.
Old 04-26-2018, 07:34 PM
Tech Initiate

There wasn't a lot of aftermarket support for this truck even when it was on the market. It was kind of a black sheep for some reason. HPI did some graphite parts, and had an upgraded motor plate with heat fins, and MIP made a Shiny CVD set for it, but I don't recall much in the way of aftermarket aluminum stuff or aftermarket stuff at all. It didn't get anywhere near the aftermarket love the Nitro MT got. You could build a Nitro MT from 100% aftermarket parts. It was crazy.

And unfortunately, almost none of the Nitro MT parts fit the RS4 MT.
Old 06-06-2018, 04:21 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ramp4ge
There wasn't a lot of aftermarket support for this truck even when it was on the market. It was kind of a black sheep for some reason. HPI did some graphite parts, and had an upgraded motor plate with heat fins, and MIP made a Shiny CVD set for it, but I don't recall much in the way of aftermarket aluminum stuff or aftermarket stuff at all. It didn't get anywhere near the aftermarket love the Nitro MT got. You could build a Nitro MT from 100% aftermarket parts. It was crazy.

And unfortunately, almost none of the Nitro MT parts fit the RS4 MT.
Eh. It got it's fair share. Luckily, it shared a good number of parts with the RS4 Pro/Pro 2/Sport/Sport 3, so it got some of their aftermarket support as well... Bulkheads, ball diffs/one ways, C-hubs and front/rear hub carriers, entire rear bulkhead assembly, etc. You could even fit HPI's old 2-speed on it. It also got the RRP top shaft, purple anodized turnbuckles, and the shiny CVDs you mentioned.

Old 03-04-2019, 11:36 AM
Tech Rookie

Howdy all. I picked up a RS4 MT from eBay on a whim. She's a bit crusty and arrived with a broken front shock tower. Otherwise it seems to all be there with a few nice upgrade parts like CVDs, the HPI upgraded shocks and some carbon fiber pieces. Had a few spare belts and plastic parts thrown in too. Unfortunately, no new shock tower (I'm guessing this was why the truck sat for a while) and of course finding a new one is tough. I ended up designing and printing a new part before I stumbled across a new A457 part set. The printed part is a bit beefed up in a few spots compared to the original. I didn't expect this truck to be as agile as it turned out to be. Turns on a dime with almost no hesitation and seems to have a good balance and speed. Definitely a keeper if I can keep making parts for whatever breaks. Looks like it also has the Robinson Racing Products top shaft and its a bit worn. Not sure if I'll find another one or the stock replacement parts for the top shaft. Might have to make something myself. I don't have enough posts to add pictures yet, so no pics of the new shock tower for now.
We Are Ninja likes this.
Old 11-18-2019, 05:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 144 (100%+)

I picked up a rc collection ant there was an electric rs4mt chassis in there. It appears to be pretty complete minus hexes wheels, tires, and body. I have no desire to get it running.What are the generally worth?
Old 11-20-2019, 05:09 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jinxed
I picked up a rc collection ant there was an electric rs4mt chassis in there. It appears to be pretty complete minus hexes wheels, tires, and body. I have no desire to get it running.What are the generally worth?
Can you post some pics of what you've got?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.