R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 06-29-2004, 07:24 AM   #601
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

udi the plastic gear you stripped is the same as the plastic gear in the plastic gear set for 94102 or some other cheap servo

you can buy the bag of them for aprox $5 take the gear you need and toss the rest

i have already done this with one of mine

your right about hitec servo gears they are probably the strongest too bad the elctronics screw up all the time
Old 06-29-2004, 07:38 AM   #602
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to uDi_MP7.5

thanks man, I saw that on tower, but like i said i screwed the 9451 beyond useability because i was being a retard.

I gotta buy a new servo now, and its either another 9451 or a 9350.

And im wondering if i can find a cheap plastic gearset to get the 9350's gear out of as well, because i couldnt find anything like that for it.
uDi_MP7.5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 07:49 AM   #603
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to KINGZJ

UDi you can buy anything from Tower Hobbies having to do with futaba without a problem. I have been racing 1/8 1-2 times a week for the last 2 years with these servo's (9350) without issue. The only time I had problems was when I installed a different brand servo in my car last year at the Kyosho challenge.

I think you need to look more at the details of the 7.5 series. The K1 and K2 are much closer than the K2 and K3. The only main difference in the K1 and K2 is shock shaft dia. and a 3 shoe clutch. THe K3 offers new suspension geometry.
KINGZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 08:08 AM   #604
Tech Elite

kingzj i found a deal on a K2 nib i couldnt refuse

k2 nib with racers edge braces and premounted tires for $484 including 2nd day shipping and insurance

so ive got some extra money to spend on hop-up parts

ive already decided to get a hex screw set and the racers edge machined hubs

any other suggestions??

servos will be ordered as soon as people pay up from my ebay auctions i made alot of money
Old 06-29-2004, 01:11 PM   #605
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to KINGZJ

Don't get a stainless screw kit. They look nice but they are not all that strong in the hex part they strip easy. I would recomend going to the hardware store and get (black) hex screws they hold up very well. You don't need to replace all the screws but do replace all the ones on the bottom of the chassis they are the most important and replace the ones that hold the diff cases to gether and the bulkheads. all the other ones are fine.

Get some kyosho option brakes discs the fibre ones or get cradock disks the metal one and pads fad quickly and if they get fuel on them they really slip. I would get some bearings from Avid (advertised on this site) the stock kyosho bearings are nice but they are shielded instead of sealed and I feel they do not hold up to cleaning very well.

Buy the K-factory hinge pin set off of towers site it is well worth the money its not needed but you will save on worn parts in the long run.
KINGZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 03:21 PM   #606
Tech Elite

thanks for the advice

1 question the kfactory hinge pins are better how??
Old 06-29-2004, 04:30 PM   #607
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to OvalEvader

They're captured, they use a bolt, so no e-clips.
OvalEvader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 10:55 PM   #608
Tech Adept

KIMCOM RACING Driver #1
RC8B : REEDY 121 : Nitro-X fuel : Spektrum Radios
gkp5569 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 03:16 AM   #609
Tech Regular

KINGZJ - I couldn't find the plastic gear for 9350 anywhere. My worry is that there isn't one in existance, Futaba don't seem to sell the plastic gears for their servos seperately.

The only reason you can get it for the 9451 is because another plastic geared servo runs the same gear.

Oh well. I'm ordering the 9350 now. I hope to god I won't strip it.

PTP - I run the K-factory pins too, they are pretty decent, but no real need - the only advantage is that they have no e-clips, and because they are held in place tightly, you won't wear out your hingepin holders.

But IMO they are a pain when it comes to maintainance as you have to remove the whole bulkhead from the chassis to undo the pins etc etc. No big deal either way imo.

Im with kingz on the screws, get the black steel ones, noticeably stronger than stainless. Also it's good to run machine screws for the bulkheads, as the stock wood screws back out easily.

Probably the same story for the diff cases, but I haven't had a diff case screw back out on me yet.
Old 07-01-2004, 12:27 AM   #610
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

What is the hardest clutch spring what would fit a K2 3 shoe? My engine doesn't have the bottem end so I need it to engage later. Also could you drill a hole to lighten or add weight to 3 shoe pads? I know you can on 2 shoe ones.
Scrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004, 01:16 AM   #611
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally posted by Scrad
What is the hardest clutch spring what would fit a K2 3 shoe? My engine doesn't have the bottem end so I need it to engage later. Also could you drill a hole to lighten or add weight to 3 shoe pads? I know you can on 2 shoe ones.

You can try Mugen MBX-4XR hardest clutch spring or GS Storm hardest clutch spring it's more harder that The K2 ones.....
spyspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004, 01:39 AM   #612
Tech Regular

Nup I tried the Mugen ones and was pretty dissapointed, the metal is crap compared to the Kyosho's. You like bend the spring and it like stays like that, the Kyosho's seemed to spring back a little better.

Not sure about the GS ones, I run a set of Kyosho 1.1's now with some lightened ally shoes and they work great.
Old 07-01-2004, 03:08 AM   #613
Tech Elite

I got my shiny new 3vc last night.............

Hmmmmmmmmm.

Once I read the 'bible' that came with it, I might even be able to get it to do something!!
Horatio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004, 07:44 AM   #614
Tech Elite

i think i had a set of ofna 1.2 springs once they were gold if i remember it right

used them on my ofna picco 0-1 comp engine
Old 07-01-2004, 02:43 PM   #615
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Well I think I'm going to have to get a new engine. I was running my car in the parking lot getting it tuned and the thing took off. My failsafe wouldn't kick in. Luckly it hit a board and slowed it down, but it broke an arm and a shock shaft. Almost went into the river. Now the engine won't start. I took the engine off the car and turn it over and I can hear the air bleed off somewhere. The head and plug are tight. What could it be. Like I said it was at WOT for a close to a minute, before I could get to it. Probably stretched the rod or something. Sucks only had about 15 tanks at most through the thing.

Anyways what is a good competiton engine. I want one that is tuned easily and you don't have to mess with it much. I doesn't have to be super fast, just reliable. I was thinking of getting an O.S., because they have always been good to me in 1/10th scale.
Scrad is offline   Reply With Quote