R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 09-07-2004, 11:41 AM   #751
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by TurboAD9Mirage
btw I have the 8 port hyper motor, is that a hyper 8 motor ? or hyper 7 hmm, not too many people like those motors, wonder why.
Because they have a nasty habit of breaking prematurely. Conrods, cranks, big ends - I've seen them all break midway through the season with 6 different racers.

One chap I regularly race against broke 3 Hyper engines in about 6 weeks. He was in a National A final last Sunday with his Hyper 7 - but he was using a Nova Rossi P5 engine. It's a cracking little engine and doesn't mess him about. It seems very evenly matched against my RB WS7 engine.
Horatio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2004, 09:58 PM   #752
Tech Rookie

Default First message - Could no longer wait

I have been reading ALL the messages in this forum pretty well since it started. I am a 1/8th scale driver and am really sick and tired of the bashing that seems to go on in here.

I have had enough of the ONFA bashing in this forum, and finally HAD to respond. I have owned 3 OFNA's and head to head AND dollar to dollar, my ONFA's have come out equal to or superior to the Kanai elitist crowd.

R/C racing is supposed to be a sport for all - from kidlets to the super-elite - just as driving a fullsize car is NOT just for Rollers but also for VW and Chevy owners.

So may I politely suggest that the name of this forum might more appropriately be changed to OB&F and leave it at that.
Rotweiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2004, 09:59 PM   #753
Tech Rookie

Default First message - Could no longer wait

I have been reading ALL the messages in this forum pretty well since it started. I am a 1/8th scale driver and am really sick and tired of the bashing that seems to go on in here.

I have had enough of the ONFA bashing in this forum, and finally HAD to respond. I have owned 3 OFNA's and head to head AND dollar to dollar, my ONFA's have come out equal to or superior to the Kanai elitist crowd.

R/C racing is supposed to be a sport for all - from kidlets to the super-elite - just as driving a fullsize car is NOT just for Rollers but also for VW and Chevy owners.

So may I politely suggest that the name of this forum might more appropriately be changed to OB&KHF (OFNA bashing and Kaiai Hugging Forum) and leave it at that.

Rotweiler

(My bite is MUCH worse that my bark) :-)
Rotweiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2004, 10:07 PM   #754
Tech Regular

we heard you the first time
Old 09-07-2004, 10:08 PM   #755
Tech Initiate

Send a message via AIM to TurboAD9Mirage

uh oh...
TurboAD9Mirage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 12:15 AM   #756
Tech Initiate

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXEPH9&P=0

what u guys think of this motor in my pcr :P
lmao, sounds like fun ? of coarse not racing it.
what u guys think, thanks
Old 09-08-2004, 03:09 AM   #757
Tech Elite

Default Re: First message - Could no longer wait

Quote:
Originally posted by Rotweiler

So may I politely suggest that the name of this forum might more appropriately be changed to OB&KHF (OFNA bashing and Kaiai Hugging Forum) and leave it at that.

Rotweiler

(My bite is MUCH worse that my bark) :-)
And the point of your message is............?

There is a vast amount of very helpful information on this thread, based on racers actual experiences. Some of this will include peoples opinions, fair or otherwise.

If my comments regarding my experiences with Hyper/OFNA engines has pissed you off, well mate that's just tough - because what I mentioned isn't based on conjecture or mis-placed opinion, but bare fact - I really have seen lots of them break prematurely.

If as you say you have read the through ALL the pages here, you will not have failed to notice how many 'elitists' also sing the Hyper 7's praises. It's a great car and has been recommended on various occassions.

So cheer up for Christ's sake! If your first messages are whining ones, people may get the wrong idea. Enjoy the forum, most people here won't bash things unless they have genuine reasons. But expect the usual Mugen vs Kyosho comments, or 'Hitec are rubbish' type comments. It's all part of the fun and to be honest, it's all rather entertaining

Regards big angry dogs - HM forces train how to neutralize attack dogs. It aint pretty, but it sure is quiet!
Horatio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 04:10 AM   #758
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Default Re: First message - Could no longer wait

Quote:
Originally posted by Rotweiler

May I politely suggest that you start a forum for your much beloved OFNA's and leave it at that.

Like Horatio said, there has been many praises on this forum of OFNA's products too, most notably the Hyper 7. And if you look around there are quite a bit of whining about Kanai flaws and prices too.

Relax!

Breath in.........breath out, Breath in........
FREAKAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 06:25 AM   #759
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to corradopsi

so anyway......................................

how about some opinions on OS's new VZ-B V-spec? im picking one up for my XB8 and would like to know if anyone else is running one.
Old 09-08-2004, 05:44 PM   #760
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

rotweiler i dont get it where did you get the idea we bash ofna so much

i drive a kanai 2 used to have a mbx5 so i guess i qualify as an elitist

but repeatedly me and many others like me have recommended the hyper 7 to guys looking to get their first 1/8th

in fact a couple pages ago we recommended the hyper 7 over the kyosho 7.5 sports

clearly you can see from the comments if you read them correctly nobody has bashed the ofna cars

heck i almost sold my mbx4xr to get a hyper 7 pbs after they came out the only thing that stopped me was the release of the mbx5
Old 09-08-2004, 08:05 PM   #761
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to New Jack
Thumbs up

K Cars RULE (PERIOD). I have driven many makes of 1/8 Buggies they are all in some form or another the same! We all choose to drive something the same or different it's just a choice we make! I choose Kyosho, everybody else may be different! So stop !!!!!!! LMAO!!!!! Race what U Race & be Happy with it & if U're not Happy buy a K car (Kyosho Kanai)!

Rides: MBX7R, MBX7R ECO, MBX7T, D413, SCT 410
New Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 10:25 PM   #762
Tech Initiate

has anyone ever had experiene or seen a buggy with sirio .27 pro motor the 11 port ?
Old 09-09-2004, 10:35 AM   #763
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I think ofna ho bao cars are the shiz.. next to the X5.. they would have won the worlds with one if he wasn't 1cc over on his fuel..

I don't know where he got that idea that we don't like ofnas either.. I highly suggest them.. especially if you're looking in the RTR market..

BTW... I drive a mugen.. I don't care for the K car.. so, that kinda blows that outa the water..
warpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 03:43 PM   #764
Tech Initiate

Hey guys quick question, what u guys think of sirio .21 onroad motor, i can get one cheap 200$ new from friend, not even fired up once, is it worth to get it ? I can probably sell my 8 port hyper motor that came in the pcr buggy for around 100 bucks, so the sirio would cost me 100$, and i hear sirio is kick ass motor, specialy if i want on road .21 motor, what you guys think, thanks for any help.
Old 09-09-2004, 05:42 PM   #765
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to New Jack
I pretty much stick to O.S. Engines, my Team mate has a Sirio .21 Kanai Engine on his K3 & it's pretty good, but for the money he paid for it, I don't see it out shine my VZ-B at all! They are good engines don't get me wrong & at that price I would say go for it!

Yeah Ofna's are good for RTR's but that would be for beginners of course! Otherwise if I had to I would go with the PCR Hyper 7, but like I said if I HAD TO! I'm pretty impressed with the New Pro Version of the MBX-5, & I don't see all that much of a difference between my K3 & the New 777, so I don't believe I will be getting one of those anytime soon!

Rides: MBX7R, MBX7R ECO, MBX7T, D413, SCT 410
New Jack is offline   Reply With Quote