R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 03-02-2004, 08:35 PM   #211
Tech Regular

warpig
you mentioned that your x5 likes to be a little tall on the rear end (to get it to sway into the corner and have that rear end planted)and just about level in the front. what shock oils are you using front and rear?

have tried using 3k-5k-1k on the diffs of my x5 but i remember having seen suggestions of going 5k-7k-2k on it. what will the latter combination do compared to the first?
Bong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 09:26 PM   #212
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I'm still messing with stuff to be honest.. 5-7-2 is good for small sway bars.. stock sway bars seems to like 7-10-2.. but, I don't run stock sways.. I plan to try that setup with stock sways soon.. I can let you know if if you remind me.. I'm running currently 40F and 35 R for oil.. I change that depending on the track though.. but generaly that is what I use.. I also plan to try the single 1.9 pistons on some tracks..
warpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 09:38 PM   #213
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to buboy28 Send a message via Yahoo to buboy28
Post glow plug

Quote:
Originally posted by warpig
just so you know.. turbo plugs are now legal to drive offroad... there's nothing wrong with them.. some are actually more smooth than the regular plugs.. you get a little more power.. little fuel mileage.. tuning is a little more touchy though.. but, I'm running a conical (turbo) plug this year in my 1/8.. so, you can use it.. but, that C5 is hard to control already with its wicked powerband that kicks in outa nowhere
ok thanks for the info will try your suggestion this coming friday. i might be joining an invitational race this friday evening and will try that turbo glowplug
buboy28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 02:01 PM   #214
Tech Elite

Send a message via Yahoo to TambokGT

anybody knows wherer I can buy the 1.9 pistons?
TambokGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 10:11 PM   #215
Tech Regular

warpig
appreciate the feedback on the diffs once you've tried it. there are so few x5's running here in my area that i rarely get the chance to bump into one and ask about their set-ups. that's probably my only gripe about it.

tambok
you going back for vacation anytime soon? be sure to bring your rig. no need to worry nowadays about the rainy season and all since one of the newest off road tracks here is covered.
Old 03-03-2004, 10:44 PM   #216
Tech Elite

www.nitrohouse.com has the 1.9's ... I would call instead of using the internet store.. it kinda sucks
Old 03-04-2004, 01:46 PM   #217
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by Bong
warpig
appreciate the feedback on the diffs once you've tried it. there are so few x5's running here in my area that i rarely get the chance to bump into one and ask about their set-ups. that's probably my only gripe about it.

tambok
you going back for vacation anytime soon? be sure to bring your rig. no need to worry nowadays about the rainy season and all since one of the newest off road tracks here is covered.
Can you post some pics of the track? where is it? and how wide are the lanes?
Old 03-08-2004, 02:48 PM   #218
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I think I'm going to be getting a GS storm RTR buggy. Is this a good buggy to get into 1/8 scale with. I race 1/10 gas trucks and sedans, so this will be my first 1/8th scale, but not my first nitro. I was planning to ditch the radio and possibly taking the PS off, since I already have a bump box. Is this kit upgradeable to the Pro version? Thanks for info...
Scrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 03:05 PM   #219
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

you should also check into the swift or hyper 7 pbs both are available rtr

i got a chance to look at a swift rtr and it looked really nice

i had a gs storm rtr when they first came out and wasnt too impressed (but i heard the quality had improved)
Old 03-08-2004, 08:00 PM   #220
Tech Elite

hyper pcr
Old 03-08-2004, 10:04 PM   #221
Tech Regular

tambok
teng should have some pix of the trax. that's where the current races for the 1/8 off-road nationals is running

if you visit teng's site which shows the results of the 1st race, there was only 1 mbx5 among a horde of kanai's and hobao's. maybe you should drop by and show us a thing or two :
Old 03-08-2004, 10:34 PM   #222
Tech Addict

Send a message via MSN to Neil

Scrad all of the parts from the storm rtr kit will interchange with the pro version. When you get the car the diffs have grease in them. Flush them out and put in real diff oil. Its a good kit for the money it has the best radio gear compaired to all the other rtr kits out there. But I would hold of until this comes out. http://www.gsracing.com/gsracing/page.asp?pg=news&id=32 Its the second generation Storm alot of things have been reworked. Or at least try to get a better price on the current rtr kit. ..Neil
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 10:53 PM   #223
Tech Initiate

scrad, i race a storm pro and have friends who race both storm RTR's and the Hyper PBS', both are excellent cars with heaps of upgrades and aftermarket support available, either way you go you'll be happy.

Oh and the stock Gs BO-1 engine would be ideal to convert to bump-start (i run a ported BO-1 as my practice engine and when tuned well keeps up with the italian based engines)
habenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 11:12 PM   #224
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by Bong
if you visit teng's site which shows the results of the 1st race, there was only 1 mbx5 among a horde of kanai's and hobao's. maybe you should drop by and show us a thing or two :
I wish..... I hope by the time I go there that track is still gonna be there.....keep the hobby alive there guys.

Mugen rules at the silver state challenge is Vegas....Chad B won.
Old 03-08-2004, 11:32 PM   #225
Tech Initiate

scrad, i race a storm pro and have friends who race both storm RTR's and the Hyper PBS', both are excellent cars with heaps of upgrades and aftermarket support available, either way you go you'll be happy.

Oh and the stock Gs BO-1 engine would be ideal to convert to bump-start (i run a ported BO-1 as my practice engine and when tuned well keeps up with the italian based engines)
habenstein is offline   Reply With Quote