R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 05-03-2004, 12:04 PM   #406
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Is the 9.5 Violator a good buggy, or is that one of the crappy Ofna's. Otherwise I was seriously looking at the new Sportwerks Pro ARR for a new buggy.
Scrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2004, 02:25 PM   #407
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Scrad, I had the 9.5 RTR and loved it for bashing, never broke a thing on it. Regretfully sold it in favor of electric off-road, but have seen the light again. The 9.5 violator looks to be even better with the wider arms, especially with the included starting system. If your going to race then maybe a Hyper 7 is the one you need to look at. I'm going to be make a decision soon about a new buggy and I wont hesitate to get another ofna, there buggy's are darn good these days and parts support isnt an issue.
hobbipro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2004, 04:30 PM   #408
Tech Elite

The Sportwerks Mayhem is going to be good..the Horizon guys have been working on it for a while, and it looks very promising.
Old 05-03-2004, 07:21 PM   #409
Tech Master

I've got one on order, but it won't be in till late this month.
Old 05-03-2004, 08:08 PM   #410
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

they do look nice... I don't think I'll be the first to go grab one though... I'll wait and check out the feedback.. I love my X5
warpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2004, 10:05 PM   #411
Tech Master

Actually my buddy talked me into buying his Kanai tonight. It's only about 3 races old. Plus new body, brand new chassis, chassis stiffers, a 3 shoe and 2 shoe clutch, and some other stuff for $350. Is that a good deal?

I'm looking for an engine, preferabley a knock off or something in the $180 price range.
Old 05-03-2004, 10:57 PM   #412
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to buboy28 Send a message via Yahoo to buboy28
NEW KANAI

guys, anybody seen the kyosho homepage (japanese version) there's a picture or sort of a film clip which says a NEW BUGGY. is that a new kanai or a kanai3 which has tons of hop-ups? i think they will be showing it at the shizuka hobby show
buboy28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2004, 11:02 PM   #413

What do you guys think of the 7.5 sports? any good? or the ho bao hyper7 kit that comes with the hyper 21? which one is best? or are they both crapola?
cossieboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2004, 03:45 AM   #414
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by cossieboi
What do you guys think of the 7.5 sports? any good? or the ho bao hyper7 kit that comes with the hyper 21? which one is best? or are they both crapola?
Hasn't this already been answered further up the page?
Horatio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2004, 04:09 AM   #415
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by PTP Racing
i think there are better cheap choices than the 7.5 sports rtr i think the hyper 7 pbs is a great deal and the swift and lightning buggys also

the hyper 7 paul coleman edition comes with alot of great stuff in a pretty darn affordable rtr package

if racing is in your future long term going with a competiton buggy from the beginning may be the cheapest long term my suggestion in this case would be mbx5 or the original 7.5 like those others recommended

spending more up front will yeild the cheapest overall results though

my first 1/8th was a storm rtr and after i realized it wasnt competitive i had to upgrade to a serious car costing me alot more than if i had done it right the first time

anyone heard anything about a new design kyosho buggy for next year???
Cossieboi:

There have been numerous comprehensive answers. Please don't ignore the people who take the time to answer you.

At the end of the day, different people will suggest different cars; Mugen, Kyosho, Ho Bao Hyper 7's are all good cars. There are new cars entering the scene all the time - some will fall by the wayside, others could do really well. Only time will tell. The best thing you could do is visit a race track and actually watch the cars race. You'll get to witness first hand how well the cars work and what they're like to live with. Work out what your budget is. Than choose accordingly. Food for thought: My MBX4 RR is over 5 years old and still beats virtually all the other NEW buggies at my club (on grass).
Old 05-04-2004, 04:13 AM   #416

not ignored horratio, forgotten, forgive me i do not appear to have your infallability, for we were all as fortunate o thy cranium as thou horratio, a must forum be not, next time you get out of bed on the wrong side try a punching bag pal
cossieboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2004, 04:19 AM   #417
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to uDi_MP7.5
Default Re: NEW KANAI

Quote:
Originally posted by buboy28
guys, anybody seen the kyosho homepage (japanese version) there's a picture or sort of a film clip which says a NEW BUGGY. is that a new kanai or a kanai3 which has tons of hop-ups? i think they will be showing it at the shizuka hobby show
http://www.kyosho.co.jp/topics/new/buggy/20040408.html

not sure if that is the final release version, but that is about what the next one will be like. (well, i think so anyway)
It will be titled MP777 (imo that sounds really gay, but oh well)

Notice new arms, upper arms, stinger protector (x5 style), new towers, new bumper, and supposed to have 4mm shockshafts. List goes on.

cossieboi - horatio's wasn't a big ask, it helps keeps the thread clean when the same question doesn't get asked a million times over. Especially by the same user on the same two pages. Take the time to go back and read what was said, and your question is answered.
uDi_MP7.5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2004, 04:37 AM   #418
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by cossieboi
not ignored horratio, forgotten, forgive me i do not appear to have your infallability, for we were all as fortunate o thy cranium as thou horratio, a must forum be not, next time you get out of bed on the wrong side try a punching bag pal

Seriously though, I'm not in a bad mood - I'm like this all the time Regards the punch bag - unless you hear the sound of cracking skull, where's the pleasure in punching?

Mr Infallible.
Old 05-04-2004, 04:47 AM   #419
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to buboy28 Send a message via Yahoo to buboy28
Arrow Re: Re: NEW KANAI

Quote:
Originally posted by uDi_MP7.5

not sure if that is the final release version, but that is about what the next one will be like. (well, i think so anyway)

Notice new arms, upper arms, stinger protector (x5 style), new towers, new bumper, and supposed to have 4mm shockshafts. List goes on.

cossieboi - horatio's wasn't a big ask, it helps keeps the thread clean when the same question doesn't get asked a million times over. Especially by the same user on the same two pages. Take the time to go back and read what was said, and your question is answered.
thanks uDi, the only thing that kyosho forgot maybe are the layback steering and throtle servo suggested title should be MP 7.77
buboy28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2004, 04:58 AM   #420
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: NEW KANAI

Quote:
Originally posted by uDi_MP7.5

uDi_MP7.5:

Looks like Kyosho world domination is set to continue then. It looks good doesn't it. I like the idea of 4mm Shockshafts. I wonder if the new shocks will also have a higher volume too?

My next car will probably be an X5. But these Kyosho's are mighty tempting, it's just a shame they're so damned expensive.