R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 04-06-2009, 10:55 AM   #1
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (97%+)
Default 1/8 shocks fit on an SC10?

I know the Losi 8ight shocks will fit a slash. Does anyone if some rc8 shocks or similar will fit my sc10? Some big bores would be
awesome!

* Futaba * O.S. Engines * RC Racing Communications *
CaptainHowdyt13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 11:12 AM   #2
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to OTE_TheMissile

I've got Ofna Ultra/9.5 shocks on my Slash, and it is a nice setup. Much better than the leaky plastic turds the truck comes with.

The only issue would be length, if you're trying to get more downtravel I know on a T4 the front suspension's downtravel is limited where the control arm meets the upright. What you could do is swap it with an RPM front end setup for the GT2, I know with that you can get a couple extra fractions of an inch of downtravel.

The rear control arms should be able to give you all the downtravel you want, but what'll limit you is the inboard camber mount hitting the rear C-brace, and if you overcome that there's the chance the dogbone will skip out of the outdrives.

Also remember that if you put longer shocks on, they might hit full bump before the chassis bottoms out. That'd be a great way to knock the ends off the rear shock tower unless you fabricate some kind of adapter to raise the upper shock mounting positions.
OTE_TheMissile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 11:47 AM   #3
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (97%+)

If I cant find something that will work, should I go with the FT shocks or some nice Losi shocks? I have the losi shocks from a XXX4 on my B4, and they seem to work fine.

* Futaba * O.S. Engines * RC Racing Communications *
CaptainHowdyt13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 12:19 PM   #4
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I read in another post that they Kyosho velvet shocks are the way to go. People said they used them on their B4 and they were WAY better than the stock ones.
CraigV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 01:37 PM   #5
Suspended

The threaded FT T4 shocks are a nice upgrade but I'm not sure there would be a benefit to going bigger bore, its not like this truck weighs THAT much more than a T4.
The great thing about this hobby is experimentation and being as its a new truck you could be the first. Fire away and let us know.
Lightin' is offline   Reply With Quote