Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
HoBao Hyper 9E thread >

HoBao Hyper 9E thread

HoBao Hyper 9E thread

Old 05-11-2010, 04:44 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by longbill76 View Post
I haven't heard anyone complained about failures only HHH just mentioned it on a earlier post, if you let it get to the point where it locks up then you would have to find a way to pull it off the motor shaft..
Please take in mind the bearing is not meant to last forever, I designed it so it can take the load of the Front motor bearing.. you should treat the bearing like a nitro clutch bearing, they're also the same size 5x10x4, just check it every other race, if it does not spin freely or if the center core of the bearing seems loose then just replace it..better yet don't even let it get to that point, just replace it every 3-4 races..
I don't have any experience with your motor mounts yet...so please excuse the noob questions. In order to inspect the bearing, do you have to completely remove the motor and lose your gear mesh position? Is it safe to run this motor mount without this bearing installed?
Old 05-11-2010, 05:35 PM
HH
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sickwitit View Post
Mr. Wong,

Are people having any issues with the new Avid bearings? Anybody burning them up? What happens when they burn up...does it lock up the motor...or what are the signs of that bearing going out?
Hey sickwitit, I should probably clarify that on mine the bearing did not burn up or lock up in any way. Also after reviewing my notes, it did happen on three occasions but it was only with the Xcelorin motors (2). When I would change or take the motors out after just one practice or race session, I was not able to remove the bearing from the shaft without demolishing the bearing. The inner race would seize to the motor shaft. I believe it is due to the flare in the shaft just as it enters the casing on the Xcelorin motors. I think either the bearing would need to be approx. .020" narrower or if the bearing recess on the Mblox were .020" deeper it would prevent the bearing from getting wedged on to the flare in the shaft when you tighten the Mblox to the motor casing. I don't see this being a problem with any other motors.

longbill76 - Jeez Harley aren't you a bit harsh, where's the love
Brandon I did not intend it to be, but you are right, I apologize if that sounded a bit rough on you and could possibly be misinterpreted by others. Also as I mentioned above, I mispoke in an earlier post where I stated the bearing seized to the shaft with 3 different motors. That is not correct. I keep notes since I am doing alot of R&D right now and after reviewing them I believe it was only with the Xcelorin motors there is a problem. I am sorry for mispeaking on that. Hows that for love BW?

The pics of your work speak for themselves.

Peace out,

HH
Old 05-11-2010, 05:43 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Has anybody mounted any of the new bulldog bodies to the 9e?
Old 05-11-2010, 07:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

batteries that are know to fit ? or max demesions that will fit ? protek 4s hard case?
Old 05-11-2010, 08:09 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sickwitit View Post
I don't have any experience with your motor mounts yet...so please excuse the noob questions. In order to inspect the bearing, do you have to completely remove the motor and lose your gear mesh position? Is it safe to run this motor mount without this bearing installed?
Well you inspect the bearing at the end of the day when you're doing your maintenance on your vehicle..
Sure you can run it without the bearing, the bearing is for security, if you want longer life on your motor bearing then I highly suggest you use it..

Originally Posted by HH View Post
Hey sickwitit, I should probably clarify that on mine the bearing did not burn up or lock up in any way. Also after reviewing my notes, it did happen on three occasions but it was only with the Xcelorin motors (2). When I would change or take the motors out after just one practice or race session, I was not able to remove the bearing from the shaft without demolishing the bearing. The inner race would seize to the motor shaft. I believe it is due to the flare in the shaft just as it enters the casing on the Xcelorin motors. I think either the bearing would need to be approx. .020" narrower or if the bearing recess on the Mblox were .020" deeper it would prevent the bearing from getting wedged on to the flare in the shaft when you tighten the Mblox to the motor casing. I don't see this being a problem with any other motors.

Brandon I did not intend it to be, but you are right, I apologize if that sounded a bit rough on you and could possibly be misinterpreted by others. Also as I mentioned above, I mispoke in an earlier post where I stated the bearing seized to the shaft with 3 different motors. That is not correct. I keep notes since I am doing alot of R&D right now and after reviewing them I believe it was only with the Xcelorin motors there is a problem. I am sorry for mispeaking on that. Hows that for love BW?

The pics of your work speak for themselves.

Peace out,

HH
Love is in the air
Old 05-12-2010, 12:32 AM

Trader Rating: 8 (83%+)

Originally Posted by longbill76 View Post
Jeez Harley aren't you a bit harsh, where's the love
To put things in perspective here is a pic of the motor clearance..

To be exact the motor is 1.8mm off the chassis, so not sure what you meant about being perched in the air
If the motor goes any lower then there's is a high chance it will slap the chassis during landings due to flex on the chassis, so I rather not take the chance..

As for the 5x10 bearing seizing up, I'm not sure if you've raced nitro before but like a nitro clutch, bearings will seize or fall apart if you do not maintain or switch them out for new ones.. a electric motor has much higher rpm over a nitro motor so you should always check the bearing every 2-3 races..
You also have to realize that the built in bearing in the Mblox is taking most of the stress & pressure so your front motor bearing can have longer life..
All my mounts now come with Avid bearings which has a higher RPM threshold, if you need some let me know..

The M-blox you received was the first model, the current Mblox that come with 9E mounts now can accommodate smaller pinions..

Sorry Harley, as you know I respect your opinion, I just calling it like I see it with this one.
Hey Brandon i have just paid for my motor mount for my 9e from you my name is shane cornish.I cant wait to get this thing on my machine.Also on another note how much would you charge to make a carbonfibre front brace for a 9 nitro like yours cause i also have a 9 nitro that i wouldnt mind playing with to convert to electric.
Old 05-12-2010, 04:36 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default Elite-RC Motor Mount For Ofna Hyper 9E. Order Just Placed!

I'm so glad you make this Quality motor mount Brandon. Thank you for giving us parts and upgrade choices. I just placed my order about twenty minutes ago. Pay Pal said the item has already shipped. Now that's Fast service. And thank you for answering all my technical questions. I really aprecieate the time you've taken to create this awesome improvement, of a motor mount. And comes with a bearing too, yes this design was well thought out. Thank you again, Brandon Wong.
Old 05-12-2010, 09:55 AM

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by shano83 View Post
Hey Brandon i have just paid for my motor mount for my 9e from you my name is shane cornish.I cant wait to get this thing on my machine.Also on another note how much would you charge to make a carbonfibre front brace for a 9 nitro like yours cause i also have a 9 nitro that i wouldnt mind playing with to convert to electric.
I make a lot of CF for the Hyper 9 what part did you need?
Old 05-12-2010, 07:56 PM
Tech Adept

Does anybody have any luck racing with the Crimefighter M2 tires that come with this buggy? I already have a new set of City Block (soft) tires (mounted) but I'm wondering if I should not bother with mounting these stock Crimefighters...and get something different...?
Old 05-12-2010, 10:44 PM

Originally Posted by snrscion View Post
Im after a carbon fibre brace like what brandon has done on his converted 9 nitro
Old 05-12-2010, 11:46 PM

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I see that is a nice conversion, very clean makes me want to do the same thing. Very nice brandon.
Old 05-13-2010, 12:12 AM

I see that is a nice conversion, very clean makes me want to do the same thing. Very nice brandon.
I agree thats why i want to convert it.
Old 05-13-2010, 01:04 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 96 (99%+)

sickwit it....

The m2 crime fighters will work at Revelation Raceway....but not indoors on the clay track...Get some Gold J Concepts Bar Codes and call it a day.
Old 05-13-2010, 01:52 AM

so you recon you could do me a front brace like brandons if so whats the cost involved???
Old 05-13-2010, 02:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Finally i just got my Hyper 9e(A version) today.
----Can anyone tell me is there any different in version?

Any good website for 9e upgrade parts?
Now i got to start order battery.

Anyone ever try running on 3s?
In term of speed is it meaning to say 4s run faster than 3s with same pinion?

Hope can get some info from good bros here.

Cheers

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.