Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
HoBao Hyper 9E thread >

HoBao Hyper 9E thread

HoBao Hyper 9E thread

Old 04-22-2010, 08:20 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by vinz23 View Post
hi wat size pinion are u using on the tekin 2050 motor? the drive cup is rubbing against my motor with the stock pinion that came with the kit. tnx
I think if you get the EliteRC motor mount, then you can go down to 14t without any issues.
Old 04-22-2010, 09:25 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by malik View Post
I have been waiting for the release of the HHH Light weight chassis for the Ve8, but just saw his sight and saw he has 1 in the works for the 9e also. Is there any pics somewhere on this thread? A buddy of mine has a 9e and may be interested in it. The Ve8 chassis looks awesome, and I am sure the 1 for the 9 is also.
Stay on your side of the fence man.

Anyway, I saw that on HH's site also, but there has been nothing posted here. I'm interested to see what he's done with it.
Old 04-22-2010, 09:31 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by morati View Post
I think if you get the EliteRC motor mount, then you can go down to 14t without any issues.
The elite mount does not allow you to run a smaller pinion. A smaller can motor will though. My Losi motor will allow a 13t, and the yet to be released speed passion cirtix should allow down to around a 11t. Any day now speed passion
Old 04-23-2010, 09:32 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

tnx guys i might just go for 15t for now. i want to get the elite motor mount but still out of stock till the end of the month.
Old 04-23-2010, 01:06 PM
Tech Initiate

some one know if is possible to change the spur of the central diff., with one made of plastic and a little bit bigger diameter?

other question, the overall gear is enough strong? there eccessive wearing of the metal parts on the transmission?

thanks in advance and sorry for my bad english.
regards
Old 04-23-2010, 02:36 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 96 (99%+)

With the Elite mount, you can only run as small as a 15t pinion.
Old 04-23-2010, 08:48 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by lbckevin View Post
With the Elite mount, you can only run as small as a 15t pinion.
I stand corrected....I saw some pics with it meshing cleanly to a 14t but perhaps it was with a smaller can motor. I don't have the 9E but it is one of the Buggies I am considering. It looks like its a great vehicle to drive however it has some issues to be dealt with with. I may end up going with the MBX6......
Old 04-23-2010, 10:29 PM
Tech Regular

I stand corrected....I saw some pics with it meshing cleanly to a 14t but perhaps it was with a smaller can motor. I don't have the 9E but it is one of the Buggies I am considering. It looks like its a great vehicle to drive however it has some issues to be dealt with with. I may end up going with the MBX6......
You're right about the issues, but it's very rewarding to drive despite that. It's clearly got the best chassis layout there is, and there really very few limitations as far as battery size, motor size etc.

Also with such a small spur gear, the car coasts much better than other e-buggys, which also helps the car jump better.
Old 04-30-2010, 10:19 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Transponder location ?

Was at the track today and they couldn't pick up my transponder which was mounted on the stock location. Ended up having to attach to the receiver box screw. They were claiming the metal piece under the stock transponder is in the way.

Anybody experienced similar issue ? Where did you end up mounting your transponder ?
Old 05-01-2010, 09:00 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hey all. Just finished reading all 92 pages of this thread and It's great. Got some good pointers and have seen some good mods.
Just recieved my 9e conversion so I'll be converting my spare nitro into an elect. Will just be using the nitro mud guards and standard hobao body so I should get a good fit etc but I'm not sure if I should try and do the conversion with the old nitro chasis with the motor up front and move the steering to the other side etc. The nitro front center shaft now has a universal on the front end to try and negate the excessive wear from the front gear box being on an angle. Its a 4mm chasis and the rear cnc brace keeps things sturdy at the back, but with the motor move up front I'll have to sort out another front brace. Am just starting with Xerun 150A and a 2200kv SP on 4s but dont know the can size so I'm not sure of pinnion size yet. Know the kit comes with 14T but dunno if it's gonna fit. I love the nitro so cant wait to see how the elect runs
Old 05-02-2010, 05:57 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

ive got the same setup but with a tekin and hooby wing motor
14,15,16t pinion should be sweat, i had to grind the can on the tekin to fit it in but the new 4 pole hobbywing motor fit straight in, make sure u shim ur diffs on the tight side
Old 05-02-2010, 06:48 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by hyper9boy View Post
14,15,16t pinion should be sweat, i had to grind the can on the tekin to fit it in but the new 4 pole hobbywing motor fit straight in, make sure u shim ur diffs on the tight side
Can you explain what you mean by "shim ur diffs on the tight side"?
Old 05-02-2010, 02:56 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by hyper9boy View Post
Got any Pics of your set up??
Old 05-03-2010, 04:17 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i found i had to shim the diff to the right and shim the pinion back to get i nice fit other wise the gear were stripping /slipping its all good now tho
ill get some pics ive also cut the radio tray down and used a 8.5 one to replace it mounted the esc on the chassis with gyro gell
Old 05-03-2010, 04:43 PM
Tech Apprentice

The SP 2200kv fits awsome. I'm running a 17t pinion and if you use the kit heat sink you will have to dremal out the holes for the heat sink to get gear mesh correct. You will also need to either flip the diffs in the case's to get the car rolling in the right direction or if your esc has the option of flipping the drive direction that will also work.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.