Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Finally another stock tire choice for the Slash/SC10

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2009, 10:39 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by charly71
corr truck racing= corr truck body and corr truck tires/wheels stock or mod class. anything else will kill the class, why? cause if pin style tires are allowed then it turns into tire choice of the day to the people with the fattest wallet. only slash or sc10 stock tires should be allowed in ANY corr truck class wether stock or modd.
I agree that realistic tires are the way the class should be headed. But here is the problem, what is a "pin"? Holeshots are block treads,not pins so would you allow them? I think tracks need to protect their own drivers and create their own rules.

Now 1/8 and stadium truck tires should be banned alltogether. At lthe very east maintain the original rim tire profile and dimensions if one is going to allow "pins".
Old 04-08-2009, 10:44 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by big.johnson

The big difference is how long they will last over a set of stock tires.
On hard packed clay, those things would be toast in a weekend...so $37 seems cheap up front but for as much as I drive, I would easily burn through $100 a month in tires... doesn't sound to reasonable to me. Even 2.2 proline mulchers or something similar would be a more economical choice. I am not a pro racer with tires being thrown at me nor do I care to toss money out for a tire that will help me win a club race... just not worth it.
I will stick to the stockers, they may have poor grip but they last forever and keeps things cheap. The Slash class helps me take a break from throwing money at my hobby.
Old 04-08-2009, 10:56 AM
Suspended

$37 ??
I was just getting them for the rear and use the stock treads up front.
Old 04-08-2009, 11:38 AM
Tech Initiate

Yea those look cool but I dont see them getting any more traction than my precision cut stockers. I know the new rules say no cutting tires but the tracks I run at dont care. If others can run proline switches I should be able to modify my stock tires. Plus with everyone selling thier stock rims/tires on ebay running stocks has never been cheaper. I just found out the state race in Floridas stock slash class requires stock motor and tires. Looks like I have to buy a set of un-cut stockers as they will have inspections. I never even ran my Titan. It looks like it will get some run time in a couple weeks. Thats nice though I can save my chamelion for racing another day.