Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
HoBao Hyper 9E thread >

HoBao Hyper 9E thread

HoBao Hyper 9E thread

Old 08-02-2013, 03:09 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by MaximeRoy77 View Post
Welcome to the Hyper Team

Please post pictures of the buggy so we ca help you better !

You can read the past 2-3 pages for suggestions on parts and upgrades
thank´s and i am happy to enter the hyper team.
tomorrow i will post pictures and i only mount my eletronics today on the chassis... i have checked diffs too and only tomorrow i will drive it!!
so far i like alot the displacement of things no the chassis , and seems everything pretty solid and well balanced!!
is is incredible that hyper launch this car on 2009 and still today only tekno eb48 seems to get close to this displacement. having this on my hands make me think that pretty almost other cars look conversion and not electric cars from scratch...

let´s see the handling tomorrow on track.

greetings from portugal
Old 08-04-2013, 05:34 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

One of my H9e have front CVD bent and since the cheaper way I found was to buy a new set HOBAO #89009 part (20$ approx.)

Can I buy the shaft only ? not the set...
Old 08-06-2013, 08:43 AM
Tech Initiate

Just ordered the tekno sidegaurds..... Still waiting on the other bits I've ordered, but that's because I'm in the uk......
Old 08-06-2013, 11:09 AM
Tech Initiate

What are a good lipo 2s recommended to run? Want to buy a few more... What are you guys using? After good quality.... Thanks
Old 08-06-2013, 11:13 AM
Tech Initiate

Can a few off you put a couple of pictures up with all electrics & battery's installed please... Thanks.
Old 08-06-2013, 05:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by postie90 View Post
Can a few off you put a couple of pictures up with all electrics & battery's installed please... Thanks.
Old 08-07-2013, 03:58 PM
Tech Apprentice

anyone have a good solution for hyper 9e leaking diffs issue?
i discover mine comes with all the 3 leaking... i refill them and all gaskets are good but it leaks again even without running...

thank´s
Old 08-07-2013, 06:20 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by timaneli View Post
anyone have a good solution for hyper 9e leaking diffs issue?
i discover mine comes with all the 3 leaking... i refill them and all gaskets are good but it leaks again even without running...

thank´s
Is it leaking from the outdrives ? If so, I've got some good luck with ACE Hardware 4x7x1.5 O Rings - these are thicker than stock so may make the diff feel more 'tight' once fully assembled. In that case, try without the shims under the main gear to loosen it up.
Old 08-08-2013, 03:13 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by pascalfd View Post
Is it leaking from the outdrives ? If so, I've got some good luck with ACE Hardware 4x7x1.5 O Rings - these are thicker than stock so may make the diff feel more 'tight' once fully assembled. In that case, try without the shims under the main gear to loosen it up.
yes is from the outdrives in all 3....
i will try that method and if amain have that ace hardware i will buy from them!!
thank´s for the help!!

greetings
Old 08-08-2013, 04:23 AM
Tech Elite

I can't remember the part number, but I know people were using a Losi diff shim to put more pressure on the o-rings. This seemed to fix the problem. I will look and see if I still have the parts bag in my pit box.

EDIT: I went back in this thread and found it, part# LOSA6356 Make sure you are not over filling the diffs
Old 08-08-2013, 06:41 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by kufman View Post
I can't remember the part number, but I know people were using a Losi diff shim to put more pressure on the o-rings. This seemed to fix the problem. I will look and see if I still have the parts bag in my pit box.

EDIT: I went back in this thread and found it, part# LOSA6356 Make sure you are not over filling the diffs

hello!! i have to use only the losi shim without ofna stock one correct?
thank´s for the help.
Old 08-08-2013, 09:53 AM
Tech Elite

thank´s for the help.
That is a good question. I don't remember and I don't own the car anymore so I can't take one apart to look.
Old 08-08-2013, 10:36 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

thank´s for the help.
The idea with the losi shim is to increase pressure on the o ring. Therefore you would add it to the existing setup. So concretely keep the stock shim as well.
I however noticed that even with this fix my diff ended up leaking . Reason I believe being that the o ring swells and doesn't seal the out drive anymore. Hence now using smaller inside diameter but thicker o ring working good for me.
Old 08-08-2013, 12:03 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by pascalfd View Post
The idea with the losi shim is to increase pressure on the o ring. Therefore you would add it to the existing setup. So concretely keep the stock shim as well.
I however noticed that even with this fix my diff ended up leaking . Reason I believe being that the o ring swells and doesn't seal the out drive anymore. Hence now using smaller inside diameter but thicker o ring working good for me.
i have a box full of different sizes orings and i will mesure and see if any fit the job!!
in last case i will use grease instead oil.. i have several greases from BMW(my work) and i will test them also...

thank´s
Old 08-09-2013, 01:25 PM
Tech Apprentice

finally some pictures of the car:

the last picture are orings from lrp that have almost the same specs as stock diff ones. i try this ones next time and see if still leak anything from diffs...
i also want rear and front cnc plates and center shaft cvd style, and tekno mudguards.
at rest all things seem pretty good balanced from stock....
shocks are lrp big bores and they are handling alot better than stock ones so far...

traction of hyper 9e is insane mainly of the rear of the car!!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.