Community
Wiki Posts
Search

new to slash..help!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2009, 02:06 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default new to slash..help!!!!!

Hey I just picked up a fabtech slash and I need to know what to do to get to wheelie. I put in my sidewinder 5700 which in my losi dt wheelied on demand with nicad 7 cells. Slash seems heavy for sure. What do I need to do besides lipo?
Old 04-12-2009, 02:18 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by texas basher
Hey I just picked up a fabtech slash and I need to know what to do to get to wheelie. I put in my sidewinder 5700 which in my losi dt wheelied on demand with nicad 7 cells. Slash seems heavy for sure. What do I need to do besides lipo?
Gearing. Try different ratios and see what happens. Also, tires will help get more grip. From what I heard the stock tires aren't that grippy.
Old 04-12-2009, 03:11 PM
Tech Apprentice

Ok I get better tiresbeteer tires= better traction. I will be bashing in short grass, hard loose dirt and streets and driveways. Which tires should I start looking at? Also should I play around with shock oil and if so what seems to work best?
Old 04-12-2009, 03:18 PM
Tech Apprentice

Ok I get better tiresbeteer tires= better traction. I will be bashing in short grass, hard loose dirt and streets and driveways. Which tires should I start looking at? Also should I play around with shock oil and if so what seems to work best?
The Pro-Line Beedlocks and Flat Irons are a very popular Tire/Wheel Combo. You can play around with the Shock Oil if you want. If you like it where it is no need to mess with it. As I like to say "Leave good enough, alone."
Old 04-12-2009, 03:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

lock the diff with ofna difflock, 16/90 gearing, lipo...worked for me on carpet. also tighten the slipper clutch
Old 04-12-2009, 03:43 PM
Tech Apprentice

Ok thanks for the tire info I will check them out. Truck rolls a lot and I understand its the nature of the beast but im going to do something about all that roll. if I race it it will be in a mod class anyway. By puting aluminum on will it plant better or am I asking for trouble? Last question I've seen the proline and jconcepts bodies anyone know of more for me to check out?
Old 04-12-2009, 03:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

. By puting aluminum on will it plant better or am I asking for trouble?
I take it you mean aluminum parts,and I have found an aluminum chassis GREATLY reduces chasis roll, plus it is darn near invincible (went off a jumpand pegged a tree, stripped some screw holes in the chassis but will just replace with bolts), and it looks great.
Old 04-12-2009, 04:25 PM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks. What chassis did you go with? Rpm arms and towers should work for what I want I think. I just came in from jumping the slash and it seems to sit lower on one side and nothing looks broken and the shock shafts are not bent. Do these trucks just sit weird or do I have a new problem?
Old 04-12-2009, 04:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

http://www.rcplanet.com/Xtreme_Racin...xtr10620ao.htm

I ordered it from Stormer Hobbies for $55, it is a few millimeters shorter than the stock chassis, so the stock body is a little hard to get on, but if you get a new body just drill the holes to fit and you should be good.

The steering linkage doesn't connect to the actual chassis anymore, but after some heavy (I mean HEAVY and ABUSIVE) bashing sessions, it still holds up fine.

Be sure to get to get some blue Loctite and use it on all the screws that attach to the chassis, otherwise they will start to back out.
Old 04-12-2009, 04:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

I just came in from jumping the slash and it seems to sit lower on one side and nothing looks broken and the shock shafts are not bent. Do these trucks just sit weird or do I have a new problem?

They sit a little weird, I know one of my shock shafts is a little bent but that doesn't seem to affect anything, it is probably because the hingepin on that side is not as smooth or doesn't fit as well as the other side.
Old 04-12-2009, 05:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by offtraxx
lock the diff with ofna difflock, 16/90 gearing, lipo...worked for me on carpet. also tighten the slipper clutch
if you tighten the slipper clutch you will bust the tranny with all the power you are putting out. If anything i would loosen it a hair.
Old 04-12-2009, 06:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

Location: Abrams, WI (Yes the same town as CJ & John Greaves)

Last question I've seen the proline and jconcepts bodies anyone know of more for me to check out?
Parma has the "Rattler". It's a deeper fendered body than the others to reduce the amount of the wheels rubbing on the paintjobs. But any body would have that problem if you slammed them down to the lowest body heights.
Old 04-12-2009, 06:12 PM
Tech Apprentice

Ok I tried to tighten the slipper clutch but out of the box the coils were touching on the spring. I got it to turn about 1/8 turn .
Old 04-12-2009, 07:08 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

The foam blocks that come with it let you mount batt forward or to the rear - you want it to the rear to help with wheelies.
Old 04-12-2009, 07:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

I just ordered some dirt paw tires from ProLine. Should def help wheelie in low cut grass...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.