R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 04-03-2009, 02:30 PM   #31
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to y2kgtp Send a message via Yahoo to y2kgtp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightin' View Post
How many of the tracks you run on would close if they lost their ROAR-supplied insurance?? A lot I bet.

That is why I choose to put my money where my mouth is and support manufacturers that support not only our racing by building race vehicles but also are ROAR supporters and sponsor races. Without those manufacturers there would be no racing.
Can the track have ROAR insurance, and not require racers to be members? Just curious on how that works...
Old 04-03-2009, 02:38 PM   #32
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I commend you on your commitment to that lightnin, but without racers you would not have tracks either and I really think a spec class like the one the slash provides gives a good inexpensive way for people to race and compete. You can spend an infinite amount of money running the stock stc class roar has.

y2kgtp I think what you do on ebay is about one of the lowest things you could possibly do for this hobby!
huskerdually is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 02:53 PM   #33
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskerdually View Post

y2kgtp I think what you do on ebay is about one of the lowest things you could possibly do for this hobby!
How is that? Do tell your explanation....
Old 04-03-2009, 03:37 PM   #34
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Yeah, I want to hear that too.......????
Duster_360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 03:51 PM   #35
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskerdually View Post
I commend you on your commitment to that lightnin, but without racers you would not have tracks either and I really think a spec class like the one the slash provides gives a good inexpensive way for people to race and compete. You can spend an infinite amount of money running the stock stc class roar has.

Why he helps people like me, who dont have a lhs around stay in the hobby
Outlaw420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 03:58 PM   #36
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightin' View Post
You've had a burr in your butt since your wife appropriately nicknamed you PeeWee, but I don't know what that has to do with anything in this thread either.
Come on Chester,I mean Robbie,its time for some new schtick,you are beginning to get boring with the same lame comebacks.

Since when does 0=9?
Tread1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 04:06 PM   #37
Tech Elite

I part out vehicles as a very small side business, and make a few bucks to keep my own stuff running. I don't make much at this, but gives me a good excuse to order new stuff to check out all the time. My 5yr old thinks it's Xmas weekly in my office

I start 95% of all auctions at .99c, and let it ride.

Most parts I sell are about 50% the cost of buying the parts from an online store, or LHS.

Where else can you buy a complete trans, slipper, diff, diff cover, bearings for 20-30$ shipped on average? Not your LHS.

Am I taking business away from a LHS? I doubt it, else the buyers would not be looking for parts on eBay in the first place.
Old 04-03-2009, 04:17 PM   #38
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tread1 View Post
Come on Chester,I mean Robbie,its time for some new schtick,you are beginning to get boring with the same lame comebacks.
Barney, PeeWee, it's time for you to grow up and move on, you have been boring for a long time with the same lame TROLLING you do on these threads.
Lightin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 04:20 PM   #39
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kgtp View Post
Can the track have ROAR insurance, and not require racers to be members? Just curious on how that works...
To have the insurance all racers have to be members. That is why some tracks offer one-day passes for larger events.
Old 04-03-2009, 04:24 PM   #40
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

Quote:
Well, I just got a new Traxxas Slash kit in, so I figure I would un-box it, and go threw the parts. Funny, there is not a assembly manual in the box ??

At least the body is pre-painted.
It looks like some people just have too much time on their hands. What is the point of this stupid thread? A bored geek can sure cause a stir.
Associated FT T4.2
blade329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 04:26 PM   #41
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by blade329 View Post
It looks like some people just have too much time on their hands. What is the point of this stupid thread? A bored geek can sure cause a stir.
Anything with the word "Slash" causes a stir.
Old 04-03-2009, 04:51 PM   #42
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

Quote:
Anything with the word "Slash" causes a stir.
your rite
this is getting pretty damn anoying. one person having some fun and it turns into an all out war between "race trucks" and slashes. who really cares about wich truck is better. I sold all my trucks so I could have one good slash, thats what I prefer to race with.
I'm sure it will be asked,
sold 2 xxx-t's
1 b4
artr crawler
nitro buggy
Old 04-03-2009, 05:43 PM   #43
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokee View Post
Don't be so sure, their early buggies where every bit as good as anything AE or losi built....the Bullet was a very good buggy.

Winning toy car "National and World titles" might get you a rabid group of small hard core fans. But that is such a small part of the overall RC market...one that is pretty small after you take out Planes, and everything else.

I think they saw where the most money could be made and changed the way they ran the company. I doubt it had anything to do with them not being able to keep up with the Jones.

Here is a pic of an early Bullet, I know many have never seen one.

IMO, the Bullet was a POS, I owned one. Now the TX-1 on the other hand was a great handling buggy. It's only real weakness was an ugly body and the tranny. I never could get more than one weekend of racing out of them.

All racing titles are won by toys, some just cost more. F1, SCORE, CORR, NASCAR are all toys. Just like my 4x4 quad is a toy, my jet boat is a toy, and my R/Cs are toys.

The dedication, design execution, talent, and investment needed to win a National or World title is no small accomplishment. While it may not lead to huge sales in the "hey let's take my RC to the skate park crowd", it means a lot to those who race, no matter how small a percentage of the market we are.

Look at Ferrari and look at Kia. Sure Kia sells a ton more vehicles, but I know which one I would rather be driving.

After Traxxas found out the commitment necessary to compete and win those titles and then compared it to what was needed to sell bashers and the money that could be made, it was an easy decision. Once again, nothing wrong w/ that business model. But total sales are not the only measure of success.

550 Mafia.
Crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 06:52 PM   #44
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by offtraxx View Post
your rite
this is getting pretty damn anoying. one person having some fun and it turns into an all out war between "race trucks" and slashes. who really cares about wich truck is better. I sold all my trucks so I could have one good slash, thats what I prefer to race with.
I'm sure it will be asked,
sold 2 xxx-t's
1 b4
artr crawler
nitro buggy
It took 4, no, 5 trucks so you could get 1 slash?
They must have been beaters.
Old 04-03-2009, 06:59 PM   #45
MDB
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tread1 View Post
I know what you mean.