Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
NEU motors issues : a lesser quality ??? >

NEU motors issues : a lesser quality ???

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NEU motors issues : a lesser quality ???

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2009, 07:40 AM
Sylvéris

Default NEU motors issues : a lesser quality ???

Hi, I have a new Neu 1515/1.5D/F with the new design ! As you maybe know now, the new model has a front end cover which is a different part as the motor can !!! I have seen after only 3 times of use, that this front end cover is moving because it's hasn't been tighten well by Neu ! There is a little screw to prevent unscrewing but this screw was not tighten too ! I decided to fix the front end cover with Loctite but I have to drill an other hole for the little screw ( wich prevent unscrewing ). I want to do it myself, but I'm afraid ! I have send a message to Neu and like everybody, they said me to send them my motor !!!
I have seen now the front bearing seems to be out too ( wear, play ) !!!
How do you want to fix a motor via this front end cover without any issue !!!!
What will I do ? Send my motor to Neu, like many people, because their bearings are bad !!! I know a problem with bearing is possible but they will have too, to drill my motor to fix the little screw who prevent unscrewing and I'm very septic with this can design... A guy said , they are great with customer service... I know they can change me the front bearing if it has a problem, but is anybody of you had already received and test the new bearing ? Is it ok now ? !!! Only them can change a bearing ? It's an embarrassing situation to send them, but not to send us the bearing ! I'm so furious because I have seen it run well and I know this Neu it really powerfull....but those motors are very expensive, and this new design is a total error !!!
I know why bearing are out now, and why they don't want to send us an other bearing !!!
The problem is a clearness now : It's due to the bended shim which is mounted on the shaft to prevent wearing ( play ) , and I think there is a conflicting with this shim and this type of bearing. Some users and me can find a little play on the bearing but just in case : when you push the shaft, you can find side by side wear ( play ) ! "When you push on the shaft", but behind there are the shims and one of it lean on the bearing... Is it not to hard for the bearing ? I think this type of bearing is not made to have some weight apply on it like this ?

Last edited by Sylvéris; 04-10-2009 at 04:21 AM.