R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 04-07-2009, 01:16 AM   #1
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default How to adjust b44 differentials

Any tips on building and/or adjusting b44 Differentials? I think I have the building part down, but I have no feel what so ever for the proper adjustment.

After they are together and installed how do I tell if they are properly adjusted?

Any advise would be appreciated.
zipperfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 08:43 AM   #2
Tech Regular

Zip, there is a dedicated B44 thread in this forum that I'm sure holds the answer to your question. Or at least it would be a better place to post your questions.

CODMAN
CODMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 08:53 AM   #3
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by CODMAN View Post
Zip, there is a dedicated B44 thread in this forum that I'm sure holds the answer to your question. Or at least it would be a better place to post your questions.

CODMAN
x1

Plus I think its specifically covered in the assembly manual.
Lightin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 11:30 AM   #4
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by CODMAN View Post

CODMAN
I see you shot someone else down as well for posting a b44 question a few days ago. Are you sure my question was answered before? Or are you just trying to keep new threads to a minimum and sending us elsewhere? Why answer at all?

Please understand that my question may have been answered in some b44 thread started a year ago with 200 to 300 pages of posts (That I could not find), but are you asking me to go searching through 100's of pages for answers?

Threads that are started become dated and get buried in pages of posts.

If I am wrong here please let me know. I was looking forward to some useful information and started a new thread to get current answers.

But instead I get schooled with useless information that the answer to my question may be somewhere else that could take days to find.

Thanks for the help.
Old 04-07-2009, 11:35 AM   #5
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightin' View Post
x1

Plus I think its specifically covered in the assembly manual.
The manual? Tons of useful info. Thanks.

Shock springs, fluid, mounting locations, caster, camber, ride height, spacers, sag, and a lot of other factors are covered in the manual and some are not.

I don't think everyone sets up their car referring to the manual alone. Not everyone uses the same pinion or spur gears. Not everyone adjusts their slipper and diffs the same. That is why I asked.

Again thanks for the help.
Old 04-07-2009, 12:20 PM   #6
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipperfoot View Post
Any tips on building and/or adjusting b44 Differentials? I think I have the building part down, but I have no feel what so ever for the proper adjustment.

After they are together and installed how do I tell if they are properly adjusted?

Any advise would be appreciated.
I locked them and then turned the front out about a 1/16 of a turn and the rear about an 1/8. Gives me good steering/traction balance
cheROK1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 12:36 PM   #7
Tech Elite

Location: Conducting aggressive board meetings at my local track
Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

zipper, YGPM.

Three words...

Ready... Steady... Confetti!!!! (gonna need a new one of those)
SpraydbySprague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 12:47 PM   #8
Tech Regular

Zippy, I was not trying to shoot you down, so no need to get snippy with me. I was just trying to point you in the direction of the B44 thread, which is one of the most popular threads on this board and which you would have found had you searched one page down. But I really should have posted a link to it; that would have been more constructive. The B44 thread has tons of info, amongst which probably diff adjustment if you want to go beyond what the manual says to do. And if it doesn't contain what you want (or you don,t want to take the time to look through it), it's certainly the best place to ask since B44 owners follow the thread religiously and I'm sure someone will help you out.

In general, it's how the forum here works! There are specific threads for specific moddels so the precious info, people like you and me are looking for, doesn't get spread out throughout the board and lost. I was just pointing you towards what might be a more efficient way of finding a good answer to your questions...

Good luck!

CODMAN

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...ne-modify.html
Old 04-07-2009, 12:58 PM   #9
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 97 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to DavidR

Hey Zipper...

As a fellow B44 owner I can tell ya that there is ALOT of good info in the other thread as well... Definately check it out!

I understand what you mean about needing an answer NOW though...

cheROK1212's post regarding this seems to be what most of us are doing.

Good luck!
DavidR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 01:13 PM   #10
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
see you shot someone else down as well for posting a b44 question a few days ago. Are you sure my question was answered before? Or are you just trying to keep new threads to a minimum and sending us elsewhere? Why answer at all?

Please understand that my question may have been answered in some b44 thread started a year ago with 200 to 300 pages of posts (That I could not find), but are you asking me to go searching through 100's of pages for answers?

Threads that are started become dated and get buried in pages of posts.

If I am wrong here please let me know. I was looking forward to some useful information and started a new thread to get current answers.

But instead I get schooled with useless information that the answer to my question may be somewhere else that could take days to find.

Thanks for the help.
I feel your pain!! I hate when people post stuff like they posted!! Why bother right?? I would agree with cheROK1212 I always run my fron a little tighter seems to help the car rotate better in the turns!! If your building new diffs make sure you check them a bunch when you first are running them becuase they always seem to loosen up.
Old 04-07-2009, 01:29 PM   #11
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by trickedyfz450 View Post
I feel your pain!! I hate when people post stuff like they posted!! Why bother right??

Wow was I ever out of line trying to point him towards the main thread. Mental note to myself: never try to direct people to a decent source of information for their question.... How could I have been so insensitive???

Old 04-07-2009, 06:38 PM   #12
Tech Master

Thanks to all for the links to the information. I spent some time looking but my searching skills may not be up to par. I am in the middle of a build and wanted to get it right the first time.

It was pointed out to me by a pro and my local track that my diffs were waaay too tight on my ZX-5. I had no idea. I loosened them up a bit and boy what a difference.

My fault for trying to save time and start a new thread. My apologies to all. Thanks to those who responded with some useful info.

Thanks again
Old 04-07-2009, 06:40 PM   #13
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpraydbySprague View Post
zipper, YGPM.
Thanks for taking the time. I appreciate it!