Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

that's what I"ve been telling everyone.. that guy is amazing
warpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005, 04:31 PM   #1127
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to OvalEvader

I'd love to see him try and pull his driving style on an American style track though

I beleive he is driving an XRay now anyway...
OvalEvader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005, 08:10 PM   #1128
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)
Send a message via AIM to W.E.D.Jim

Thats one of my favorite things about R/C racing(or any racing really) When the car we like wins, that is the best one, when a car we don't think should win, or don't own, it's all driver.

He is definatly tallented, i'll bet he'd do very well on our style tracks too after a few days of practice. Basically, imo, either you have the skillz, or you don't, regardless of the surface, but it may just be easier on some surfaces for certain drivers.

Example, Cyrul=carpet.......LOL.............

I think it takes a competitive car, set-up, tires, skill, luck, determination and things just basically have to go your way too.....no matter who you are...........The "percentages" don't play out if ANYTHING goes wrong.........Jim
W.E.D.Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005, 08:30 PM   #1129
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

IMHO I think a car is only as good as the driver. Simply put the car i think is about 20% of the equation and the driver is the other 80%. One without the other means no win.
Any Joe Shmoe can buy the best car and make it look substandard just as a top driver can take a real piece of trash and make it look good. But when the driving skills are equal then it comes down to the cars. If only a few certain cars are entered by those top end drivers then those cars are the ones you will hear about. The old saying of "What wins on Sunday , sells on Monday" is still true to this day and that is why companies hire the top drivers to promote their product. I don't think it is about what car is better to the pro but more like what company they can work well with and what kind of deal they got in the agreement.
Would Kanai be woo'ed by a bigger salary to run a Mugen?, maybe but one thing is for sure there will always be a debate as to what car is best and only the truly fastest drivers can probably give a vague answer.
Old 01-28-2005, 09:52 PM   #1130
Tech Master

HeY hEy!!!

i was at my lhs and i noticed that the 1/8 scales have droop screws and a few people said that it don't matter and that they don't use them, and i'm just wondering if you actually really do have to use them, because i know in on-road thats like one of that main things you have to do to make it work. just wondering thanx.....
JoshR 85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005, 09:55 PM   #1131
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hey guys,

New to the offroad gas scene...just picked up a used MBX5.

Question on engines....

Being that I am probably a novice OFF road guy, I think I got a pretty good price on a OS VZ B (not a V-spec) brand new for 225.00....

Decent price, or was it too much? I really don't know because I am used to paying alot more for on road engines (299 for the new .12 on road engines)

Thanks....
Old 01-28-2005, 09:59 PM   #1132
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Jeff Werner

Kansas- cool news on the new ride. 1/8 would be killer. You got some tracks in your area I bet to run it. Shoot me a pm with all the latest gossip....lol

Been kinda lookin at one but $$$ right now....lol

Jeff
Jeff Werner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005, 10:53 PM   #1133
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally posted by JoshR 85
HeY hEy!!!

i was at my lhs and i noticed that the 1/8 scales have droop screws and a few people said that it don't matter and that they don't use them, and i'm just wondering if you actually really do have to use them, because i know in on-road thats like one of that main things you have to do to make it work. just wondering thanx.....
Out of the 4 1/8 buggies I've owned, I have never even put the droop screws in the arms... In fact, most companies are using "more droop, wow!" as a selling point, so why would you wnat to limit it?

I've heard different things about limiting droop, but for the most part, the only time i would ever do it is on a track next to no bumps, and no jumps, otherwise, don't even put them in.
Old 01-28-2005, 11:07 PM   #1134
Tech Fanatic

hey guys i was just setting my needles on my ws7 II and i jammed my low speed needle. dd i just screw my carb? i hope i didnt but anybody have any ideas. its not jammed still. i got it free but it made me nervous. 600 cdn for a racing motor not even fired yet and now this.

Brushless is more fun.
plumbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005, 11:39 PM   #1135
Tech Elite

that's not good.. why did you mess with it? they vacuum adjust those from factory...
Old 01-28-2005, 11:40 PM   #1136
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally posted by warpig
that's not good.. why did you mess with it? they vacuum adjust those from factory...
No they don't...

Anyway, was the low speed needle jammed to the point where you couldn't move the needle at all, or was it just very hard to move? From the factory, Novarossi carbs have a very tight oring seal on them, and its kinda diffacult to move to needles.
Old 01-28-2005, 11:43 PM   #1137
Tech Elite

yes they do
Old 01-28-2005, 11:45 PM   #1138
Tech Adept

Quote:
yes they do
If some Italian dude with a screwdriver is "vacuum tuning" than ya, they do!

Funny how all my novarossi based carbs, no matter what engine they came on, all came with the same base settings...weird, since they're vacuum adjusted and all.
Old 01-28-2005, 11:50 PM   #1139
Tech Elite

"The RB Concept carburetors of the 3.5cc(.21) engines are set at the factory with a special vacuum measure tool before they are packed, to obtain a setting for an easy start of the engine. If you are lost with your settings we cannot ask you to send back your carburetor to set it for you, so we propose to you in this way the settings we find generally as an average setting."

http://www.rbproducts.com/mainEn.php...0.21%20engines

don't be dumb now..
Old 01-28-2005, 11:51 PM   #1140
Tech Adept

Quote:
"The RB Concept carburetors of the 3.5cc(.21) engines are set at the factory with a special vacuum measure tool before they are packed, to obtain a setting for an easy start of the engine. If you are lost with your settings we cannot ask you to send back your carburetor to set it for you, so we propose to you in this way the settings we find generally as an average setting."

http://www.rbproducts.com/mainEn.php...0.21%20engines

don't be dumb now..
Thats the mid range needle only, and since most RB engines don't have a mid range needle...