R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road-4/)
-   -   mini lst help (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/289262-mini-lst-help.html)

salabarria 04-11-2009 05:29 PM

mini lst help

on my mini lst when i accelerate only three tires move and the front right tire doesn't. and the drive shaft is still intact

salabarria 04-11-2009 05:36 PM

Also i would like to no if a lipo battery would work on my stock mini lst
and if it does can you guys recommend batteries

salabarria 04-11-2009 07:04 PM

help because im going to the shop tomo and i wanna see if i can buy these parts

jrick78 04-11-2009 07:13 PM

Hey

Sounds like you lost a drive pin. Its very small when you take off the wheel I bet its missing. My boys lost alot of them untill I made them buy there own.

salabarria 04-11-2009 07:45 PM

nah i checked it not that i think its the front differential

salabarria 04-11-2009 11:03 PM

so does anyone noe if lipo batteries will work in a stock mini lst?

Jasun Carter 04-12-2009 03:25 AM

Yes a lipo will work.. I have 2 mini lsts and I run everything in them. If you dont install a lipo cut off with the stock esc, just be aware of your run times (depending on mah of course). I dont run a cut off, but something I usually do, is if I am messing around with some buddies that are driving thier 18t"s or whatever with similar mah nimh packs.. Make sure they holler at you as soon as they feel thier packs starting to lose a little juice.. then dont get greddy. Turn her off and go to the charger, or stick in a freshy. If you want the cutoff, they are like 30 bucks.. I personally think its kinda of a waste.. Just be aware of your runtimes and you should be fine. I think the highest maj lipo for a mini lst is about 2000mah. Tha should give you a good 10 mins, depending on how much foot you have in it.. er woops, I mean finger in it..

Also, Your wheel problem could be a number of things.. I think the diff and trannys in these little trucks are the weak link, I you are going to be running lipos and hotter motors, you may want to rebuild them with the MIP kits that are offered. I did it to one of mine and it is bomb proof now.

Have fun!

rawdawgga 04-12-2009 09:06 AM

what kind of upgrade servos are good for the mini lst2

salabarria 04-12-2009 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by Jasun Carter (Post 5672728)
Yes a lipo will work.. I have 2 mini lsts and I run everything in them. If you dont install a lipo cut off with the stock esc, just be aware of your run times (depending on mah of course). I dont run a cut off, but something I usually do, is if I am messing around with some buddies that are driving thier 18t"s or whatever with similar mah nimh packs.. Make sure they holler at you as soon as they feel thier packs starting to lose a little juice.. then dont get greddy. Turn her off and go to the charger, or stick in a freshy. If you want the cutoff, they are like 30 bucks.. I personally think its kinda of a waste.. Just be aware of your runtimes and you should be fine. I think the highest maj lipo for a mini lst is about 2000mah. Tha should give you a good 10 mins, depending on how much foot you have in it.. er woops, I mean finger in it..

Also, Your wheel problem could be a number of things.. I think the diff and trannys in these little trucks are the weak link, I you are going to be running lipos and hotter motors, you may want to rebuild them with the MIP kits that are offered. I did it to one of mine and it is bomb proof now.

Have fun!

Thanks for the help

salabarria 04-12-2009 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by rawdawgga (Post 5673572)
what kind of upgrade servos are good for the mini lst2

i Heard of this kit that converts the mini lst to single steering servo's, it makes it cheaper otherwise fo to amainhobbies.com and look there....i still have the stock servo's on mine