R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 04-07-2009, 08:11 AM   #31
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (97%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by foolio View Post
I'm with you Cap'n. Plenty of companies have live inventory on their website. It should not matter when you order your product...2:00 AM on Sunday or 3:00 PM on Wednesday. It's the internet for God's sake. The whole point is a 24/7 marketplace. RCPlanet has probably not spent the coin to hook their website into their inventory system. To see an example of a true live inventory, check out amainhobbies.com. If I choose three of the same part, and only two are available, it tells me immediately. In the shopping cart there is a note next to the part that says only two can ship immediately, the other is backordered. When a company says something is in stock, it should be in stock for you. Simple as that.

On a side note, you could have very easily been ordering from the web 13 years ago. It was 1996. Of course not all stores had a web presence but there were plenty of e-commerce websites out there by then. Just because you didn't have the internet, Lightnin', does mean it didn't exist. I have been surfin the web since 1989 starting out with good old Prodigy which had plenty of online shopping.
This gentlemen here pretty summed up my whole point much better than I did. +1 all over this.

* Futaba * O.S. Engines * RC Racing Communications *
CaptainHowdyt13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 08:16 AM   #32
Suspended

Quote:
On a side note, you could have very easily been ordering from the web 13 years ago. It was 1996. Of course not all stores had a web presence but there were plenty of e-commerce websites out there by then. Just because you didn't have the internet, Lightnin', does mean it didn't exist. I have been surfin the web since 1989 starting out with good old Prodigy which had plenty of online shopping.
1989?? Come on now That IS funny!!
Who are you, freakin' Al Gore (who once said he "invented the Internet")??
What did you have, a gerbal-powered Mac with a greenscreen?

All I was saying was that it appears there should be a rational explanation for the lagtime, and it makes a whole lot more sense that it was because it was a new item than anything else. There WAS a limited quantity being shipped to a LOT of retailers, and a lot of warehouse turnover of that inventory. I ordered mine early to avoid the rush and to be at the top of the list going out, and anybody that waited until the trucks started showing "IN STOCK" was just taking a shot in the dark they'd get one of the ones out of the first batch.
Every company's inventory system and order processing works differently, and just because it's 2010 and ordering online is routine nowadays doesn't mean we're all at BurgerKing ordering Whoppers and getting it OUR WAY how we think we should be getting it all the time. Anybody that has ordered enough stuff online that can tell me they've never gotten a package that included a backorder slip and had the other stuff arrive a few days later is either lucky, or not truely ordered much online. Simple as that.
Lightin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 08:40 AM   #33
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04DarkShadowGT View Post
If anyone wants one now, hobbypeople.net has them in stock for 175 less the 20 coupon so $155 + shipping.

Not bad
Thanks for the heads up DarkShadow, because of the coupon, I impulsed bought the SC10 and a FHSS2 MX3 radio...

Regarding the live inventory, it is so common to have those. Another great example is Tower Hobbies. I placed a quantity of 4 of these parts I needed for my car and in the end, it complained saying that one will be back ordered and whether I would like to keep one as a back ordered item or just use the available quantity (3). I needed those parts and needed to stock up on it myself so I ordered all three.

After I placed my order, I went back and checked to see if they truly had a live inventory, indeed they did, the item no longer showed up as stock.

I think any live inventories should show the item as available to everyone UNTIL the item is paid for. Then it's a matter of first-pay first-serve basis. For example, if there is a quantity of 1 of an item, two people can place that item in a cart,

however, during checkout, it should be stated that something is out of stock or not, since it should be well known at that time, unless there is a small chance that there was a race condition, in which one person ordered it at 1:59:30 and another ordered it at 1:59:45...
Old 04-07-2009, 08:42 AM   #34
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Sorry but this company was wrong. You said you had it in stock. It should be in stock. Dont defend companies becasue they are online. They should but huge disclaimers up front that their website does not have up to date stock and they may be out. But that would make people go to companies with more up to date systems.

Lesson from this - Dont order from R/C Planet if you want a product for sure on a set date. If you can wait and their prices are good order away.

Bummer your truck is delayed. It drives me nuts when my new toy gets delayed.
nichocgn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 12:55 PM   #35
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightin' View Post
1989?? Come on now That IS funny!!
Who are you, freakin' Al Gore (who once said he "invented the Internet")??
What did you have, a gerbal-powered Mac with a greenscreen?
WOW. I am not even going to try and argue with you. You win.
foolio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 04:52 PM   #36
Suspended

here's an idea first place doesn't have them try another. thats what I did, 3shops later I got one. what is a day if your not paying for next day air
big.johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 06:08 PM   #37
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Unhappy Rc Planet

I checked on line and found Rc planet had SC 10 in stock(as the website showed)but after two day and no tracking number. I made a phone call to find out
that rc planet had sold out of kits over the week-end, the problem was I order the kit on monday at 4 o'clock pm (mountain time) (6:00 pm florida)
in one working day the web site should of been updated to on back order
and or I should have been email of the problem! not to find out two day later after a phone call ! This is poor business !

Last edited by flbugboy; 04-08-2009 at 06:10 PM. Reason: spelling
flbugboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 06:52 PM   #38
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rearviewmirror Send a message via Yahoo to rearviewmirror

Just for the record..... Hobbypeople already shipped mine! Ordered it yesterday and it shipped today. 154.99 shipped...

"Straights are for fast cars, curves are for fast drivers...."

8ight-E / 8ight-TE / T4 / Slash
rearviewmirror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 08:43 PM   #39
Tech Initiate

I spoke with RCplanet last week and ordred a SC10 on thursday when they had it in stock. I found out friday it had just gotten in stock. then find out monday it still haddent shipped and today i finally got an email sayin it was on its way. we'll see next week if it ever gets here. I should have gotten it from Tower or Amain.
TXGSXR1K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 04:28 PM   #40
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Unhappy new order

I order a SC10 from amainhobbies late last night and got a tracking number
early today. No guessing on when it will be shipping or when will they get it in like Rc planet !
flbugboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 10:49 PM   #41
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by flbugboy View Post
I order a SC10 from amainhobbies late last night and got a tracking number
early today. No guessing on when it will be shipping or when will they get it in like Rc planet !
My experience with Amain has always been top notch. If it showed in stock, they will ship it often times the same day if you order early enough in the day.
foolio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 06:26 AM   #42
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Quote:
My experience with Amain has always been top notch. If it showed in stock, they will ship it often times the same day if you order early enough in the day.
Ditto. Amain has some of the best customer service I've experienced with an online retailer.
skelly1344 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 07:13 AM   #43
Tech Rookie

looks like Amain has 18 in stock. Mine is in the mail as we speak.
speed88 is offline   Reply With Quote