Wiki Posts
Search

HoBao Hyper 9E thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2009, 01:14 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bondonutz
Yeah, I had to hit the battery tray with a sanding drum/Dremel to make room for the mounting tab. I also shaved a little of meat off the mounting tab to lessen it's bulk for a easier fit. I didn't have to remove much material from either part for a premo fit.
Good to know. Planning on doing my mod tonight. Now that you have the mud guards on, did you need to cut any vent holes in the body for the ESC/motor? Seems like there won't be much airflow anymore.
Old 10-01-2009, 06:38 PM
Tech Master

OFNA 1/8th Scale Series Update

Tomorrow night is round 2 of the OFNA 1/8th scale electric series at OCRC!

Last week we had 3 full heats! 21 Electric 8th scales.

Its not to late to enter, you only need make 4 of 5 races

If you have an OFNA product your race entry is FREE

All others only $20.00 which includes a free t-shirt

There will be prizes given out to every entry!

1st place will receive a 5' custom OFNA Trophy as well as the new
OFNA 10 SC 4wd short course truck!

Hope to see ya all here tomorrow night!

Check out OCRCraceway.com for more info on the track.

Peace
RB
Old 10-02-2009, 03:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by reqq
LOL. well im a newb to but have read some. I can say that you definately want more then one batteri if you dont want much downtime. Friend have a 4S 5000mah pack and it takes like 1 hour and 30 min to charge that pack with a 5amp charger. And additional 40 min to balance the pack. I dont know if he does it correct, hes a newb too lol. However he said that he charge it 100% full and i think i read that you charge it to 90% only cause the last 10% takes alot longer or something, im not 100% sure of this though. But if you have a charger with say 20 amp it should go 4 times faster if you batteri can handle it, like the new Hyperion G3 packs. This charger for example:

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...er-8S-20A-350W

though you need a powerful PSU too like 600 watt 40 amp to charge at full 20 amp. Like this: http://robotbirds.com/catalog/produc...oducts_id=3006

Since they racing 10 min race time over in the US, and Tim is a pro , hes setup is prolly just for that, so 10-15min tops on his setup i would guess.
Thanks
Old 10-02-2009, 06:42 AM
Tech Initiate

does this fit 9e with tekin motor? http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...inion-Gear-17T
Old 10-02-2009, 06:48 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

based on its description, I would say it should work fine. I am actually now geared with a 17T pinion on my Tekin motor.
Old 10-02-2009, 06:50 AM
Tech Regular

Here are some pics of the shocks, as requested, sorry it took so long...

And here is a bonus pic of my 9E with freshly installed Tekno mud guards.

I guess they could be a bit better lit, but these are not bad for cell phone shots, for sure!
Old 10-02-2009, 06:57 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (93%+)

How do these compare tot he Caster FUsion?? Better buuilt or whats up?
Old 10-02-2009, 07:01 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by killatoyota4569
How do these compare tot he Caster FUsion?? Better buuilt or whats up?
The most noticeable difference is it's a completely different layout than the Fusion. Single battery tray for one big 4S pack, rather than two 2S as saddle packs. This also let HoBao put the center diff WAY at the back of the buggy and move everything very close to center. I think the shocks are bigger on the 9E as well. Since it's based on another popular vehicle from a fairly popular manufacturer (Hyper 9 Nitro) parts should be easier to find than Caster too. I know none of the hobby shops around me stocks anything for Caster vehicles. In fact, if I want "local" parts for Caster stuff, I have to drive to Cedar Rapids, IA.
Old 10-02-2009, 07:15 AM
Tech Legend

Ezrem: The shock you posted a pic of is what I got in from Special-RC. What I have is shorter where the rebuild goes in, and is more of a reverse cone shape tapering towards the shock end eyelet. So must have been a running change of sorts or something.

As for comparing the Caster Fusion and the Hyper 9E, the Caster Fusion is a good car for the money. And if I didn't get my Hyper 9E, I would have probably done the caster.

The things that I liked about the Hyper 9E better that made me decide to purchase was that I don't like the saddle pack setup, and I also feel that the Hyper 9E has the layout I was expecting for a 1/8 electric with the diff moved to the rear and the electronics as close to the centerline as possible. Also, on the Caster, part of the battery trays hang over the chassis. Its probably not an issue, but I would prefer the actual chassis to fully protect the trays. That would also make the vehicle look more factory than afterthought on that regard, at least in my opinion. Since I tend to run heavy packs.

I think you would be fine with either option. Me personally, I am quite happy with the Hyper 9E, and as much as I change cars, thats saying a lot.
Old 10-02-2009, 07:30 AM
Tech Legend

I just got this from FMLinero, its the body measurements from the VE8.

The Ve8 body width is 5.5 inches and the length (from body post on the front to body post on the rear) is 12.25 inches (roughly)
We still need to have a test fit though, so anyone here who runs with something with a Ve8 body, please test fit there body on your vehicle.
Old 10-02-2009, 10:08 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Cain
based on its description, I would say it should work fine. I am actually now geared with a 17T pinion on my Tekin motor.
Nice, just ordered a 9E with Tekin combo from amain
Old 10-02-2009, 11:01 AM
Tech Regular

Ezrem: The shock you posted a pic of is what I got in from Special-RC. What I have is shorter where the rebuild goes in, and is more of a reverse cone shape tapering towards the shock end eyelet. So must have been a running change of sorts or something.

[AND]

I just got this from FMLinero, its the body measurements from the VE8.

The Ve8 body width is 5.5 inches and the length (from body post on the front to body post on the rear) is 12.25 inches (roughly)

We still need to have a test fit though, so anyone here who runs with something with a Ve8 body, please test fit there body on your vehicle.
So did you order the full 4-shock set from special-rc or just the front/rear pair?

Without my 9E here at work to measure and just making a wild guess, that sounds like the chassis would actually stick out a bit on each side?
Old 10-02-2009, 11:22 AM
Tech Legend

I did the full shock set as it was $70 bucks. couldn't beat that anywhere. So now I have spares just in case is what I was thinking.

As for the body of the VE8, I am very curious about this. hopefully someone can do some measurements of the chassis to get an idea of how it is.
Old 10-02-2009, 11:45 AM
Tech Regular

I did the full shock set as it was $70 bucks. couldn't beat that anywhere. So now I have spares just in case is what I was thinking.

As for the body of the VE8, I am very curious about this. hopefully someone can do some measurements of the chassis to get an idea of how it is.
I am somewhat locked into the concept of running a standard body at this point, considering I have modified my chassis and all...but it would still be interesting to know.

The reason I wondered about the shocks is because he actually sells fronts for $30 and rears for $30, but the full set is $70. With combined shipping buying fronts + rears rather than the 4 shock set would still be a bit cheaper...so if it's the same shocks, I was debating ordering. I probably should just wait until I break one, though.
Old 10-02-2009, 11:52 AM
Tech Legend

considering how fast his shipping is, not a bad idea. For the seperate front and rears, did they have springs? I didn't see fronts and rears seperate when I went to order.

You also get the blue springs with the shocks. So that was a plus as I needed to order those anyway.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.