Wiki Posts
Search

Team Associated B4

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2009, 05:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)

Originally Posted by jmcvicker
Slash it up - definitely listen to the answers here in terms of motor. In fact, you probably shouldn't buy anything until going into the shop/track, talking with the guys who run the racing, find out the class(es) available and consider motor choices. When you "start racing at a track" - you need to at least know what classes are available and what kind of setups are good there. If your first question is a concern (what breaks more) - maybe also consider the T4 as they tend to be a little more forgiving and some tracks have a "Mod" class which would allow you to use your 5700 that you say you already have.

Measure twice, cut once.
Good advice, but Mod Truck is all but dead at LIR on a week to week basis.
Old 04-16-2009, 01:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

so my 5700kv sidewinder wouldnt be legal at LIR ??? thanks for the advice
Old 04-16-2009, 04:40 PM
Tech Master

what are some set ups for LIR? are there any different buggies that are better than the b4?
Old 04-17-2009, 05:14 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by sLaSh It UPP
so my 5700kv sidewinder wouldnt be legal at LIR ??? thanks for the advice
Not for the 19 turn class.

what are some set ups for LIR? are there any different buggies that are better than the b4?
Most guys are running the lite weight setup on the B4 these days and they are pretty dialed. The B4 is one of, if not the best 2wd on the market, IMO.

Like someone said in the LIR thread. Come down to LIR to purchase your car and one of the fast AE guys would be more than happy to help you get your stuff dialed in.
Old 04-17-2009, 12:34 PM
Tech Master

do u know anyone who is there at at the track this weekend? i think that i might take a trip there anyway to try my slash out
Old 04-17-2009, 12:41 PM
Tech Elite

do u know anyone who is there at at the track this weekend? i think that i might take a trip there anyway to try my slash out
Track should be crowded this weekend. Club racing tonight, practice day tomorrow and a trophy race on Sunday.
Old 04-17-2009, 12:52 PM
Tech Master

would it be better to purchase it at my LHS because i know them there and they give me deals and i have a friend that works at my LHS that is going to give me his spare stuff wheels shocks and other things but everyone has been telling me to purchase it at the LIR is it better to support the track than go to my LHS?
Old 04-17-2009, 01:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

There is no "golden rule" to only buy the cars you race at the race track you race at. You can buy your spare parts, broken part replacements and tires at the track you race to support them. Your LHS is also an important shop to help out. Now, if the LHS is giving you stuff at-cost or at discounts, though, is that really helping them out much?

If you haven't yet raced at LIR, don't worry about where you buy your initial stuff. But when you're there, make sure that they know you'll be there racing and hanging out and maybe buying stuff. You don't buy friends, you earn them. Lots of sponsored drivers don't buy much at all from the tracks they race at (keep that in mind) but they're there every week racing 1-2 or 3 classes (thus helping out by paying entry fees).
Old 04-17-2009, 01:26 PM
Tech Master

i understand i have been there a couple times and paid a renting fee so i might go to get some tips and figure out some setups ill try to support them the best i can i am getting into racing so ill be there a lot
Old 04-19-2009, 02:51 AM
Tech Adept

I have 2 B4s and after breaking 2 A arms in less then a battery on one of them, I would say A arms. Also I busted a ball cup. Hope this helps
Old 04-19-2009, 03:54 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

so i should go with plastic i have a sidewinder 5700kv is that too crazy i know i can handle it

No 10.5 for starting out.

Just get a FT b4.

Honestly it's not about handling it. it won't be legal for anything but mod.

You will quit real quick if your learning to race in the LIR mod class.
Old 04-19-2009, 03:57 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by terminalpvd
I have 2 B4s and after breaking 2 A arms in less then a battery on one of them, I would say A arms. Also I busted a ball cup. Hope this helps

I broke 2 in 8 months.

1 at V-land with the huge jumps.
Old 04-19-2009, 05:15 AM
Tech Master

what is better for a b4 LIR aluminum or graphite parts? and where do you find these parts?
Old 04-21-2009, 07:23 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 520 (100%+)

what is better for a b4 LIR aluminum or graphite parts? and where do you find these parts?
Plastic chassis seems like the way to go, it flexes more and offers more forward bite and some handling forgiveness. I cant speak for your local track, being up here in Minnesota. IMO, aluminum bulkheads (arm mounts) frt and rr is ok, but arms seem chunky and restrictive. Ae sells the fr pivots, rear pivots can be found from Chedda bob here on RCtech. I have had a B4 for a while now and have only broken a trailing arm, but I have been indoors on a tight track and top speed was low. Speed crashes can wreak havoc. If you are new, dont jump in w/ the big boys till you have learned the ropes, it may be a frustrating and costly learning experience. The B4 is a good car, turns great, jumps good and is pretty easy to drive. Pay attention when building shocks, so that they are the same left to right, and it will be very fun to drive..Have fun
Old 04-22-2009, 01:16 PM
Tech Master

thanks for all of the information i have made my decision

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.