R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 11-25-2004, 12:00 PM   #931
Tech Regular

Guys what can you say about cradock brake disks? Im planning on putting them on my mbx5. I just want to know first whats your experience with it. Which one should I get the anti lock or the original round disks?
penggoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2004, 10:32 AM   #932
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by slrguy
Use either the OFNA or Mugen clutch with Mugen 1.1 springs or the heavy OFNA springs. I've used the Mugen aluminum clutch and Mugen 1.1 springs with great results but once you go aluminum the clutch bell can't be used for the standard clutches due to aluminum deposits on the inside of the clutch bell.
Really? I've used the same clutch bell w/both composite and alumium shoes w/no problems. FWIW I am running an MBX5, clutch shoes are the black Mugen ones w/heavy (silver) springs. I run at Delta, but the weather has not been cooperating lately...can't wait for the indoor arena to fire up.

I also have a brand spanking new OS V-Spec sitting in the car, waiting for break-in very soon.
Old Skool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2004, 11:26 AM   #933
Tech Rookie

Send a message via AIM to riceboy89

save yourself some cash and get into 1/10 scale stadium trucks or 1/10 scale buggies.
riceboy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2004, 01:30 PM   #934
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Riceboy, HUH!!!!

AreCee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2004, 02:13 PM   #935
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

apparently riceboy hasn't had an 1/8 scale..
warpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2004, 02:36 PM   #936
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by riceboy89
save yourself some cash and get into 1/10 scale stadium trucks or 1/10 scale buggies.
I've raced in various classes. I wouldn't say that 1/8th is that expensive, unless you're insisting on top of the range stuff.

You can get a decent, RTR 1/8th buggy suitable for club racing for around 350 these days.

Compared to 1/10th electric, if you take into account all the fancy cells, chargers, dischargers, equalizers, lathes, motors, ESC's,.......the list goes on & on, it's hardly cheap.
Horatio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2004, 02:48 PM   #937
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to OvalEvader

You can't compare a 350 dollar RTR buggy to an electric racer that would use a lathe and equalizer...
OvalEvader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2004, 02:59 PM   #938
Tech Elite

I think competitive 1/8 and competetive 1/10 setups are about the same.. I run both.. so, I know what is in both..

as for RTR.. not too much.. I suppose.. the RTR electric is lacking a battery and charger.. the RTR 1/8 pretty much comes with everything.. depending on the model.. for $550.. so, a $350 electric plus batts and charger.. who knows.. there is a big gap in cost when you compare batts and charger costs.. it could easily get to the $550 in no time.. but a RTR 1/8 scale screams... a RTR electric is a terd.. it all depends on what your after and how bad ass of a car you want..
Old 11-26-2004, 06:54 PM   #939
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally posted by Old Skool
Really? I've used the same clutch bell w/both composite and alumium shoes w/no problems. FWIW I am running an MBX5, clutch shoes are the black Mugen ones w/heavy (silver) springs. I run at Delta, but the weather has not been cooperating lately...can't wait for the indoor arena to fire up.

I also have a brand spanking new OS V-Spec sitting in the car, waiting for break-in very soon.
How do you like your V-spec. I've heard they're awesome motors!
Are you using ANODIZED aluminum clutches? The non-anodized Mugens definitely leave raw aluminum impregnated in the clutch bell if your a hard racer with a strong motor like the RB C5. After 4 weekends of racing both Sat. and Sun., the aluminum shoes are history and the inside of the clutch bell was rough with aluminum deposits creating a rough surface which needed to be cleaned up with a Dremel. I run a titanium nitride clutch bell that ideally could benefit from a cut on a lathe to bring it back to specs. I really like the way the aluminum shoes hook up and launch.
slrguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2004, 07:21 PM   #940
Tech Elite

i got the fioroni clutch from my lhs and it was kinda a pain since they had to order the flywheel

but i would bet that debbiesrcworld.com would have it in stock they have a large supply of fioroni stuff since they are a GS distributor and GS is the US fioroni distributor

im not at home now or i would post the part numbers for the clutch and flywheel

i really like it alot and plan to use them from now on in my buggies

it has a huge contact patch with the clutch bell which ought to last a long time and no little pain in the butt springs

if your aluminum clutch shoes are leaving alot of aluminum on the bell most likely they are slipping to much when engaging mine wore out and left grooves in the bell but not alot of aluminum stuck to the bell

i was reading a review of the new jammin buggy and it looks like a serious contender its going to be hard to spend the money to buy a 777 when the jammin is way more hopped up and far cheaper
Old 11-27-2004, 10:26 AM   #941
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Im in the market for a mid priced 1/8 scale buggy,Their are so many of them.. ,I plan on racing,but I really dont want/need to spend my $$$ on a 777,XR8 or a buggy in that price range.I dont think I would need a buggy of that class for club racing.I am also not sure on the suspension,Do I want C hub or piviot ball.The only experience I have with 1/8th scale is I race a HB Lightning stadium pro MT.Thats why I want an 1/8th scale.
Old 11-27-2004, 12:09 PM   #942
Tech Elite

i would look at the new jammin car or the hyper 7 cars

or i guess since your a lightening fan maybe their buggy might be a good choice

my choice would be the new jammin car it looks like a really nice car for the money
Old 11-27-2004, 01:26 PM   #943
Tech Elite

I agree.. totally.. ofna is amazing for value and quality.. as long as you choose from those two styles..
Old 11-27-2004, 02:09 PM   #944
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to OvalEvader

I've been looking at the Jammin' car as an alternative to my K3, and it seems like a good value. I havn't gotten to drive one yet, but from what I've seen, it looks like a solid buggy.
OvalEvader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2004, 07:43 PM   #945
Tech Master

Send a message via MSN to Team Duratrax

Hey look at what i found whats with the pricetag on this?
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...I=LXNY20**&P=7
You could way way way better then this for that price
Team Duratrax is offline   Reply With Quote