Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
My Brushless Traxxas Slash >

My Brushless Traxxas Slash

My Brushless Traxxas Slash

Old 02-22-2009, 11:15 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default My Brushless Traxxas Slash

Here it is. Planning on getting a Pro-Line Desert Rat and doing a plain black paint job on it.
Specs:
Traxxas Slash
Losi 2.4GHz Radio from MLST2(stock Traxxas one glitched after BL Was installed)
Castle Sidewinder 5700
Orion 7 Cell 4500mAh NiMH
Pro Line Dirt Paws
RPM Revolvers
Many replaced Rear Hubs
Dubro Wheel Nuts in the rear
Uhh that's all I can think of
I do have a video of it in HD on Youtube when I still had the original tires in the rear but Youtube isn't working for me at this moment.
Aww man, with resizing the pics, the quality went with it So picture quality isn't at its best thanks to resizing

Enjoy! Please comment!
Old 02-22-2009, 01:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Thats cool, how do you like those rear tires?
Old 02-22-2009, 02:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

tight, the5700 is perfect in a slash...
Old 03-24-2009, 05:49 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by snowboard094
Thats cool, how do you like those rear tires?
They are awesome! They hook up well in snow, dirt, mud and grass especially. It looks like my boat when that goes across water with the Slash going across dirt, grass, mud or snow and throwing huge roosts. Getting some new stockers for the rear so I can hopefully enter in the 2009 Short Course Nationals..I hope. In the open class of course!

Originally Posted by trdsupra88
tight, the5700 is perfect in a slash...
Yup. Can't wait to get my Zippy LiPo!
Old 03-24-2009, 06:18 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default tires

i'm converting my slayer to brushless and wanting to put them tires on bad but don't know how so what wheel did you use and did you have to use hub adapters want to put them all the way around my slayer my buddy has them on the back of his rustler and man do they hook up
Old 03-24-2009, 06:35 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by laser_cart
i'm converting my slayer to brushless and wanting to put them tires on bad but don't know how so what wheel did you use and did you have to use hub adapters want to put them all the way around my slayer my buddy has them on the back of his rustler and man do they hook up
Well the RPM Revolver rims come with their own hex's which are thinner than the stock traxxas ones and are required to install or you cannot run the RPM rims. The RPM Revolvers look great, come in black gloss or chrome and are standard 2.2 but they are front and rear ones not sure what ones and the body will require trimming for the rims and tires and they stick out some but can only run off road or be prepared to have bald tires if you run on road with them on.
Old 03-24-2009, 06:43 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Those are great looking tires. I am going to start hopping up my Slash soon.
Old 03-24-2009, 06:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by laser_cart
The slayer has 17mm hexes so you might want to look into some buggy wheels with badland tires from proline.
Old 03-24-2009, 07:29 PM
Tech Apprentice

im pretty sure that the slayer is 14mm hexs so will they work not worried about trimming body because i put revo arms so its wider then stock
Old 03-26-2009, 03:32 PM
Tech Regular

Yeah stock the Slayer has 14mm and other person, start upgrading the Slash. Looking back on it, stock seems like nothing, with the brushless it is a beast!
Old 03-26-2009, 04:40 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I run a Sidewinder/5700 with IB 5000mah 2S 30C lipo and it's surprisingly fast. Part of that is how light it is, its very lightweight. Its the lightest RC of this size I own.

I really enjoy mine and want the beadlocks with the red rings I've seen with switch tires. Those will be better for the grass I run in most of the time.
Old 03-26-2009, 06:33 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Duster_360
I run a Sidewinder/5700 with IB 5000mah 2S 30C lipo and it's surprisingly fast. Part of that is how light it is, its very lightweight. Its the lightest RC of this size I own.

I really enjoy mine and want the beadlocks with the red rings I've seen with switch tires. Those will be better for the grass I run in most of the time.
I just got my epic bead locs and switches to day and put them on. Didnt run em yet but today in another un-named forum it was a 50/50 split about them falling apart under high speeds and having to glue them on. I hope its just cause those idiots didnt seat the beads properly. Anyone use switches with bead locs and brushless have any problems with them??????
Old 03-26-2009, 06:48 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by arcarle
I just got my epic bead locs and switches to day and put them on. Didnt run em yet but today in another un-named forum it was a 50/50 split about them falling apart under high speeds and having to glue them on. I hope its just cause those idiots didnt seat the beads properly. Anyone use switches with bead locs and brushless have any problems with them??????
One of my buddies from another forum emailed pro line and they replied by saying the epics and the switch's were tested on brushless Slash's and the guy from the other forum got a video of his BL Slash ballooning the tires with them on. I want to get them but they are a lot of money for my short budget.
Old 03-26-2009, 06:48 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Yeah, I've read something about them coming apart, but they way it was said it was the peeps putting them together that was causing probs cause they were assembling them wrong. I hoped getting them already put together was going to avoid that issue. Got to believe ProLine would know how to put them together correctly.

They guy talking about it was using that exact comment - they didn't know how to seat the bead properly. They are an expensive set of wheels and tires, but man they look good!
Old 03-26-2009, 07:44 PM
Tech Apprentice

Like I said I didnt run them today but just for curiosity sake I went and ran them with no load (rears off the ground) they ballooned plenty and no problems. I'll try them tomorrow or this weekend Bashing like crazy and see if they still hold up. Oh and BTW....Yes...they do look very nice!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.