R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 06-23-2004, 07:49 PM   #556
Tech Adept

Default Kyosho Inferno MP 777 Special Edition

Has anyone heard what the newest Inferno all about?
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXHEB3&P=0
pablo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 08:11 PM   #557
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to GReddy

will the mbx-5 fit a pull start?
GReddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 08:22 PM   #558
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

i will open up the reciever and clean it out with compressed air sounds like worthwhile advise especially considering its already been removed from the car

but while i was removing the electronics from it (to sell it on ebay) i found the wires from the battery pack were shorted i dont know how i finished when i removed the pack there was sparks shooting off the wires

mbx5 should have plenty of room for a pullstart

i have seen lots of guys using those new .21+ size engines and they seem pretty fast and i dont hear any complaining

IMO bigger displacement = easier tuning also

the hoboa is the hyper 7 correct? seems like a good buggy to me if you go back a little in this thread you will find plenty of praises for the hyper 7 and hyper 7 pbs

are they as good as mbx5 and kanai well im not sure but they are definetly close enough we could have a good arguement about it
Old 06-23-2004, 08:30 PM   #559
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to OvalEvader

Pablo1 - Check www.neo-buggy.net . Lots of info on the new buggy there.

Greddy - No, the MBX5 cannot fit a pullstart. If you already have a pullstart engine, your best bet is to try and track down the parts to make it non pullstart.
OvalEvader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 09:20 PM   #560
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to KINGZJ

I run a Hobao/ofna hyper 7 it is a great buggy. For parts and number try www.nitrohouse.com nitrohouse is part of Ofna they are in the same building. Give them a call and they are great help.
KINGZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 10:26 PM   #561
Tech Elite

i just put all my stuff on ebay

would you beleive someone bought my mini-T within 5 minutes of starting that auction

i can only hope the rest of my stuff sells so well

if it does not only will i buy them servos you recommended i will buy a 3rd for a spare

**keep the language in check, we have kids here**

Last edited by Aaron Waldron; 06-24-2004 at 01:02 AM.
PTP Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 12:30 AM   #562
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to uDi_MP7.5

Quote:
Originally posted by KINGZJ
With digital servo's from what I have been told the biggest failure is the amps. They simply overheat and cannot handle the vibrations. The problem is fixed with a alum heat sink case and using gromets to mount your servo. Digital servos get hot and need to be cooled. If you are using a standard digital you will have premature problems if it doesn't get cooled well enough. The trottle servo works hard and gets allot of radiant heat from the engine witch is not good. Adding a heat shield (alum tape) can also be a big help. Trust me when I say I have tried allot of things with servo's. It kills me to go out of a race early with an equip. failure.
Are you sure that the heatsink makes such a big difference and that they get that hot? The ambient temps here aren't incredibly high either...

I've got two 9451's right now, which is pretty similar to the 9350 minus the heatsink setup. A friend offered to take a 9451 off my hands so im debating whether to get a 9350 or just keep my 451.

So far i've had zero problems with them by the way... but i AM also looking for a VALID reason so i can go out and get the 9350 lol!!!

pablo1 - i'll say it before anyone else does. Another kyosho buggy. A couple of insignificant changes. A huge new pricetag.

If you've already got a decent buggy there'd be little point in upgrading. If you're looking to buy afresh, and have a lot of money, like any Kyosho it will be a fine piece of gear... but there are plenty of cheaper options that would do the job just as well.
uDi_MP7.5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 01:20 AM   #563
Tech Fanatic

Thanks Everyone!
MOTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 08:27 AM   #564
Tech Regular

Default Which OFNA

I'm looking into getting a OFNA buggy, but with all the models aviable, it's really confusing.

I'm looking for a Pro competition model.

For those who are runs AE, it's the Feactory Team kit I'm looking for.

On the website under 'PRO KITS"
I see:
HYPER 7 PCR PRO
OFNA 9.5 PRO
HYPER 7 PRO

Can anyone explain the differences between the 3. And what the World Championship OFNA racers runs.

Thanks
Jasonchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 08:34 AM   #565
Tech Elite

if i were you i would get the hyper 7 paul coleman pbs

take the 9.5 off the list ive never heard anything good about them

and i havent heard anyone using a hyper 7 pro since the pbs version came out

the closest to a factory team kit would probably be the hyper 7 pro but like i said the pbs seems to be the more popular at this point

but really if your looking for a factory quality ride maybe the mbx5 and kanai are more your style

hyper 7s are good but not sure the quality is as high as the others
Old 06-24-2004, 09:12 AM   #566
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I finally got to race my Kania yesterday. Had some clutch problems. So the engine wouldn't run right. Put a 3 shoe in and it was much better. My only problem is that after about 5 laps the car gets sluggish on the lowend till it hits mid range. I think the engine is over heating a bit. I just don't know if I should richen the low end or the high end to compinsate. The highend seems rich as it. Any suggestions.

Also what kinda maintenance are you dong and in what intervals. I'm new to 8th scale, so I don't know what I should be checking.
Scrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 09:17 AM   #567
Tech Elite

kingzj how sure are you the 9350 is the best servo to have?

at $100 a piece thats a pretty good deal and if you get 2 there are 192.50 plus i got a coupon for $20 off like you said

but i want them to last a long long time

does it have a plastic gear inside? can you replace it i mean is the part available? have you ever stripped 1? how long have you used them without failure?

and 1 more question i have 2 dead 9451s and a reciever that needs a new antenna do you know futabas service center info so i can send this stuff in for repair?

i almost forgot to mention upon disassembling the buggy to put on ebay i found the reciever pack wires were shorting together and sparks were shooting off the wires maybe the hitec servo from the A main wasnt the problem im guessing it just took longer to comeback online after shorting than the airtronics 357 servo i used for steering making me think it was defective
Old 06-24-2004, 09:26 AM   #568
Tech Elite

I can see the Hobao Hyper 7 Pro UK Team putting Hobao firmly in the 'Full Price' class soon. By 2005, I can't see Hobao being looked at as a budget manufacturer any longer, though I imagine they will produce 'budget spec' versions of their cars.

The UK pro team spec buggy is simply awesome. Neal Cragg won with it first time out against all the 'big boys'. Remember - Neal is new to rallycross, although undeniably an awesome driver, perhaps one of our best hopes at the 1/10th offroad worlds having just won the Euros.

Spec Check:

7075 CNC 4mm Lightweight milled chassis

7075 CNC 5mm Milled Shock Towers!!

Laydown WFC Radio Tray (throttle and steering servos are laydown!!)

Hard anodised everything

Quad brakes

Torsen front diff

6 spider center and rear diffs

Front and rear UJ's

Full range of anti rollbars, toe in plates, springs all included

Front and rear alloy hub carriers

I don't know how this compares to the Hobao stuff you get in the States, but by my book it's pretty darned impressive. This costs less than the standard MBX5, BTW. And it's an arm and a leg cheaper than the new Kanai.
Horatio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 09:28 AM   #569
Tech Elite

usually if an engine starts out OK then goes south the settings are too lean richen the bottom end way up then start tuning the high end only when the high is set properly can the bottom end be tuned properly

i usually rebuild my diffs and shocks every few races or before every big race

i had a mbx5 and it ate clutch bearings frequently so i would change them before each main (a real pain when i gotta bump)

clutches should be checked frequently and i learned the hard way worn out shoes need to be replaced or the springs will probably break

most of the maintenance though is cleaning the cleaner the better most guys use compressed air to clean as much as possible between rounds and disassemble and clean between races

on my new buggy im going to use a trick i learned last year spraying the car with pam cooking spray the dirt has a really hard time sticking so it blows right off and im going to try and find some laminate to cover my chassis
Old 06-24-2004, 09:40 AM   #570
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by Scrad
I finally got to race my Kania yesterday. Had some clutch problems. So the engine wouldn't run right. Put a 3 shoe in and it was much better. My only problem is that after about 5 laps the car gets sluggish on the lowend till it hits mid range. I think the engine is over heating a bit. I just don't know if I should richen the low end or the high end to compinsate. The highend seems rich as it. Any suggestions.

Also what kinda maintenance are you dong and in what intervals. I'm new to 8th scale, so I don't know what I should be checking.
If the engine is still new and tight, it shouldn't do it any harm running it a little on the rich side, so long as you can live with it being sluggish. It's a wise precaution.

If you are certain that your engine is overheating, you may need richen the top end a little more. If the car is sluggish off the line, perhaps the idle will should be leaned out a little to give you better throttle response. Just make sure that you can see a healthy, misty blue exhaust plume. As the engine loosens up, then you can lean it out to make optimum power. It may help for you to take temp readings (aim the temp gun at the glow plug). If it's over 300, then you need to be very carefull.

Clutch bearings should be replaced after every meeting. Replace the springs when you replace the shoes.

Every few months I do the shock oil. Same for the Diffs. Other than that, 1/8th buggies are pretty much low maintenance. Just a case of keeping it clean - not too taxing, but still a chore none the less!

Good luck!
Horatio is offline   Reply With Quote