R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 10-03-2004, 08:49 PM   #796
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Anyone know of a big 1/8th nitro race the weekend of October 23-24 ?? Son if out of school the week before and could make a road trip..
Thank you to his sponsors Mugen, J-Concepts, The Nitro Shop, Loosenuts Racing, Savage RC Motorsports, Ford Designs.net and FTR...
Jeff Ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004, 09:26 PM   #797
Tech Adept

The OFNA Challenge is going to be held in Amarillo, Tx on that weekend.
psmart2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004, 10:46 PM   #798
Tech Regular

The sportwerks mayhem is a good buggy too!

Does anyone know anymore info in the Ofna Challenge? Pros race there? Raffles? trophies? thanks!!! Who is going to it? Any way out of towners??? Im from IL and am thinking of going.
nate johnston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 02:32 AM   #799
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by Randy Caster
I really think it's gonna be the XRay, just wanted to hear opinions on it.. I dont like pivot ball as much as C Hub suspension, so the mugen is kinda out, and Kyosho seems to be changing cars a bit lately, if it doesnt work well for me, it can always be sold

Glad to hear the RS chassis is workin well for you. I've been doin a lot of electric offroad, just won mod truck in the Summer Heat series out here, they gave me a B4 factory team kit for the win so I'm gonna be running elec buggy as well.
Those B4's are a blast! Well done on your winning one. One of my lads won the Touring Car junior champs recently and won a Yok MR4BC

My choice for the next off road season will either be a Mugen MBX5 SE or the XB8. Depending on how well the XB8 performs, I'll probably end up sticking with Mugen.

Having said that, Hudy stuff is such awesome quality I'll find it hard to believe that the XB8 will be anything other than extremely rapid on the race track. Can't wait!
Horatio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 06:30 AM   #800
Tech Master

I thought the OFNA race was that weekend but can find no info on it, anybody got a website or track info ??
Thank you to his sponsors Mugen, J-Concepts, The Nitro Shop, Loosenuts Racing, Savage RC Motorsports, Ford Designs.net and FTR...
Old 10-04-2004, 07:25 AM   #801
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Horatio
My choice for the next off road season will either be a Mugen MBX5 SE or the XB8. Depending on how well the XB8 performs, I'll probably end up sticking with Mugen.

Having said that, Hudy stuff is such awesome quality I'll find it hard to believe that the XB8 will be anything other than extremely rapid on the race track. Can't wait!
It may sound bias, but the choices will become very easy if you ever own (and built) one of Xray cars. All cars should be able to perform the same, just different quality, durability, and 'class'.. last but not least, prices
Pyramid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 10:11 AM   #802
Tech Adept

Default OFNA Challenge

http://www.westtexasrc.com/
Old 10-04-2004, 10:26 AM   #803
Tech Master

Thanks, any ideas on enytry counts or expected ?
Old 10-04-2004, 10:30 AM   #804
Tech Adept

Jeff,
Here is the Starting Grid thread.

http://www.rc-racing.com/cgi-bin/bac...howforgotten=2
Old 10-04-2004, 12:58 PM   #805
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default k3 or 777 whick one do you like better

i am looking for an 1/8th scale and was wondering which is better the k3 or the 777
bigl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 02:30 PM   #806
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TexRacer

Go the K3 hands down.
Most of the Team Drivers run a K3 or a 777 thats 80% K3 parts.
The car just doesnt perform as well as the K3 does EXPECIALLY On big jump tracks.
I have had alot of cars over the last 4 yrs and would say the biggest mistake I have made was the 777.

I would go Kyosh K3
Mugen MBX5 Pro Spec
Xray XR8
Thunder Tiger S3(impressive car).
Goodluck on your purchase and I hope you have a good time with the hobby.
Old 10-04-2004, 06:18 PM   #807
Tech Prophet

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

What engine/pipe combos would you guys suggest? Any good engines with a black head to match the car?
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 06:45 PM   #808
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

all the guys i know who switched to 777's are loving them they all agree it just turns better than the kanai's

i drive a K2 and i love it i just got it a couple months back switching from a mbx5

the K2 is better at handling rough terrain and steers better and jumps flatter

next year i will be switching to a 777 just because i will want a fresh buggy and parts for the kanai series will eventually dry up

i find it hard to believe guys are taking 777"s and putting K3 parts on them it just sounds backwards i do know a guy who used some K2 parts to speed up the assembly time of his 777 to get it ready for a race but since has finished the 777 kit and taken all K2 parts off

a good engine with a black head is the top P5 or any of the top brand engines made by novarossi

currently i am running a RB S7 2 with a jammin JP-1 pipe that has both good bottom end and incredible top end speed

most would say the OS 2050 is currently the best pipe on the market and i really like the RB engines or anything else novarossi based
Old 10-04-2004, 06:59 PM   #809
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TexRacer

Jason if you goto a BIG RACE you will see for yourself.
Factory Kyosho guys arent liking the cars but the LAST thing they would do is post that they dont.It would destroy sells.
If your at a Big Race check it out for yourself.
Almost ALL of them are running K3's or a 777 with K3 parts ALL over it to make it work.
I have had all the Kyosho cars and HATE the 777.
Good thing I didnt sell my older cars and am back to running the K3 hands down as well as the Team Drivers.

You stated the car turns better but you dont OWN one?
How can you say this if you dont know personally?Your going by hearsay.Are these guys factory drivers or locals?
I have been doing this a LONG TIME and will tell you the car DOESNT turn as well on power than the K3 and jumps like crap and will NOT come out of the hole hard.It wants to get squirly and BAD.

Now for motor's I couldnt agree with you more.
But when it comes to the actual car can we go with experience over hearsay of some locals.At least my hearsay was from some honest team drivers.Just wish they were so honest enough to post it.

I hope you guys have a good week of racing and if I can get off work I will be at the Amarillo Race.
Les
Old 10-04-2004, 07:12 PM   #810
Tech Apprentice

hi guys

what K3 parts are people putting in the 777?

cheers

kev
KyoshoKev is offline   Reply With Quote