R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 07-25-2005, 07:39 PM   #1501
Tech Adept

hey PTP, wat is your honest opioin of the eb p5? u think it is worth the extra $ from a regular p5? thanks
BigBadJabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 08:05 PM   #1502
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Track must've been a fuel hog track. We have a track here thats not high speed and guys regularly finish a 7 min run with a bit less than a 1/4 tank left. Then the big loamy high traction and high speed track which is my favorite I like to pit around 6 mins just to be safe as gas goes thru it there.
jbrow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 09:13 PM   #1503
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)
Send a message via AIM to W.E.D.Jim

"ahhhh grasshopper, it is faster to pit twice then it is to run out of fuel we have learned"..........haha.

An extra fuel filter most likely wont be enough to add more then a few seconds, maybe 10 or so, which in my opinion is still WAY too close.

I pit at 6 minutes if it runs out of gas at or about 6:30-7 minutes. I pit at 7:30 if it will go 8 pretty easy.

I always try and keep a 30 second or more cushion, since running out of fuel never wins a race and there are too many variables.

The only way to add any real fuel mileage is to turn down your high end point and reset the high needle to keep the engine running crisp up top at less then fully open carb settings. Just between us it also helps with lap times by eliminating alot of excess wheel spin with high HP engines.............., Jim
"Nothing but the best!"
W.E.D.Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 11:05 PM   #1504
Tech Regular

Thanks guys!!! The reason I ask is because during my last race I was trying to run through the 10 minute qualifying without pitting. Then I ran out of fuel with only about 10 to 15 seconds left in qualifying. I normally get called in at around 8 mins 30 sec to 9 mins. So I've been considering my options to lengthen my runtime just a little bit more, the other thing I'm gona try is running a smaller carb insert. I think the carb insert ought to help right?? I run a Sirio Kanai with a conservative engine setting with smoke coming out and my piston gets very dark after every raceday.
Genius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 02:27 AM   #1505
Tech Adept

if your lap times are 40seconds per lap....

for a 10 minute qualifier.... u really need to do 40seconds warmup lap + 10minute + 40seconds last lap + 30second cushion, so you really require a real run time of over 12minutes before the tank is bone dry, if you want to not pit in a 10 minute qualifier...

thats why i havent seen many people do it.... we have all tried though...

it just really helps only in longer finals
BigBadJabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 06:56 PM   #1506
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)
Send a message via AIM to W.E.D.Jim

Hey Genious, if you have a pit guy he can give you a splash right before you leave the line for the start of your qualifier.

A carb restrictor will do the same as limiting the high end point, but is harder to change back then using the radio is, ............Jim
"Nothing but the best!"
W.E.D.Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 07:53 PM   #1507
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Jim, is there a Jconcepts body that will fir the Jammin X1?

Thanks,
Brady
Brad8283 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 11:22 PM   #1508
Tech Regular

Actually during the qualifying I would normally limit myself from going full throttle so that I can conserve my fuel and besides these buggies have enough power at half throttle to get thru the straightaway. Everyone normally gets refueled right after the warm up lap so that were all full at the start. thanks again guys for the info!!
Genius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 06:17 PM   #1509
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I really like the EB Mods P5 the modifications he made smooth out the bottom end some and add a bunch of top end. Compared to my old P5 its a night and day difference my old P5 had crazy bottom end power but when you got it on the straight it lacked top end. I switched to a RB S7 2 then I had plently of top end power but lacked on bottom the EB Mods is the best of both of those motors it has way more bottom end grunt than the S7 2 and top end that is even better than the S7 2.

The motor will go 7.5-8 minutes before it runs out but thats just too close (I learned) and being as how I was so close and hadnt had enough sleep I made the wrong call trying to stretch it out.

I set my new M11 up for a 6 minute count down timer I know I can make 6 minutes no matter how trigger happy I get.

Another race like that one is coming up in Sept this time I will sleep a minimum of 4 hours and pit 2 times in 15 minutes.
Old 07-27-2005, 07:10 PM   #1510
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thai3g_Eclipse
Can anyone tell me if all Hyper 7 chassis' are the same? I have the basic TQ RTR and I need to replaced it, and I only see PBS/PCR ones on eBay.
I believe there are two versions, the standard chassis and a long chassis. The part number for the standard chassis is 87066. You might try calling nitrohouse.com, I'm sure they could help you out.
J_Longbrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 04:05 PM   #1511
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to waipahe

Hey Guys,

I was wondering if anybody could tell me how to tell the differences between the Kyosho MP777's? I just got one on a trade and don't know which one I have? Mine just says Kyosho Inferno MP777? Can somebody please help? Thanks, Curt