R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 04-07-2009, 10:55 PM   #46
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TfnG View Post
now is a great time to pick up a slash and get in on the action for cheap. personally, i just ordered the SC10. but, i really dont think we should count the slash out yet. that video showed them all running really close. of course, we have no idea what motors and other parts were used on the trucks. either way, i think the SC10 will end up being faster...but will not be a total blow out like some people are thinking.
I agree, slash is not out by any means and it could be very close. But if I was racing in a CORR or 10th scale truck class, I would pick sc10 rather than a slash (which I did). But that doesn't mean there won't be a better performing scale truck from other makers.

One other note: I don't see a single traxxas vehicle for any class other than a slash class (which is traxxas only class right now).

I would like to see the video, would anyone point me the way?
verticalpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 11:27 PM   #47
MDB
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by verticalpilot View Post

One other note: I don't see a single traxxas vehicle for any class other than a slash class (which is traxxas only class right now).

I paid for the Slash, and I am going to race it. My plan is to get the ThunderTech Outlaw chassis which lowers the CG and puts the electronics in better positions and get the 17.5 BL systen with the LiPos.
Old 04-08-2009, 12:13 AM   #48
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDB View Post
I paid for the Slash, and I am going to race it. My plan is to get the ThunderTech Outlaw chassis which lowers the CG and puts the electronics in better positions and get the 17.5 BL systen with the LiPos.
Would it still be called a 'slash' with that chassis mod? Any case, I don't think it will run as well as something that was designed from a proven platform like a T4.
verticalpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 10:23 AM   #49
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

Quote:
Slash is popular no doubt, and it is a good basher truck. But that's it. I don't think anyone was serious to race a slash to anything else but other slashes. Even then the playing field is not level'ed as cheaters are very apparent (BL motors, after market parts, etc...). But that's allowed because this is a 'fun' class.

What most slash drivers bring to our track is just plain bashing. It can not be called 'racing' as they are careless in driving to go fast.

Now with sc10, the story is different. Because it is based on T4 and is more tune-able, it gives the impression that it can be competitive in racing. And so it appeals to the racers that want somewhat scale looks.
You are totally wrong. I've seen many "hardcore" racers running the Slash. It is the biggest class at every track I have been to. There are plenty of sponsored drivers that race the Slash at club races as well. People seem to have this elitist attitude about Traxxass cars that "real racers" don't run them. This is a total myth, when it comes to the Slash. CORR class racing is "bashing" by nature. Have you never seen a real CORR race before? That is the nature of the beast. You don't think that is going to be the case with the SC10?
Associated FT T4.2
blade329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 10:35 AM   #50
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by blade329 View Post
You are totally wrong. I've seen many "hardcore" racers running the Slash. It is the biggest class at every track I have been to. There are plenty of sponsored drivers that race the Slash at club races as well. People seem to have this elitist attitude about Traxxass cars that "real racers" don't run them. This is a total myth, when it comes to the Slash.
maybe it was because they didn't have any options and my guess is that this summer they will be running a SC10. you have one on the way don't you?
big.johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 11:59 AM   #51
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blade329 View Post
You are totally wrong. I've seen many "hardcore" racers running the Slash. It is the biggest class at every track I have been to. There are plenty of sponsored drivers that race the Slash at club races as well. People seem to have this elitist attitude about Traxxass cars that "real racers" don't run them. This is a total myth, when it comes to the Slash. CORR class racing is "bashing" by nature. Have you never seen a real CORR race before? That is the nature of the beast. You don't think that is going to be the case with the SC10?
+1
Some traxxas vehicles are just fun trucks but others like the Revo, slayer, slash, and revo platinum, are race trucks. Stock out of the box the slash is not very competitive but with simple tunning like shock weight and suspension tweaking it can be.
T-maxx O.S .18tm
snowboard094 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 01:21 PM   #52
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

At our track there are more Slashes than any other single class. We have guys who kick ass in truggy and buggy every week who picked up a Slash to run just becasue its fun. They arent near as serious in the Slash class as they are in their other classes because they know its just about "fun". I race it and bash it but dont see it as a serious racers class. It is what it is. Just for fun.
Losi Mini Rock Crawler
AE RC18R
TheGasman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 01:26 PM   #53
MDB
Suspended

Quote:
Would it still be called a 'slash' with that chassis mod? Any case, I don't think it will run as well as something that was designed from a proven platform like a T4.

Of course it would still be a Slash. I have seen others get new, better chassis and still use the original name of the truck. Just because you change the chassis doesn't mean it's not a Slash, just a modded Slash.
Old 04-08-2009, 02:16 PM   #54
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by big.johnson View Post
maybe it was because they didn't have any options and my guess is that this summer they will be running a SC10. you have one on the way don't you?
Yeah, my SC10 should be here today. Even if I am totally blown away with it, I wont dump my Slash. I like it too much. I'll race both.

And by the way. I want to share something with all those wannabe "racers" on these threads who think the SC10 will make them an instant champion, just because AE makes it. At the last club race I went to there was an SC8 running in the CORR class at our local track. There was a great Slash driver who ran neck and neck with the SC8 for most of the time. The SC8 barely won. With 4WD, and an AE vehicle, shouldn't he have dominated? A Slash in the hands of great driver is just as good as any other truck in the CORR class.
Associated FT T4.2
blade329 is offline   Reply With Quote