R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 04-29-2004, 08:15 PM   #391
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to uDi_MP7.5

cossieboi - the hyper7's don't really have any quality issues, it's the hongnor side of ofna you have to be a little wary of. The hobao stuff is great, I doubt you'd be dissapointed.

whereabouts in aus are you?
uDi_MP7.5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 08:16 PM   #392

im in wollongong, was just remembering some earlier offerings from ofna that were a bit suspect.
cossieboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 03:47 AM   #393

hey guys, is there any difference between the hyper 7 and the Ofna 9.5? if so which one is better?
Old 04-30-2004, 03:54 AM   #394
Tech Regular

The 9.5's made by hongnor, the hyper7's better.
Old 04-30-2004, 03:56 AM   #395

thanks dude, i picked up a rex 21 so i just need to get a buggy now, lookin like a hyper 7, can get one for about US$435 shipped, sounds like an alrite deal
Old 04-30-2004, 07:50 AM   #396
Tech Elite

Hung Nor and the guys from Jammin' have been working on a replacement for the 9.5 for quite some time now..I believe the production version will be tested and possibly released before the end of the year.
Old 04-30-2004, 10:17 AM   #397
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by cossieboi
thanks dude, i picked up a rex 21 so i just need to get a buggy now, lookin like a hyper 7, can get one for about US$435 shipped, sounds like an alrite deal
You can't really go wrong with the Hyper 7. The car already has some decent team drivers behind it. It has had numerous revisions, including the driveshafts that were 'problematic' in the early days. So, no such problems now!!

From what I've seen, it's as good as anything out there in terms of performance - so go for it! Bear in mind I'm a Mugen driver, so I am not biased towards the Hyper 7 in any way - I'm just being straight out honest.
Horatio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 07:06 PM   #398
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

i am also a proud mbx5 owner (at least most of the time)

had a bad weekend racing last time out for the first time in years i was in the C at a club race and didnt even finish when my shock shaft broke

thats why i am a little disappointed last season i was the tracks point series winner with no finishes outside the A main for the entire season

shouldnt blame my buggy though it wasnt the one who didnt get there on time, practice, or properly tune its motor but you know it couldnt possibly be my fault right???

next week i am going to go practice as soon as i fix my poor broken buggy so at the next race i can redeem myself (hopefully)

but cant help notice even with the new machined chassis braces our mbx5s have alot more chassis flex than the k-cars also cant help but wonder how good the new k-car might be
Old 04-30-2004, 08:28 PM   #399
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I personally think the flex is a good thing.. have you ever wondered why the X5 handles bumbs so amazingly easy??

where do you live? I am in the same boat at my club races.. I drive out of town for the faster guys to race against..
warpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 09:12 PM   #400
Tech Regular

warpig - seriously, chassis flex is a good thing? leave bump handling to the suspension, not the chassis.

ptp-
not sure what the deal is with the new k-car, theres this:
http://www.kyosho.co.jp/topics/new/buggy/20040408.html

but i've been told that that^^ won't actually be the new one. I've got a gut feeling it actually will be, and if it is, not a whole lot has changed from the kanai's.

but who knows maybe they are working on something new... can only wait and see.

for now i'm satis with the K2. By the way on the topic of shafts, you ex-K2 owners, has anyone ever broken a kyosho 3.5mm shaft? just curious, i've snapped a few 3mm's but never a 3.5 (yet.... crossing fingers)
Old 04-30-2004, 09:25 PM   #401
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

yes.. seriously.. many people, including me, think the flex is a good thing..
warpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2004, 02:54 AM   #402
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to New Jack

I drive a Kanai III & the First thing to get out of it is the LSD/TCD, atleast where I race (Hard Packed Blue Groove Clay), other than that it's basically set up just like all the rest of the K-Cars, I LOVE this thing already, it's much faster than all the other K-Cars I've had in the Past! Though it's not cheap, it's well worth the money, I'm still kinda working the bugs out of it since it's new & handles just slightly different than my last K-car! The latest craze around here is to covert your Kyosho 1/8 K-Car into a Monster Truck with a JT Racing Conversion Kit, Very Nice & NO T-Maxx can keep up! LOL! www.jtracingproducts.com other 1/8 Truggy Conversions are available also & one for the MBX5 will be coming soon! It's Very Impressive to see one of these things run!

Rides: MBX7R, MBX7R ECO, MBX7T, D413, SCT 410
New Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2004, 03:35 AM   #403
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by warpig
yes.. seriously.. many people, including me, think the flex is a good thing..
oh well, to each his own, i'm not one of them.

Got some thick cnc braces on the way for the K2 to eliminate as much of what is left in terms of flex. Seems to absorb the bumps fine without needing to resort to flex to deal with it... lol

hey new jack, what was your last K-car? i was driving a regular 7.5 and it seemed to go well on the track with standard diffs all round, but ive got a kanai with one lsd up front and havent tried it yet. hopefully it will go okay with the lsd, my track is tight/tech, and coated with loose dirt.
Old 05-01-2004, 09:50 AM   #404
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

i live in maryland which is part of region 2

we have alot of fast guys around they come from VA and PA also

im definelty not the fastest but have always prided myselfof being very consistent and an A main finisher

i usually get pushed back at larger events like at the pro-series race i was in the D

but i expect that at a larger event this was just a club race and got punted to the C heck there was only a D

gotta make sure that doesnt happen again i dont know how the slow guys do it i felt like crap watching the A
Old 05-01-2004, 11:45 AM   #405
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to New Jack

uDi-MP7.5: I had a Kanai/Kanai II with hop ups & a lot of extra parts when I sold it, now I wish I would have never sold it so that I would be able to put one of those JT Conversions on it that I mentioned above. The LSD/TCD doesn't take too well on our Track at all, even the Bigger Pros have taken them out, only costs like $15.-$20. to buy some new Spider Gears & Diff. Shafts so NO big loss, just more traction out of the hole! I'm sure if I were racing on a Track that different types of dirt through out the Track that the LSD would come in handy, but I race mainly indoors on a hard packed-blue Groove Clay!

Rides: MBX7R, MBX7R ECO, MBX7T, D413, SCT 410
New Jack is offline   Reply With Quote