Community
Wiki Posts
Search

sc10 assembly question

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2009, 08:38 PM
Tech Initiate

Default sc10 assembly question

So I'm putting my truck together and am having trouble getting the little wheel pin through the rear axle. How did some of you guys get yours in place?
Old 04-08-2009, 08:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by karter15
So I'm putting my truck together and am having trouble getting the little wheel pin through the rear axle. How did some of you guys get yours in place?
have you checked for any burs? Why proper technique of course. Is this on the yolk?
Old 04-08-2009, 08:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by xDaRReLLx87
have you checked for any burs? Why proper technique of course. Is this on the yolk?
...HUH?

I have a small pair of adjustable pliers with a notch cut into one of the jaws using a Dremel. The toughest part is getting the pin started, but once it's in the hole you can just clamp it down with the pliers and when it comes out the other side of the axle it'll pass into the notch.
Old 04-08-2009, 09:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by OTE_TheMissile
...HUH?

I have a small pair of adjustable pliers with a notch cut into one of the jaws using a Dremel. The toughest part is getting the pin started, but once it's in the hole you can just clamp it down with the pliers and when it comes out the other side of the axle it'll pass into the notch.
Ball snap pliers they sell them. I was stating to be sure to check for burs for propper insert which is always a good idea when building a kit on any part your putting together. I didn't specify enough on last post evidently

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/12315
Old 04-08-2009, 09:08 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by OTE_TheMissile
...HUH?

I was thinkin about doin that to my pliers. I got them started but they sure as hell aren't any easier to finish.
Old 04-08-2009, 09:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by karter15
I was thinkin about doin that to my pliers. I got them started but they sure as hell aren't any easier to finish.
It is better to get the tool designed for the job, but all I do for inserting pins into the axle is I take needle nose and use the side (pivot point) as a hammer and I place the part I'm working on a flat level surface and softly hammer it in place.

I just drank some Nos so my brain is functioning you can probably tell
Old 04-08-2009, 09:26 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

The rolled pins can be difficult it install, run them for now but when you get the opportunity replace them with the solid pins. The rolled pins will break in time.