Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HoBao Hyper 9E thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2011, 09:37 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I'm looking forward to your review as well. Want to know if this should be on my list
Old 03-31-2011, 10:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 271 (100%+)

The Hyper Star Nitro car is now available in the US through OFNA.

I am not sure that the are offering a front end yet so I would say the other person bought the whole Hyper Star nitro version and just used the front end. From what I have been told the front end is a direct fit. I look forward to seeing what you think about the PBS as well. I ran it on Mugen and Caster cars and it was super smooth and very easy to adjust things.
Old 03-31-2011, 10:50 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Michael#81
From what I have been told the front end is a direct fit.
I can confirm (during my build) the front end it is a direct bolt up.
The 9e chassis brace from the servo tray lines up perfectly too.

Cheers
Old 04-02-2011, 03:25 AM
Tech Initiate

he got the front end from me from Spain, look a few pages back and you can see the kit. Hobao Spain offer the front end as a kit, had on my car a few weeks, i absolutly love it.
Old 04-03-2011, 10:23 AM
Tech Initiate

Hi guys!
Today was another good day at the track with my lovely 9e, nothing broke, and I'm getting fairly good runtimes.

One question though, I'm having quite a hard time to keep my frontwheels to the ground. I'm putting my packs in the front of the batterytray and I'm using 35% punch control in my dx3s. More PC than that and I'm not getting any controlabilty in the air.

I tried to stiffen the rear end just a bit (via the shock threads). Does anyone have any tips or trix except from being softer with the throttle
Old 04-03-2011, 11:39 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by niklass
Hi guys!
Today was another good day at the track with my lovely 9e, nothing broke, and I'm getting fairly good runtimes.

One question though, I'm having quite a hard time to keep my frontwheels to the ground. I'm putting my packs in the front of the batterytray and I'm using 35% punch control in my dx3s. More PC than that and I'm not getting any controlabilty in the air.

I tried to stiffen the rear end just a bit (via the shock threads). Does anyone have any tips or trix except from being softer with the throttle
More anti-squat in the rear, more droop on the arms, and a stiffer front spring will all help keep the front tires on the ground.

With stiffer springs (higher spring rates), the force at the tires increases faster as you push down on the buggy, and decrease faster as you lift up on the buggy. Therefore, you have less lift in the front when you accelerate. I like to use the Xray silver and blue-gray springs in the front of the Hyper 9 because HoBao does not make a spring stiff enough for the 17mm shocks.
Old 04-04-2011, 01:55 AM
Tech Initiate

Thanks for a very quick answer, to get more droop i adjust the front so that i have more downtravel in the front from neutral ride height? Is that correct? I'm new with buggys and their adjustability.

And to get more anti squat in the rear, what is it i need to do to acheive that?

I've googled a bit on the two adjustments but i did unfortunately not get any wiser.

(if you care to explain or point me to a good site with explanations)
Old 04-04-2011, 09:48 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by niklass
Thanks for a very quick answer, to get more droop i adjust the front so that i have more downtravel in the front from neutral ride height? Is that correct? I'm new with buggys and their adjustability.

And to get more anti squat in the rear, what is it i need to do to acheive that?

I've googled a bit on the two adjustments but i did unfortunately not get any wiser.

(if you care to explain or point me to a good site with explanations)
To get more droop out of the car you need to turn the droop screws on the inside of the arm counter clockwise. Make sure you measuer the shocks so that the droop is the same on both sides.

The anti squat is adjusted by changing the pills in the rear c block. This is the block is on the front of the bulkhead where the hinge pins go through. Ther will be a pill in there that can be changed. I usually run 2* of anti squat. That will be with the pill that has the hole in the middle. You will need these.

http://www.nitrohouse.com/Car-Parts-...duct_info.html

This is a good setup tuning guide. Click on the link and go to the bottom of the page to the setup guide link.

http://users.telenet.be/elvo/
Old 04-04-2011, 11:57 AM
Tech Initiate

Thanks! I'll try that out.
Old 04-04-2011, 06:52 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)
Default pbs

Hey guys, just wanted to report back regarding track time with the new front end (pbs) intalled. Buggy was an absolute beast on the track. Overall handling was improved. Understand, I thought the buggy handled great with the original c-hubs & stock front end components, I'm just someone thats always looking for improvement (unfortunatly). This is by no means a must have option. On power steering seemed better and more planted. Off power was still great and seemed about the same. Buggy overall just felt more driveable for me. Certainly faster laptimes, by average of 2-3 secs. Love this new mod for the 9e. Hopefully they will become available soon in the U.S.
Thanks.
Old 04-04-2011, 07:24 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Thumbs up

thanks for the update, looking forward to trying out the pbs myself
Old 04-04-2011, 09:44 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

hey guy's a friend of mine just bought a hyper 9e.Can someone post a basic neutrual setup.i'm a nitro guy and don't have a clue what to tell him what to put in the diff's shock's or what spring's.Need the whole run down thank's
Old 04-05-2011, 05:11 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nick Burgess
hey guy's a friend of mine just bought a hyper 9e.Can someone post a basic neutrual setup.i'm a nitro guy and don't have a clue what to tell him what to put in the diff's shock's or what spring's.Need the whole run down thank's
http://www.nitrohouse.com/a24/Hyper-...icle_info.html

Im using x-ray springs, they are a bit stiffer they are the blue grey ones. They can be found on nitrohouse aswell
Old 04-05-2011, 10:04 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Nick Burgess
This is my baseline setup that I go from anywhere I go. I always start with this setup and tweak from there depending on track conditions.

http://www.nitrohouse.com/a43/Hyper-...icle_info.html

The XRAY springs and the NHR pistons are a must have for this buggy and make it so much smoother and gives you more tuning options.
Old 04-05-2011, 05:15 PM
Tech Apprentice

Right guys I'm going back to the stock battery tray and I want to be able to use the tray without modification so can you guys who also do this let me know what batteries you are running. I heard the maxamps 5250 4s hardpack will fit but it seems like the measurements are too large. Hardcase would be better but throw my way what packs your running without having to modify your trays.

Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.