Tech Elite

Send a message via Yahoo to TambokGT

#2..........BITES
TambokGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2004, 06:55 AM   #92
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

your right rod b it is a very light car in fact i believe it may be too light

i plan to add as many heavier aluminum parts as i can (the reason i wanted a 4mm)

i have already purchased all the mugen hop-ups

on my local track it gets very bumpy and as well as the mbx5 handles it still doesnt handle these bumpy sections as well as the kanai

my belief is the heavier kanai has the advantage because its added weight helps it stay planted and let the suspension do the work

and if im wrong at least my mbx5 will be pretty
Old 01-14-2004, 12:01 AM   #93
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

The reason the Swift is doing well at Delta is the driver. Stevie is a very good driver, period. There is only one other guy currently running 1/8 that can hang with him....Chris. Yes the Swift is a good deal, but you have to take it all into consideration. It's unfair to say "the Swift is dominating at Delta" when there is only one other guy in the class that has the skillz to run the pace.
rcgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2004, 02:19 AM   #94
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to uDi_MP7.5

PTP - you tried going lighter springs and oil? or does that screw it up for other parts of the track?
uDi_MP7.5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2004, 09:22 AM   #95
Tech Elite

i tried softer springs and oil it helped some

ive also noticed mugen has come out with some new 1.9 pistons i am probably going to try

but i noticed kyosho guys are running much heavier oil and springs and still handle much better and i might be mistaken but i think the holes in the pistons are close between the 2 cars

its just a theory i have about the car

if it doesnt help any i am still left with a nice fully hopped-up car that looks cool

and its not like im getting beat badly at the track either

but i just wonder if it could be better
Old 01-14-2004, 01:37 PM   #96
Tech Elite

Send a message via Yahoo to TambokGT

I would rather play with the suspension first before spending the mulah for the bling.
TambokGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2004, 08:16 AM   #97
Tech Apprentice

Default Swift

If any of you racing the swift in delta can post what are your info/fixes to the following :

1. What is the stock shock oil wt of the Swift? What weight would you recommend (without changing piston size or springs), 60, 70 or 80?

2. Remedy to the CVJ pins since it still falls off from time to time even after putting locking adhesive.

3. Rear wheel differential outdrives getting eaten up by the dogbone pins.

4. Front, Center and Rear diff gears locking or skipping.

5. Clutch shoe and springs wear out fast.

If there are any tips, tricks, hop-ups or replacement parts (other brands) that can help make it more durable, please post.

Thank you.
asar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2004, 05:11 PM   #98
Tech Rookie

What do you guys think of Hot Bodies Lightning Pro? Im thinking about getting one this spring just to bash and ocassionally race.
thndrchckn93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2004, 07:03 PM   #99
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to uDi_MP7.5
Default Re: Swift

Last edited by uDi_MP7.5; 04-26-2012 at 07:28 AM.
uDi_MP7.5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2004, 06:20 AM   #100
Tech Elite

Default getting started

I m getting intersted in 1/8 offroad buggy. My LHS is going to open new track soon so I m planning to buy one. I don't know much about buggy. A friend of mine is selling his Kyosho MP6 with a Novarossi SB. Is this a good car and engine? Will it keep up with the MP7.5? In the mean time I m also interested in buying a new one but I don't want to spend much that's why i include a used one as an option.Can you advice which buggy is good for me? For info my LHS is selling the following buggies: ( expensive to cheapest) Kyosho MP7.5 Kanai 2
Kyosho MP 7.5 Kanai 1
Mugen MBX5
Kyosho MP6
Kyosho MP7.5 RTR
Kyosho MP7.5 Sports

Also is OS VZB a good engine?
Old 01-20-2004, 12:04 PM   #101
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Re: getting started

Quote:
Originally posted by dameetz
I m getting intersted in 1/8 offroad buggy. My LHS is going to open new track soon so I m planning to buy one. I don't know much about buggy. A friend of mine is selling his Kyosho MP6 with a Novarossi SB. Is this a good car and engine? Will it keep up with the MP7.5? In the mean time I m also interested in buying a new one but I don't want to spend much that's why i include a used one as an option.Can you advice which buggy is good for me? For info my LHS is selling the following buggies: ( expensive to cheapest) Kyosho MP7.5 Kanai 2
Kyosho MP 7.5 Kanai 1
Mugen MBX5
Kyosho MP6
Kyosho MP7.5 RTR
Kyosho MP7.5 Sports

Also is OS VZB a good engine?
looking @ your tagline leads me to think that you aren't a newby. the jp modified tells me $$$ is secondary. so with those 2 things in mind, ditch the sports & the rtr. kanai 1 - not the newest tech, but my buddy runs one and kicks ass. kanai 2 - proven and you can get 'em pretty cheap now that the kanai 3 is out. i have the mbx5 (as well as as a hyper 7 pbs & a landmax 2 which is a rally version of the 7.5), and i really like the way this buggy drives, and it builds really easily. i've really enjoyed my hyper 7, and once i've got the mugen dialed, i'll start messing with the hyper 7 again.

don't know too much about the os engines, except for what i've read and heard, so i won't comment. i've run rb engines only: c-5, ws7, ws72, & x-12. haven't been disappointed yet. however, my next engine will be a novarossi p-5 - i've heard too many good things about this engine and i'd like to see for myslef 1st hand.

that's my contribution. now, i'll let someone else chatter.
DickemDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2004, 12:09 PM   #102
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

oh yeah, one more thing. i've been into rc for while, since 1986 (mainly touring car, mainly electric) and i got interested in 1/8 scale buggy last year on a whim. less than a year later, i'm on my 3rd buggy and 3rd engine. i've put away my other toys and focused on this. hell, i'm not even snowboarding this much this season. 1/8 scale buggy is just too flippin' fun! and the power? hmmm.... 3 to 1 power to weight ratio is just too [email protected] cool!
DickemDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2004, 03:30 PM   #103
Tech Elite

if you have the money spend it on the good stuff

everytime i try to save money i end up spending twice as much when the cheap one lets me down and i finally figure its time for the good stuff

i have mbx5 with a novarossi rx21 p5 and its truely a great combination that allowed me alot of A main finishes and the season point series championship at my local track in my first full season of offroad

its super durable goes together well and handles really good

as far as the os vzb i dont like os engines as well as novarossi based engines i had a vo1b and it guzzled fuel and ran hot even blew up twice within a years time (but os did warranty it both times) ive had the p5 for a while and its still got great compression and sips fuel while having incredible bottom end power

i would pass on the mp6 its kinda out dated and im not sure but parts could be somewhat difficult to find
Old 01-21-2004, 05:32 AM   #104
Tech Elite

Thanks guys! I made up my mind now its going to be MBX5. Now engine choices, I know many of you guys will prefer the P5 but my LHS only sells OS VZB and Picco XP G1. I read the RC nitro mag bout the OS and they claim that it has lots of power but I also read it somewhere that the VZB has problem, it looses its compression quickly not even a gallon thru it. Now has anybody got experience with picco engine?
Old 01-21-2004, 11:42 AM   #105
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wagnerov Send a message via Yahoo to wagnerov

1. What is the stock shock oil wt of the Swift? What weight would you recommend (without changing piston size or springs), 60, 70 or 80?

Most drivers are using 50wt. oil from Associated to replace the stock oil, which is a little light. It really depends on the track you are running on.

2. Remedy to the CVJ pins since it still falls off from time to time even after putting locking adhesive.

Use a single setscrew, instead of the two that seem to push the CVJ pin. Get a dremel and notch the CVJ pin, if you feel it is necessary. We are testing notched-at-the-factory CVJ pins, this should solve the problem.

3. Rear wheel differential outdrives getting eaten up by the dogbone pins.

Actually, harder outdrives were tested. Unfortunately, it seems that the first batch of 1500 outdrives was made before the harder ones were tested, and put in the kits anyway. If you make them too hard, they will snap under hard acceleration or from jumping. Can UDI tell us exactly what degree treatment they need from heat? Harder outdrives are already in some of the kits, not all. Welcome to the wonderful world of manufacturing. From other (non-Chinese) companies I've talked to, this seems to be normal...and frustrating. I know for a fact that this particular problem has affected the first run of more than one 1/8 buggy...

4. Front, Center and Rear diff gears locking or skipping.

Once again, UDI told us the answer to this. Proper shimming will solve the problem, and has been addressed with the second batch of kits. Use 5mm shims of varying thicknesses, up to .1mm. Basically take the slop out between the outdrive and the diff case, and you'll be okay. We wouldn't be racing the car if it was that bad. We're testing new design bevel gears, but I don't think that's the proper answer.

5. Clutch shoe and springs wear out fast.

Materials issue again. Issues have been addressed already for the second batch. They can be replaced with Kyosho shoes, as a direct fit. Stick with composite clutches, instead of aluminum.

Last edited by wagnerov; 01-21-2004 at 11:56 AM.
wagnerov is offline   Reply With Quote