Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Losi 8ight-E 2.0 RR vs. Associated RC8E? >

Losi 8ight-E 2.0 RR vs. Associated RC8E?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Losi 8ight-E 2.0 RR vs. Associated RC8E?

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2009, 06:20 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Losi 8ight-E 2.0 RR vs. Associated RC8E?

Question? how do people feel about the losi 8ight-E 2.0 RR vs. the new associated RC8e? cant decide and would like some thoughts from people. thanks!
Old 04-01-2009, 11:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by eraman
Question? how do people feel about the losi 8ight-E 2.0 RR vs. the new associated RC8e? cant decide and would like some thoughts from people. thanks!
I have the losi Eight E 1.0 with 2.0 parts and found it to be very stable and easy to drive. Had to work on the steering a bit to get it to turn in, but overall very satisfied.

That being said I drove a buddies rc8e with the exact same electronics as mine. Found it to have plenty of steering. The suspension felt a bit plusher with plenty of travel.

Tough call. The Losi is SAE vs the AE is metric. Parts readily available for both at my track.

In a nutshell I found the Losi needed a bit of tinkering to get it dialed. The AE was dialed out of the box.

Lastly in my experience both are durable but I have seen more parts break on the AE vs the Losi.