R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 04-03-2009, 12:16 PM   #16
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Whats funny is someone had to waste time stripping that thing down to take those pics????

I think many buyers would have prefered a clear body to be included when new.
Old 04-03-2009, 12:45 PM   #17
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigcheese View Post
Same crowd that's only interested in purchasing RTRs, are the same group that would never consider assembling a kit, and are the same ones too lazy to paint a body.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawler View Post
I applause Traxxas for their sales success, but their is something to be said about the rarefied air of owning multiple National and World titles and the exclusively that brings.

Traxxas saw that they couldn't compete w/ Losi and Associated in the realm of racing, so they changed course and went after the basher crowd.

Nothing wrong w/ that and they have been very successful at it. But there are different ways to be successful in the sport.
If you write them, or call them on the phone they will say, "We are not a racing company."

Enough said.
Lightin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 01:07 PM   #18
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightin' View Post
If you write them, or call them on the phone they will say, "We are not a racing company."

Enough said.
So what? People race lawn mowers, and ostriches I don't think those came from "racing companies".

I'm sorry you hate traxxas, I'm sorry they don't support you're beloved roar, I'm sorry they provided an inexpensive way for people to go rc racing.

I don't know why it bothers you so much, but it seems to me to be a great gateway into "real" rc racing with vehicles from "racing companies".
huskerdually is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 01:14 PM   #19
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskerdually View Post
So what? People race lawn mowers, and ostriches I don't think those came from "racing companies".

I'm sorry you hate traxxas, I'm sorry they don't support you're beloved roar, I'm sorry they provided an inexpensive way for people to go rc racing.

I don't know why it bothers you so much, but it seems to me to be a great gateway into "real" rc racing with vehicles from "racing companies".
RocketRob has had a burr in his butt with traxxas ever since they perma-banned his IP range on their forums.

Since when does 0=9?
Tread1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 01:16 PM   #20
Tech Addict

I'm not sure he actually is rocket robb.
huskerdually is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 01:21 PM   #21
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tread1 View Post
RocketRob has had a burr in his butt with traxxas ever since they perma-banned his IP range on their forums.
You've had a burr in your butt since your wife appropriately nicknamed you PeeWee, but I don't know what that has to do with anything in this thread either.
Old 04-03-2009, 01:28 PM   #22
Tech Regular

Quote:
I'm not sure he actually is rocket robb.

The language and tone are pretty darn close.
cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 01:36 PM   #23
Suspended

Quote:
Doesn't stop people from laughing at them either.

Quote:

I don't hate them, they're fine for what they are ~~ bashers.

But I do hate any RTR that plays itself off as a racer. My own opinion is that it can too easily frustrate people looking to getting started in the hobby, by taking a 200 truck that needs a 200 radio system to replace the stock one and you got an unhappy newby. I also have yet to see a spec class that has passed the test of time, but if you know of one I would happily listen.

ROAR supports this hobby in more ways other than just rules and big races, as there are likely the majority of tracks in this country that would not be able to run if not for their insurance coverage they provide to all affiliated tracks and clubs. The fact that traxas doesn't support ROAR in itself should be reason enough not to support traxas.
Old 04-03-2009, 01:38 PM   #24
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawler View Post
Traxxas saw that they couldn't compete w/ Losi and Associated in the realm of racing, so they changed course and went after the basher crowd.
Don't be so sure, their early buggies where every bit as good as anything AE or losi built....the Bullet was a very good buggy.

Winning toy car "National and World titles" might get you a rabid group of small hard core fans. But that is such a small part of the overall RC market...one that is pretty small after you take out Planes, and everything else.

I think they saw where the most money could be made and changed the way they ran the company. I doubt it had anything to do with them not being able to keep up with the Jones.

Here is a pic of an early Bullet, I know many have never seen one.

cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 01:38 PM   #25
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokee View Post
The language and tone are pretty darn close.
I think you sound like rocket robb
Old 04-03-2009, 01:41 PM   #26
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokee View Post
Don't be so sure, their early buggies where every bit as good as anything AE or losi built....the Bullet was a very good buggy.

FUNNY POST OF THE WEEK NOMINEE
Old 04-03-2009, 02:13 PM   #27
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to CClay1282 Send a message via Yahoo to CClay1282

It doesnt matter wether you like traxxas or not. They went the way they went. You cant say they are not succesful. They seem to be doing great. Also, dont be too hard on them, the REVO was and still is one of the best monster trucks for racing. Mine handled awesome everytime i drove it.

Do you own your own business? Probably not. People have different ways of thinking and i would say they went the right way for their company.

Team Hydra-Sharp / Leading Edge / Yardarm Marine Products

RC10T4 - FT / RC10B4 - FT / RC8 -FT - Soon to be tekno converted
CClay1282 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 02:19 PM   #28
Suspended

How many of the tracks you run on would close if they lost their ROAR-supplied insurance?? A lot I bet.

That is why I choose to put my money where my mouth is and support manufacturers that support not only our racing by building race vehicles but also are ROAR supporters and sponsor races. Without those manufacturers there would be no racing.
Old 04-03-2009, 02:21 PM   #29
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to CClay1282 Send a message via Yahoo to CClay1282

I understand your point there.

Team Hydra-Sharp / Leading Edge / Yardarm Marine Products

RC10T4 - FT / RC10B4 - FT / RC8 -FT - Soon to be tekno converted
CClay1282 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 02:26 PM   #30
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to y2kgtp Send a message via Yahoo to y2kgtp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigcheese View Post
Whats funny is someone had to waste time stripping that thing down to take those pics????

I part out vehicles for sale on eBay. Those were just photos I had from months ago that were already hosted. Took me about 3 minutes to start this thread.

It was late at night, and at the time it seemed quite amusing. It still does a little as several people thought I had an actual Slash Kit I was trying to put together.