R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 07-31-2004, 09:14 PM   #646
Tech Regular

got the lx ultra comp myself pretty nice....had to do few upgrades.
steer servo ,futaba 3pdf,063 pipe.outta rhe box steer setup sucked...but 1/2 gallon later 7 tanks break in.... she's pretty quick running cool still tuning
UDI>>>>>
hey man don't know stock weight new to 1/8 scale sounds like you got the diff's down.....i don't race right now no time
but would like to know some more about diff config. I think I'd like to try out putting traction to the front what weights would you recommend i start the diff's at?>thanks
yuckfoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2004, 06:10 PM   #647
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

udi i gotta disagree with the guy who told you the rest of the pipe seemed like any other it seems quite a bit thicker than any other pipe ive seen including the 2050

overall i would say it weighs about 2 times as much as any other 1/8th pipe ive used

ive seen the 2050 dent its not easy or normal but possible

i also have a small dent in the side of the jammin pipe but it is really small and insignificant

the 2050 is a great pipe but like you mentioned the price is high also

they are also comming out with a hard anodized version of the jammin pipe got that on my wish list for my future 777

tony montana the number is 01004-s7 and its a S7II from what ive been told its the same as the old ws7 it cost me $230

not going to even try and get that rc10gt going untill probably oct since i will be racing 1/8th untill late november the last race of the season for me will probably be the DRCW end of year trophy race so i wont be in indoor mode untill december anyhow
Old 08-11-2004, 01:17 PM   #648
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Default Does anyone in hear know if you can use the K2-K3

chassis stiffners on the 777
TonyWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2004, 02:49 PM   #649
Tech Elite

Anyone here seen the the Xray 1/8th buggy?

From what I've seen, I'm pretty damned impressed. I reckon it's going to be the car to beat. Xray quality certainly speaks volumes.

I can't wait to see this thing perform. I gather that the suspension has various presets so that it can be adjusted in various ways without having to remove clips or take anything apart. Very neat.

I spoke to someone who works for the distributor of the Hot Bodies Lightening and also Hudy/Xray stuff in the UK - he's holding off driving the HB buggy and is going to wait for the Xray 1/8th buggy instead.........IMO that says it all really!!

This leaves me with something of a dilema - MBX5 SE or the new Xray XB8 next year? What do you guys think?
Horatio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004, 05:26 AM   #650
Tech Initiate

Send a message via AIM to TurboAD9Mirage

Hey guys, I curently own a T-max, with fantom motor and sirio pipe, loving it, made it rwd, its insane, but im looking for more handling and more speed, looking to get a buggy. I went to the store other day, and guy recomended me OFNA Ultra LX Competition, 320$ after taxes, and he told me some 21 motor I can get for it, and resell the stock .26 motor. I dont know much about bugys, just started doing my research. I want a fast one, 55-60mph atleast, whats my best bet. ? anyideas, they have the Inferno little brother version 450$ , the normal 7.5 not the one in the RC magazines for 800$, I kinda need help choosing one. Thanks for any help
TurboAD9Mirage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004, 06:27 AM   #651
Tech Elite

If you're after straightline speed, you're going to need a decent engine. None of the RTR type engines are going to get you anywhere near 60mph.

If you're on a budget (it sounds like you're cost conscious) what you need is a second hand buggy to keep costs down - pretty much any tidy OFNA/Hyper/Mugen/Kyosho/GS will do, then bolt in a NEW, no compromise 7 or 8 port engine. The engine will probably cost more than your car - but you're after straightline speed, right?! Picco, Nova Rossi, RB all make engines that will produce more than enough horses. The RB C5 springs to mind for good top end. I'd avoid the Hyper 8 port engines though - tempting though they may seem on paper.

I reckon you'll be good for at least 50mph on a single speed gearbox.

Just make sure you use good radio equipment too - high powered IC buggies and cheapo radios don't mix. Otherwise it will all end in tears.
Horatio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004, 06:39 AM   #652
Tech Master

Default Re: Does anyone in hear know if you can use the K2-K3

Quote:
Originally posted by TonyWest
chassis stiffners on the 777
only the rear torque rod
T-shirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004, 07:48 AM   #653
Tech Elite

Default Thank

It looks like the Xray car is out over seas. I found it for $606 shipped to me. Too bad its too late in the season to get a new car.
Old 08-12-2004, 09:14 AM   #654
Tech Elite

Default X-Ray vs. 777

In my opinion these are the two cars to choose from. All the others have some issues in workmanship or something.

I am about to purchase one or the other.

I am sure the 777 will handle any track and probally has no issues. For the cost the X ray car seems to be the best bacng for your buck. But it is not race proven. Does anyone out there know where there is any information about the car being track tested and doing well at a national or even club level. $600 is still alot to fork out on a car with unknown performance.
Old 08-12-2004, 09:40 AM   #655
Tech Initiate

I thought they all go 50 out of box, hmm
Old 08-12-2004, 09:43 AM   #656
Tech Initiate

maybe I should just get Inferno 7.5 rtr, one I saw white/blue mess around with it, and get even nicer motor for it, hm, im sure it comes with decent 21 motor,i was told it goes 50mph out the box, then that Ultra LX comp with 26 goes 50mph too with biger motor, so im confused what the hell is goin on hehe. I see noticed that the most popular choice is 21 motor for the buggy that ppl use, not sure why, still learning... thanks guys
Old 08-12-2004, 09:52 AM   #657
Tech Initiate

see this is the thing, I own a tmax, it was awd at first then I broke drive shaft joint, made it rwd to see how it is. It has Fr18 motor, sirio pipe, pull start, some nice weight reduction, the truck haulz ass, im begining to notice im geitn my self into road/gravel racing , I don tgo hardcore affroading, If I knew at first Id start off with buggy. I still want to go offroading and still be able to handle, better then a monster truck. So im lookin around for buggy, there is so many, at store near me they have Inferno 7.5 rtr, Ultra LX comp, and I think some kinda Mugen thats 500$, its not pull start, its that funky push start, not familiar with that yet., guy told me its new, not too many parts available, that i should stay with Ultra LX comp and just put nice 21 motor on it, and itl fly, eat my truck alive.... what u guys think im looking for hm, thanks, sorry for all this blabing
Old 08-12-2004, 09:53 AM   #658
Tech Elite

Default .21 are the size we race with

All those other motors are for funsters. If you are running on the street which from your post about MPH I would just get a RTR ofna and put a two speed transmission in it.

Whenever a spectator approaches me they always have two questions. How fast does it go and do you win money.
Funny because what concerns me is lap times.
Old 08-12-2004, 09:59 AM   #659
Tech Initiate

ahh I see, well I not gona race it, I might take it to the tracks and see how that is, but mostly its for the funs on street.
Old 08-12-2004, 11:31 AM   #660
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

If the guy at your shop is saying the Mugen is new and get the LX Comp then you may want to see if there is another local shop...

The LX Comop is a recently updated Ofna buggy whereas the MUGEN MBX5 has been around for over a year..

There is plenty of parts support for Mugen as well. If he is listing the Mugen at $500 then he isn't making much on it...he may be pointing you at the OFNA as it gives him a better profit margin.

The Ofna is a nice RTR entry level buggy....the MBX5, Kyosho Kanai or 777 series, Xray XB8, OFNA Hyper 7 Pror series are top-level race calibre machines....

The hottest highest performance engines use starter boxes not pull-starts and once you use a starter box yoou'll never want to use a pull-start again
ChrisP is offline   Reply With Quote