Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
HoBao Hyper 9E thread >

HoBao Hyper 9E thread

HoBao Hyper 9E thread

Old 07-30-2013, 12:07 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by MaximeRoy77 View Post
You can have fun withtout the guards, but when you'll want to stop cleaning after each runs you'll put them on ;-)
Not a mandatory upgrade

Same motor ;-) ESC 150a Xerun ?
What LIPO , 4S ?
The ESC is the hobbywing 150a Xerun.... Currently fitted is a 17t pinion. Will order the side guards.... When I have my orders placed come through ok...
As for the lipo's this is where I get a bit confused, I have 6 lipos that came with the buggie, which takes 2 lipos at a time.....

2x team overlander 2s (6500 25/50c)

2x turnigy 3s (5000mah 40/80c)

2x turnigy 3s (4000mah 40/80c)

After looking on the net, am I right in saying if I run both team overlanders, that's 4s
And likewise the turnigys,running both means they would be 6s?
Cheers Roy.
Old 07-30-2013, 12:33 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Once the sideguards are installed, you'll then have the possibility to install Velcro on the body to stick the chassis ! Even better for keeping things clean in there.

You are correct about running LIPOs in pair.

Man , 6S is going to be uncontrollable ;-) I have hard time with 5S same setup as you ;-)
Old 07-30-2013, 12:48 PM
Tech Initiate

Once the sideguards are installed, you'll then have the possibility to install Velcro on the body to stick the chassis ! Even better for keeping things clean in there.

You are correct about running LIPOs in pair.

Man , 6S is going to be uncontrollable ;-) I have hard time with 5S same setup as you ;-)
I see what you mean about the side guards, spotted a picture I think earlier in this thread.... Will defiantly get them ordered.... Should I change the lipos then? Are there any rules regarding setting up the ESC? Like power punch and braking? These are things I haven't looked at yet...
Old 07-30-2013, 12:54 PM
Tech Adept

You can set the settings to minimum, but on 6S the engine+ESC will get hot from my observations on 5S and you'll probably go too fast and tumbling will cause more damages than on 4S for exemple. + The differentials will need more care, probably higher density oil to protect them of the explosive punch of the 6 cells.

I say, try it first ... but for the 1st year you might be better with 4S, this HYPER 9E is pretty fast !!!!

My 2 cents.
Old 07-30-2013, 01:48 PM
Tech Initiate

I haven't run the 6s so if I want to get some 4s what would you guys getting for this buggie cheers.
Old 07-30-2013, 06:47 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by postie90 View Post
Hiya Roy, thank you buddy, just ordered these parts from erichobby... Could you advise on the shocks springs.... Why would they need upgrading? Cheers.
Checking the pics you posted (wow.. that's brand new !), looks like you already had the updated center drive shaft (part 89339 in your order) and the steel diff mounts - so that's a last 'generation' Hyper 9e you got there. Very good !

A couple of tips from having had hyper 9e's for the last 4 to 5 years :

Once you have the Tekno side fitted, I'd cut out the outside edge of the battery box. This will give you a lot more battery choices as the stock box is a little narrow.

Check the length of the screw joining the rear chassis brace to the motor mount. Use as long as possible to fit in the thread but not too long of course ! There is a lot of stress in that area and eventually (so better later than sooner), the hole in the motor mount will be oval..(that's when it would be nice to have an Elite RC mount ready to fit too - but these have some downside too as the access to the center diff is more difficult).
Same comment for the screws in the front and rear bulkhead : maximize the thread available using longer screws.

I'd also put a piece of foam under the end of the motor so it doesn't hit the chassis too hard yet allow for some flex.

Enjoy ! This is a great Ebuggy whose layout remain very up to date (just compare with the latest tekno..) - front arms are a little weak I'd say now that I could compare with Losi/Kyosho's.
Old 07-30-2013, 06:52 PM
Tech Adept

postie90: if you don't need the spare STEEL DRIVE SHAFT (indeed , your H9e already has it, lucky for you) I am willing to buy it, let me know

...but EricHobby would be willing to remove it from you order and refund it, contact him and let us know I suppose he have not shipped it yet

Last edited by MaximeRoy77; 07-30-2013 at 07:05 PM.
Old 07-30-2013, 10:24 PM
Tech Initiate

postie90: if you don't need the spare STEEL DRIVE SHAFT (indeed , your H9e already has it, lucky for you) I am willing to buy it, let me know

...but EricHobby would be willing to remove it from you order and refund it, contact him and let us know I suppose he have not shipped it yet
Roy, I may as well keep it as a spare for what it costs, anyway it would cost a fortune to post to you from the uk....
Old 07-31-2013, 05:16 AM
Tech Adept

^ OK ! ;-)
Old 07-31-2013, 09:29 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by pascalfd View Post
Checking the pics you posted (wow.. that's brand new !), looks like you already had the updated center drive shaft (part 89339 in your order) and the steel diff mounts - so that's a last 'generation' Hyper 9e you got there. Very good !

A couple of tips from having had hyper 9e's for the last 4 to 5 years :

Once you have the Tekno side fitted, I'd cut out the outside edge of the battery box. This will give you a lot more battery choices as the stock box is a little narrow.

Check the length of the screw joining the rear chassis brace to the motor mount. Use as long as possible to fit in the thread but not too long of course ! There is a lot of stress in that area and eventually (so better later than sooner), the hole in the motor mount will be oval..(that's when it would be nice to have an Elite RC mount ready to fit too - but these have some downside too as the access to the center diff is more difficult).
Same comment for the screws in the front and rear bulkhead : maximize the thread available using longer screws.

I'd also put a piece of foam under the end of the motor so it doesn't hit the chassis too hard yet allow for some flex.

Enjoy ! This is a great Ebuggy whose layout remain very up to date (just compare with the latest tekno..) - front arms are a little weak I'd say now that I could compare with Losi/Kyosho's.
Is there any chance you could measure the longer screws you have used? Just so I can order some in, also a picture off the foam under the engine? Wouldn't that help hotting up the motor? Cheers
Old 07-31-2013, 09:32 AM
Tech Initiate

^ OK ! ;-)
Before I order the side guards form nitrohouse, is there anything else I need to consider buying?
Old 07-31-2013, 09:45 AM
Tech Adept

Spares maybe ?

- Rear wing (2 pieces)
- Front sway
- Shock caps
- Tires (I love having the choice: Road Rage (on-road) , Duratrax Posses C2 [multitude good and cheap alternatives here] (race track) and Duratrax Lockup (extreme off-road)
- Wheels
- Tires glue
- Wheel nuts (i lost them quite often)

other members might have also suggestions...

What do you think ?

Last edited by MaximeRoy77; 07-31-2013 at 01:28 PM.
Old 07-31-2013, 01:50 PM
Tech Apprentice

i will receive a used hyper 9e tomorrow.
what advices for a new hyper9 driver?

it will run a hobbywing sc8 at 4s with turnigy 4 poles 1900kv..
Old 07-31-2013, 02:06 PM
Tech Adept

Welcome to the Hyper Team

Please post pictures of the buggy so we ca help you better !

You can read the past 2-3 pages for suggestions on parts and upgrades
Old 07-31-2013, 08:46 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Before I order the side guards form nitrohouse, is there anything else I need to consider buying?
Spare front arms and bulkhead link

Is there any chance you could measure the longer screws you have used? Just so I can order some in, also a picture off the foam under the engine? Wouldn't that help hotting up the motor? Cheers
In the bulkhead, that would be M3x13 -effectively a M3x14 grinded shorter-(stock is M3x12). Not sure about the motor mount as I now have the EliteRC, but basically measure the depth of the screw hole and look for a screw to use the whole length - be careful not to go too long though !

RE motor foam bumper : see picture - just a small piece at the end.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.