R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 12-08-2003, 04:06 PM   #1
Tech Addict

Default b4 or xxx ke2 -I know this has been asked a million times...

Im looking into getting a buggy to race at my local track for the winter and Im a little conused about what to get. First of all I have experience driving nitro trucks, but no prior buggy experience. At first I was just going to go with the b4 because I like asoociated. I did a search and found that the xxx is easier for beginniers to drive and that the b4 works well on smooth tracks. The track Im going to run it on has jumps but is smooth and has no washboard type surfaces and this sounds like the type of track the b4 works well on. The last time I went there was in the summer, and most people were running b4's with the exception of the few who stuck with the xxx. Am I going to have trouble driving the b4 since Ive never driven a buggy before. Will my experience with nitro trucks help me at all? I know the b4 is supposed to be harder for beginners do drive, but could I improve my driving with it in time so that it will be easier for me to drive, or it so hard to drive that most people who start with it never get the feel of it. So thats pretty much my dilema any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

heres a pic of my track
AE Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2003, 04:08 PM   #2
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via AIM to Mad Mike101

Sweet LI Raceway. I just got an XXX-4 G+ im gonna race it up there. Im from south east PA.
Mad Mike101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2003, 04:26 PM   #3
Tech Regular

I think the Bk2 is better than the B4 and would suggest that b/c on dry tracks around here the BB4's are always loose and when the track is wet they are good but not quite as good. You also have some Losi drivers at LI like Nocella, Schlick, and Betts that can dial yo ride in.
SlobbaTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2003, 05:15 PM   #4
Tech Apprentice

people are all just going to say diferent things based upon their biast to either losi or associated. in my personal opinion i think that the losi is a better buggy and has proven that at many big races, but lately the losi has been getting beat by the associated. so my advice is get what the fast guys at your track are running because the they can give you pointers and setups for which ever car you choose.
losi4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2003, 07:57 PM   #5
Suspended

Send a message via AIM to kdeezee

What I would do is get a RTR Duratrax Evader Buggy those thing's are dialed LOL Team ASSOCIATED ALL THE WAY!!!
kdeezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2003, 09:47 PM   #6
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

ah yes LI race-way one of the three best thinks about Loooooooooooooong Island..... the others beign South Shore hobbies. And Oven Lovin. ( a pizza place in Ronkonkoma ).

AS for the B4 or XXXbk2... i am fonde of AE but you cant go wrong with iather of the two.

if you looking for a good deal on a b4, i personal know this cat and he takes good care of his equipment

RandMan
#60 of the Original 100
If your not part of the solution
Your part of the problem !
JasonC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2003, 07:22 AM   #7
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 240 (100%+)

hmm,

smooth conditions, I think the B4 will like that. Only thing is that the starting setup isn't very good. Most people I know have changed it right way. The T4s out fo the box was much better. If you are an associated man, you may just want to stick with them since you got a feel for there products already.

By me, we run trucks on carpet with jumps indoors, lots of losi vehicles, but the T4 in stock form laps them easily, and the drivers are really good. The B4 is flat out balistic.
Cain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2003, 02:28 PM   #8
Tech Addict

Does anyone know where I can get the xxx bk2 other than Horizon Hobby? Does anybody here actually go to the LIR? Id like to hear your opinion if you do. I'd also like to know if they have the xxx bk2 in stock. I might go there on friday just to see what everybody is running and what the guys that work there think.
Old 12-09-2003, 02:36 PM   #9

Post bk2

so cal raceway has some..... call them... 1-714-963-7484
or www.socalrc.com
muggleh8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2003, 05:19 PM   #10
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

B4 vs XXX-BK2 - Here is a reminder of the B4's Accomplishments in just it's first 8-9 months! The Count is now 6 Major International and National Off-Road Titles for the B4! It's record speaks for itself. Here are the Drivers, their Trophies, & their Rides! -

Ari Bakla - 2WD & 4WD Australian National Off-Road Champion! Associated B4 and the German designed AE TC3 Off-Road conversion - DURANGO -

Neil Cragg - 2WD British National Champion (BRACA) & 2WD European Champion using the B4! He won the 4WD British Nationals & European Championships using the Yokomo MR4-BC SPECIAL -

The JMRCA All Japan electric offroad championship was decided at the world famous Yatabe Arena indoor track (with retractable roof!).

The most succesful Japanse driver, Masami Hirosaka, was not racing this year. First the 2wd qualifying was run followed by 4wd qualifying and then the finals in both classes.

The race was a big success for Yokomo team driver Hiroshi Suzuki who won both classes. In 2wd he dominated with his Associated B4 buggy while in 4wd he won with his Yokomo MR4BC Special. -

A B4 Sweep at the U.S. Off-Road Nationals at The Tiltyard:

Team Associated with World Champion Billy Easton, 3rd Place finisher Mark Pavidis, and their B4s at the Worlds after the Big Win!

The World Champs - Easton and his B4!

Hey muggleh8tr - Nice Avatar!

Last edited by STEALTH; 12-09-2003 at 08:01 PM.
STEALTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2003, 05:54 PM   #11
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by AE Racer
Does anyone know where I can get the xxx bk2 other than Horizon Hobby? Does anybody here actually go to the LIR? Id like to hear your opinion if you do. I'd also like to know if they have the xxx bk2 in stock. I might go there on friday just to see what everybody is running and what the guys that work there think.
I just got back, been going there very frequently. Personally I think the B4 is really good all around. I've been running Rob M. setup. He is currently running .1 apart to James. Note that B4 is a new car when compare to XXX, once a good setup is established it'll be very compatitive.

I'll be getting a BK2 tomorrow just so I can compare and find out which suit my driving style better.

One thing I have to say about BK2 is, it have all the hop-up already. so it'll be cheaper than B4 if you do decide to hook it up.

Jason
Jasonchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2003, 05:57 PM   #12
Tech Addict

hey jason this is max
i personnally like the losi cars
i have been faster with it
its all about ur driving style.
craziracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2003, 07:41 PM   #13

don't know who told you the b-4 was hard to drive for a beginner but in my opinion thats not true. i had a xxx and have a b-4 it took me months to get the xxx setup so that it would work for me, ( i drive funny and everyone elses setups didn't work for my driving style) once i got it set i didn't have to change it for wet or blue groove tracks. the b-4, i basically setup like the losi and it works great now too. it would be great if you can get a chance to drive each car to make your decision. in my opinion there about equal. oh yea, and all those guys that won stuff, not sure but i don't think thier beginners
ritchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2003, 02:08 PM   #14
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Jasonchi
I just got back, been going there very frequently. Personally I think the B4 is really good all around. I've been running Rob M. setup. He is currently running .1 apart to James. Note that B4 is a new car when compare to XXX, once a good setup is established it'll be very compatitive.

I'll be getting a BK2 tomorrow just so I can compare and find out which suit my driving style better.

One thing I have to say about BK2 is, it have all the hop-up already. so it'll be cheaper than B4 if you do decide to hook it up.

Jason
What are most people running there? So you perfer the b4 over the post bk2, xxx ke? It dosnt seem like the bk2 is very diffrent from the xxx ke, other than the new arms and the new tranny so Im wondering if its really going to make any diffrence. Do they have the bk2 in stock at the LIR? horizon hobby is out of stock. Whats a good stock motor for the LIR?

Im not really big on hop-ups except on stuff for tuning and changing setup so I dont really care about the hop-ups included with the bk2. Id probably be more likely to break the graphite parts anyway.

btw, where do you run the MTX 3 you have? I dont know of any nitro tracks on LI.

Thanks

Last edited by AE Racer; 12-10-2003 at 02:14 PM.
Old 12-10-2003, 05:37 PM   #15
Tech Addict

there r a little more losi than the associated
lir does have a stock class but we run 19 turns because every1 complained the stocks being to slow
craziracer is offline   Reply With Quote