R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 08-31-2004, 06:20 PM   #736
Tech Regular

releasing freely is more important as you don't want your clutch dragging & stalling your engine when you brake
Old 09-01-2004, 11:09 PM   #737
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I ended up buying some washers to put behind the clutch.

Will rear universals fit on the front for the Kanai II? I bent one and I don't want to pay $40 if I can use some rear ones that are cheaper.

Also my track is very bumpy, so I have to get the ride height up but my problem is then the buggy will tip over easily. I'm running 60f 40r oil and the blue springs. I'm thinking droop is the next adjustment. But would I give it less drop, more arm travel? Otherwise it handles great, just gets tossed around too easily.
Scrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 04:40 PM   #738
Tech Regular

the rear UJ's on a 7.5 are shorter than the front ones & they will pop out when the suspension is compressed!
Old 09-05-2004, 09:59 PM   #739
Tech Initiate

Send a message via AIM to TurboAD9Mirage

Hey guys, how is the stock clutch in the hyper 7 pcr, should I get the aluminum clutch shoes ?
TurboAD9Mirage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2004, 01:13 PM   #740
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Questions About Kyosho MP6

I have a chance to buy one for a good price . My question is . will I beable to still get parts ? and do any of the parts from the newer kyosho models ( 7.5 777 etc ) work onthe Mp6 ?
Or should I go with a Hyper7 because the parts are more available and cheaper ? Thanks
Mr.Pink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2004, 02:34 PM   #741
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to DerekL

go witht he ofna.....
DerekL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2004, 07:39 PM   #742
Tech Elite

i agree go with the hyper 7 i think the mp6 parts are going to be hard to find and i bet the hyper is a better handling car anyway
Old 09-06-2004, 07:47 PM   #743
Tech Elite

you may wanna try a set of aluminum shoes they will grab harder giving you more acceleration

but i dont know what the included pcr clutch is so i dont know what im comparing it too

but with aluminum shoes comes maintenance you must periodically clean the edges on aluminum shoes or eventually they can get a groove on them that hangs the shoe up on the flywheel causing trouble

but in comparison they last much longer than plastic shoes

i currently have a fioroni turbo sliding cutch on order becasue im sick of having to do the maintenance on the aluminum shoes

now that ive switched to kyosho i am able to run my clutch bearings longer than my clutch shoes before maintenance is needed

on my mbx5 i replaced bearings so frequently it was no trouble to do the shoe maintenance now ive got 4 races on my bearings they are still great but ive had to pull the clutch apart just to clean the shoes
Old 09-06-2004, 07:58 PM   #744
Tech Adept

but how long will it be before Hyper 7 parts are hard to find .
'???
Mr.Pink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2004, 10:03 PM   #745
Tech Initiate

hey guys, im not lookin to replace the hyper motor on my pcr buggy just yet, i havent even ran full galon of fuel through it, but i bought a new driver rc magazine and saw this motor, looks and sounds like bad ass motor, its still .21 motor just like my hyper motor, would i realy notice that big of a diference, i mean the motor costs 300$ over 120$ for the hyper motor, guess im not familar with the motors, if some one could help me out thanks, this is the motor ---> http://www.osengines.com/engines/osmg2068.html
Old 09-07-2004, 04:11 AM   #746
Tech Elite

That's a nice engine. My OS engines have always lasted very well, but the premium nature of OS engines always comes at a price.

If you were to put 2 correctly built Hyper 7s side by side, one with a Hyper 8 port and another with a $300 engine, then start a 75 yard drag race - you'ld clearly see a 'small' advantage with the aftermarket engine.

However, on an actual track - this small straight line advantage is only going to equate to faster times if the driver is able to consistently put in error-free laps. Even minor mistakes will soon cancel out any slight straight line advantage available.

This is why it is usually the best driven buggy that wins, not the most powerful.

Having said all that, I'm a firm believer of buying the best you can afford - quality pays for itself IMO. I'm not a fan of Hyper engines and make it no secret, much as I love Hyper 7 cars. What you always get when you buy a top line engine, regardless of your racing skill, is full-on race potential, better quality components, longer life and more reliable tuning.
Horatio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2004, 04:34 AM   #747
Tech Initiate

I see, well i dont race, closest track from me is like one hour drive, so getin a motor like taht probably be a waste for me, id probably get something else more for speed , rather then consistency of laps, hmm duno thanks, ill pick something by the end of the century lol, thanks again
Old 09-07-2004, 04:36 AM   #748
Tech Initiate

btw I have the 8 port hyper motor, is that a hyper 8 motor ? or hyper 7 hmm, not too many people like those motors, wonder why.
Old 09-07-2004, 05:00 AM   #749
Tech Elite

If you're just bashing with your car, try a quality outlaw motor. Nova Rossi do really nice .28 8 port engines!!!

What I was saying earlier is that YOU have to put in the consistent laps to take advantage of the aftermarket engine's extra power and improve your times. The engine doesn't do it for you. Otherwise you'ld notice no improvement on the track - infact you may actually put in worse times if you can't control the extra power!
Horatio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2004, 10:01 AM   #750
Tech Initiate

ahh ok, i see what your sayin, so i should look into a .28 engine, jikes, sounds big hehe. thanks