Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
HoBao Hyper 9E thread >

HoBao Hyper 9E thread

HoBao Hyper 9E thread

Old 06-14-2011, 02:43 PM
  #3916  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (8)
 
Integra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 12,486
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Kenton View Post
does it matter if the front diff is in backwards ??

The gears mesh up either way it goes in .

Had a guy at Nitro House tell me it does not matter . Though I would get another opinion to confirm this before I ran it .

I have several diffs to remove from another truck and really do not want to dig back in to my Hyper .

All you'll have to do is flip the motor rotation, So go to your "REV" setting in your remote and turn it to the opposite of what its currently on. Remember to recalibrate your ESC after doing this.
Integra is offline  
Old 06-14-2011, 08:43 PM
  #3917  
Tech Apprentice
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 51
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Well I've had a Ve8 for about a year now and hated it from the start. I use to race a vorza and was a better racer with the Vorza Well After looking for either Losi 8ight or a Hyper 9e, I found a good Hyper 9e on eBay. It car was in AWESOME condition when I got it. Well I painted the body and added a few upgrades and i'm in love. This car handles 10x better the my Ve8 ever did, and I've only race it twice. I believe once I get it set up to my liking i'll be very competitive. Anyways here are some pictures of my new ride.




Mattgee87 is offline  
Old 06-15-2011, 01:23 AM
  #3918  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (19)
 
MindThoughts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 766
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default Congratulations Matt. And Note To OSR(Mike).

Congratulations on the purchase of your Hyper 9E, Matt.

You are right about this being one super great buggy. You're going to have some great times with this buggy. It's very well designed in terms of the layout, and configuration of electronics and, motor, center diff, and battery placement. One thing I've experienced consistently with the Hyper 9E is that the buggy handles like it's on rails. It's very agile- yet not overly sensitive. It's very easy to drive fast and corners very well.

You're going to love this buggy :-)

PS. Sorry OSR(Mike) for asking which wing you were running when it was written in your post bellow the picture. I was tired and didn't even see that you had said the model name of the wing you're running(ie. Racers Edge). I'm definitely going to run that wing. At the rate I destroy rear wings- this model wing being low cost certainly helps

Note to OSR(Mike) please continue to post your experimental layout configurations on your Hyper 9E. And let us know if and how you find the buggies handling to improve or change.
MindThoughts is offline  
Old 06-16-2011, 03:04 PM
  #3919  
Tech Addict
 
SnoopMaxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Denmark
Posts: 658
Default

Originally Posted by Integra View Post
All you'll have to do is flip the motor rotation, So go to your "REV" setting in your remote and turn it to the opposite of what its currently on. Remember to recalibrate your ESC after doing this.

If it's just the front diff that is flipped over then you can't reverse the direction on the ESC, according to Kenton the REAR diff is still in the original position

So when you spin the rear wheels clock wise, the front wheels will turn anti-clock wise


SnoopMaxx is offline  
Old 06-16-2011, 04:36 PM
  #3920  
Tech Adept
 
stricko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Tasmania, Aus
Posts: 243
Default

Hi,

I'm thinking of converting my old Hyper 9 to electric but am unsure of what motor combos to be looking at for it.

From what I've read it can be difficult to get a low gear ratio because of the centre diff location? What gearing are people using for the motor and battery combos they have?

I don't want the buggy to be too heavy so is it better to go with 3S batteries?

Any help will be much appreciated. Very new to this electric stuff!

Cheers
Stricko

Last edited by stricko; 06-16-2011 at 05:16 PM.
stricko is offline  
Old 06-16-2011, 05:12 PM
  #3921  
Tech Apprentice
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 51
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by stricko View Post
Hi,

I'm thinking of converting my old Hyper 9 to electric but am unsure of what motor combos to be looking at for it.

From what I've read it can be difficult to get a low gear ratio because of the centre diff location?

I don't want the buggy to be too heavy so is it better to go with 3S batteries?

Any help will be much appreciated. Very new to this electric stuff!

Cheers
Stricko
The motor I have in the picture is a CC 1800 KV and to me is the perfect spec for this buggy
Mattgee87 is offline  
Old 06-16-2011, 06:26 PM
  #3922  
Tech Master
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Havasu AZ
Posts: 1,143
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

In a Hyper 9 with a 1900 KV Tekin & RX8 ESC on 3S what is a good
starting point for a pinion???

Yeah I know your not suppose to run a 1900 on 3S but my 2650 on 3S is
way,way to fast for me. I need to tame the Hyper down a bunch. Steady
clean laps win races out right speed doesn't so I'm going to give this a
try..

Thanks...
Chuck 21 is offline  
Old 06-16-2011, 08:56 PM
  #3923  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (8)
 
Integra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 12,486
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by SnoopMaxx View Post

If it's just the front diff that is flipped over then you can't reverse the direction on the ESC, according to Kenton the REAR diff is still in the original position

So when you spin the rear wheels clock wise, the front wheels will turn anti-clock wise


Whoops....Didn't catch that about only 1 being flipped. Thanks for pointing that out Snoopmaxx
Integra is offline  
Old 06-17-2011, 11:42 AM
  #3924  
Tech Master
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Havasu AZ
Posts: 1,143
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Chuck 21 View Post
In a Hyper 9 with a 1900 KV Tekin & RX8 ESC on 3S what is a good
starting point for a pinion???

Yeah I know your not suppose to run a 1900 on 3S but my 2650 on 3S is
way,way to fast for me. I need to tame the Hyper down a bunch. Steady
clean laps win races out right speed doesn't so I'm going to give this a
try..

Thanks...


Anyone??
Chuck 21 is offline  
Old 06-17-2011, 04:48 PM
  #3925  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (19)
 
MindThoughts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 766
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default Pinion And Spur Gear Choices For The Hyper 9E Powered By One 3Cell LiPo.

I run one 3cell Thunder Power 40c 5000mah and I just put the Losi Xcelorin ESC and 2100kv(Xcelorin) motor in my Hyper 9E as well. I'm also running the STRC(Heavy Duty) 42tooth Derlyn(non metal) spur gear- originally made for the Ofna Hyper 10SC(4x4) truck. This model- STRC spur gear is a perfect fit, though does require the reduction of the outer diameter area- where the bearing fits onto the spur gear. Keep in mind the stock Hyper 9E center spur gear is a 40tooth.

As for a pinion gear- I'm going to start with a 17tooth pinion gear. Though this is to run the buggy on a medium size indoor clay track.

Originally Posted by Chuck 21 View Post
In a Hyper 9 with a 1900 KV Tekin & RX8 ESC on 3S what is a good
starting point for a pinion???

Yeah I know your not suppose to run a 1900 on 3S but my 2650 on 3S is
way,way to fast for me. I need to tame the Hyper down a bunch. Steady
clean laps win races out right speed doesn't so I'm going to give this a
try..

Thanks...

Last edited by MindThoughts; 06-17-2011 at 05:17 PM.
MindThoughts is offline  
Old 06-17-2011, 09:43 PM
  #3926  
Tech Master
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Havasu AZ
Posts: 1,143
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by MindThoughts View Post
I run one 3cell Thunder Power 40c 5000mah and I just put the Losi Xcelorin ESC and 2100kv(Xcelorin) motor in my Hyper 9E as well. I'm also running the STRC(Heavy Duty) 42tooth Derlyn(non metal) spur gear- originally made for the Ofna Hyper 10SC(4x4) truck. This model- STRC spur gear is a perfect fit, though does require the reduction of the outer diameter area- where the bearing fits onto the spur gear. Keep in mind the stock Hyper 9E center spur gear is a 40tooth.

As for a pinion gear- I'm going to start with a 17tooth pinion gear. Though this is to run the buggy on a medium size indoor clay track.

I was figuring 19/40 out 1/8th scale track. By the sounds of where
your at I might be close??
Chuck 21 is offline  
Old 06-17-2011, 10:20 PM
  #3927  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (19)
 
MindThoughts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 766
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default Hyper 9E Gearing Posibilities And Starting Points- When Powered By One 3cell LiPo.

Yes Chuck-
19Tooth Pinion and 40Tooth Spur is where I would start(ie. 1/8th scale outdoor track), If I was running your motor with one 3cell LiPo. Keep an eye on your Motor Temperature, and your ESC Temperature- after a few laps.

Note: Hot Bodies makes pinion gears(Mod 1) from 12-26Tooth.
Direct Link to Hot Bodies Pinion Gears:
http://www.hotbodiesonline.com/searc...&submit=Search

Originally Posted by Chuck 21 View Post
I was figuring 19/40 out 1/8th scale track. By the sounds of where
your at I might be close??
MindThoughts is offline  
Old 06-17-2011, 10:45 PM
  #3928  
Tech Master
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Havasu AZ
Posts: 1,143
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by MindThoughts View Post
Yes Chuck-
19Tooth Pinion and 40Tooth Spur is where I would start(ie. 1/8th scale outdoor track), If I was running your motor with one 3cell LiPo. Keep an eye on your Motor Temperature, and your ESC Temperature- after a few laps.

Note: Hot Bodies makes pinion gears(Mod 1) from 12-26Tooth.
Direct Link to Hot Bodies Pinion Gears:
http://www.hotbodiesonline.com/searc...&submit=Search

Thanks I have all pinions from 12 to 25.... Yes I know what you mean
about the temps. The 2650 on 3S runs stone cold even in 90+ degree
temps but the d*m thing is an animal to try to hang on to. I need to do
something to make this Hyper smooth to drive so I'm going to risk the
higher temps the 1900 KV will bring on 3S.

PS: If this isn't smooth enough I'm going to a 5.5 550 motor on 3S and
if that don't get it I'm going to drop the 5.5 down to 2S...
Chuck 21 is offline  
Old 06-18-2011, 11:33 AM
  #3929  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (4)
 
reracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Socal
Posts: 382
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Anybody try a Losi 810 body on a Hyper 9?
reracer is offline  
Old 06-19-2011, 03:02 PM
  #3930  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (7)
 
rsawyers9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 361
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Hey guys, I am looking for some set up tips for my hyper. Im running on an outdoor track that is slightly loams with some fairly large jumps. The car is fast but super twitchy. I set it up like the nitrohouse setup and I have been making small changes but I can't seem to settle the car down.
rsawyers9 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.